The Force Unleashed 'Ultimate Sith Edition'

Purkake

So Lucasarts finally decided that they needed more money. Press release from Joystiq:

LucasArts has announced that the "Ultimate Sith Edition" of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will hit this fall on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac, bringing with it two new levels in the Star Wars Infinity canon. One, set on Tatooine, will see Vader's apprentice hunting down and battling Obi-Wan Kenobi, making a stop at Jabba the Hutt's palace along the way. For the other, which takes place on Hoth, the apprentice has become the master, and -- wearing the Vader-esque armor seen above -- scraps with Luke Skywalker himself.

The Hoth mission will be exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition of the game; the Tatooine mission, however, will be offered as paid DLC on PS3 and 360 for owners of the less-than-ultimate original game. Additionally, the new edition will include all previously released DLC for The Force Unleashed on disc, including the Jedi Temple mission and various player skins.

It may seem strange to be launching a second edition of the title (and DLC) nearly a year after it was released, but The Force Unleashed remains the fastest-selling Star Wars game of all time (and has sold move than six million copies to date). Check out the gallery below for more first screens from the Ultimate Sith Edition.

Trailer

nSEgM.jpg

Edited by Purkake

Didn't this game get mediocre reviews? I was hoping for the next Dark Forces/Jedi Knight type game but it sounded like a flop. Don't think two new levels are going to turn this into a purchase for me.

The reception was pretty lukewarm, but I'm still interested in some pretty lightsaber fights and Euphoria Engine powered force powers. It does suffer heavily from the dreaded quick time events, though.

Edited by Purkake

The big thing about TFU was that the developers ended up changing thigns so that stormtroopers could stand up to several lightsaber slashes. Also it was short, and one of the arguably most badass things you could do on paper, got turned into a mediocrity (yanking a death star down from the sky). The boss fights were pretty awesome, but the battles with the mobs on the way there felt boring and often ended with you doing your best to stay away from the heavy guy while kicking the crap out of the peons.

If they'd done it with a God of War style (here's a billion enemies, they can't kill you alone, but there's a billion of em!) fighting situation rather than, say, prince of persia minus the acrobatics, I'd have loved it. But as it is you come out feeling a little bit under powered, due to the aforementioned lightsaber thing, and then the fact that there are more "anti-jedi" stormtroopers around than should be plausible. There are two stormtrooper types SPECIFICALLY desinged to nullify one of your attack styles... (force lightning, and your saber's inherent breaker) and they're usually paired TOGETHER meaning that you're basically left with only having your push powers and those rarely work very well.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I am really just interested in how the guy manages to hold his lightsaber reverse handed and not slice of his own ear.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I was interested in this game when it came out, but forgot about it soon after. What's the price on PCs?

I am really just interested in how the guy manages to hold his lightsaber reverse handed and not slice of his own ear.

The Force.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yeah, the game isn't as fun to play as it might look. There are too many regular troopers that are immune to your force powers, lightsaber combat is not deadly in the least and most annoying of all, there seemed to be no recovery time when you get knocked down leading to enemies hitting you just as you stand up only to knock you down again. Also you had to go through a loading screen just to upgrade your force powers.

I felt the game worked best when you were running down long corridors and using your force lift and push powers to slam objects into enemies. There are also some enjoyable combos you can pull off with your force powers, such as lift then electrocute, or electrocute an object then throw it at an enemy like a bomb. The best thing about the game was the story and presentation and the boss battles were pretty good for the most part. Except for that stupid Star Destroyer sequence where the in game prompts actually gave you wrong information.

I was glad I rented it, because it was a pretty average game. Really a step down from JK2.

I think SWFU is as close a definition to "mediocre" as you can get now. It works, it looks alright, it plays alright but it never becomes anything special. I was bored to tears after the first levels, but I finished it just because I wanted to see the ending.. which was anticlimactic and pointless.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've already watched the entire 'story' of this game on Youtube. Saves me from trudging through the actual game, I guess. Yay for Youtube! :rolleyes:

I did exactly the same thing with RE5. Youtube is really cool for that...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p