What are you playing now

Gorth

Apparently it's not for everyone. I personally love it, but there's no reason to go all bash-crazy if you don't.

Surely you can still appreciate the good that came out of HL2, such as the Source engine, awesome facial animations and practical physics.

For the record I think Bioshock did the Gravity Gun much better than Half-life ever did.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bioschock had a gravity gun?! I dont remember that, was it one of those lame super-powers that I never used? (I played the whole game just using the revolver, shotgun and crossbow)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I started to notice how awesome the physics for Half-life 2 were around the first advisor scene. That looked amazing... honestly Episode 2 was pretty good. At least you got to see some important events happening.

I finished Gears of War 2 as well. Excessively good looking, provided entertainment for as long as the campaign lasted and the plot is great as long as you skip all the cutscenes. Oh, and you get to ride a giant dinosaur with gattling guns on its hands and a giant rocket cannon on its back. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It did
I don't see the difference.

You can pick up dead guys and throw them on other guys (all the time). But mostly I prefer the whole "I'm throwing tables with my MIND" aspect to just throwing them with a gun.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

I started to notice how awesome the physics for Half-life 2 were around the first advisor scene. That looked amazing... honestly Episode 2 was pretty good. At least you got to see some important events happening.

I finished Gears of War 2 as well. Excessively good looking, provided entertainment for as long as the campaign lasted and the plot is great as long as you skip all the cutscenes. Oh, and you get to ride a giant dinosaur with gattling guns on its hands and a giant rocket cannon on its back. :(

The scene where a strider blows up a whole house is amazing as well.

The scene where a strider blows up a whole house is amazing as well.

Yeah, too bad the bastards spoiled that for me in a preview video. You really have to be careful in which game videos you watch.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'm playing:

1. street fighter 4 (about an hour a day)

2. secret of monkey island special edition thingy (never played it originally, but I'm digging the new graphic style)

I'm thinking of playing:

1. guild wars original campaign (just for the memories, plus I want to try a very impractical character and see if I can get through it all)

2. Diablo 2 (when that stupid patch finally arrives that lets you easily share inventory between characters AND redistribute skills)

3. Grim Fandango (never played it, but was smart enough to buy it when it was a 5$ jewel case game, its VERY dusty on my shelf)

4. penumbra: black somethin somethin (heard it was scary, i like scary games)

5. beyond good and evil (got it for cheap on steam, have been meaning to play it for years)

6. IL2 Sturmovik (see above - I like tie fighter a lot, is this half as good?)

7. something else? any recommendations?

feel free if you're bored to recommend one of the above listed games, or something else.

if you're not bored or don't want to suggest stuff to me for some other reason: feel free to ignore! (or heckle, but keep it nice ;)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm playing:

1. street fighter 4 (about an hour a day)

2. secret of monkey island special edition thingy (never played it originally, but I'm digging the new graphic style)

I'm thinking of playing:

1. guild wars original campaign (just for the memories, plus I want to try a very impractical character and see if I can get through it all)

2. Diablo 2 (when that stupid patch finally arrives that lets you easily share inventory between characters AND redistribute skills)

3. Grim Fandango (never played it, but was smart enough to buy it when it was a 5$ jewel case game, its VERY dusty on my shelf)

4. penumbra: black somethin somethin (heard it was scary, i like scary games)

5. beyond good and evil (got it for cheap on steam, have been meaning to play it for years)

6. IL2 Sturmovik (see above - I like tie fighter a lot, is this half as good?)

7. something else? any recommendations?

IL2 Strumovik is the alpha and omega of combat flight simulators.

Grim Fandango is ingenious as well.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I picked up a copy of Prey for cheap so I'll install that sometome soon. The games doesn't look that great but, meh, it was only a few bucks.

some of the puzzle parts were fun, but walking down a corridor and having the walls poop on you was a bit off putting :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!