All Half-Life games 66% OFF!!!

Morgoth

So, will Black Mesa be a free mod, or will it be sold as a Valve product? Possibly along with Ep3 sometime in 2011?

At the moment it is still a free mod.

When they released their

there were some rumors about Valve helping them out and possibly buying them out and releasing Black Mesa with the next *color* Box, if they are interested. I don't know if that's true or what happened with that.

It would be great, though. I don't mind paying for it, judging from how good it looks.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Who doesn't actually own most of this pack? Someone who just came out of their cave?

I actually just bought the Episode Pack (for less than $7) after seeing this thread. I planned on waiting until all 3 episode were released, but I figured I couldn't pass up the cheap goodness.

My question is, now that I have HL2, Ep1 and Ep2, do the (minute) graphical enhancements of the Ep 1 and 2 affect OG HL2 at all? Would I have to have all three games on the same steam account (they aren't)?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Who doesn't actually own most of this pack? Someone who just came out of their cave?

I actually just bought the Episode Pack (for less than $7) after seeing this thread. I planned on waiting until all 3 episode were released, but I figured I couldn't pass up the cheap goodness.

My question is, now that I have HL2, Ep1 and Ep2, do the (minute) graphical enhancements of the Ep 1 and 2 affect OG HL2 at all? Would I have to have all three games on the same steam account (they aren't)?

Nope, they are pretty much stand alone. The graphical updates come in naturally with each episode so you don't really feel like you miss out. HL2 still looks pretty nice, though.

Edited by Purkake

Nope, they are pretty much stand alone. The graphical updates come in naturally with each episode so you don't really feel like you miss out. HL2 still looks pretty nice, though.

Ok, thanks. Just wondering, because I didn't know if I should hold off until I found out or just dive in and run through HL2 again.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

A lot of this generation who were introduced to FPS through Halo don't really think much of the original Half-Life. If you didn't play it back in 1998, back when the helicopter on the cliffside in Surface Tension caused you to **** your pants, it's just not the same after being first exposed to Halo or Gears of War.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

A lot of this generation who were introduced to FPS through Halo don't really think much of the original Half-Life. If you didn't play it back in 1998, back when the helicopter on the cliffside in Surface Tension caused you to **** your pants, it's just not the same after being first exposed to Halo or Gears of War.

Of course not. It's still a functional and fun shooter, though.

I still play Doom and Heretic every now and then. Not because they are great FPSs, but because they are fun to play.

I did not find Half-life 2 entertaining. Or Episode 1. Didn't even bother with 2.

So uh... discount on Portal please?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I did not find Half-life 2 entertaining. Or Episode 1. Didn't even bother with 2.

So uh... discount on Portal please?

They weren't nearly as good as HL1 or Opposing Force, but Episode 1 was still pretty fun and it felt more like the originals!

even though 1 had it's moments too.

Basement elevator zombie ambush :shifty:

If you think the Mass Effect elevators are slow...

I really liked the glowy energy core thing in the Citadel and the multi-phase rescue mission in the end was well done.

Half Life is an ingenious game compared to either of those.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

People who don't like Half-life? They exist, you know.

That's like saying you don't like ice cream.

How do you know you don't like it, if you haven't played it?

I found Half-Life disappointing, and Half-Life 2 just plain bad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

People who don't like Half-life? They exist, you know.

That's like saying you don't like ice cream.

How do you know you don't like it, if you haven't played it?

I found Half-Life disappointing, and Half-Life 2 just plain bad.

Compared to what?

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

What, the first one? Compared to "Game of the Year. It's official."

The second one compared to about every good FPS I've ever played.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: