True Stealth and Gadgets?

I would really like a dev to answer this, but if you have any knowledge, please share.

- I was wondering how much stealth will really be implemented into this game. In most missions, will it be possible to sneak by, or knife kill most gaurds. The reason I ask is because in the previews it mainly shows micheal ramboing everyone. Also, what kind of gadgets will we get. I heard of the noisemaker one, which looks cool, but what other innovative items will we see? :unsure:

( Also, is the knife a confirmed weapon in AP?)

The knife is not a confirmed weapon in AP, I think there is no close combat weapon in fact. But Michael does use a knife for the stealthy executions, you just don't hit yourself with it.

so that means use automatically use the knife when you try to stealth kill someone?

The knife is not a confirmed weapon in AP, I think there is no close combat weapon in fact. But Michael does use a knife for the stealthy executions, you just don't hit yourself with it.

so that means use automatically use the knife when you try to stealth kill someone?

Yes. Also, the walkthrough videos have all been commando playthroughs. It is probably possible to stealth through the entire level with a decent stealth skill.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yes, you should be able to stealth through almost all the missions. The knife is used for lethal takedowns, although it's not something you can equip and run around with; it's used automatically when you perform a lethal takedown. There are also nonlethal takedowns if you need to incapacitate someone without killing them.

As far as gadgets go, you can get stuff like radio mimics, which cancels alarms if you accidentally trip one, the noisemaker, which can lure guards out of their patrol routes, different sets of armor and armor mods which are designed for stealth, as well as a number of activated and passive abilities that make it much easier to get around undetected.

I'm sure that at some point we'll have a dev diary or a blog written up about stealth in more detail...

Matthew Rorie

Yes, you should be able to stealth through almost all the missions. The knife is used for lethal takedowns, although it's not something you can equip and run around with; it's used automatically when you perform a lethal takedown. There are also nonlethal takedowns if you need to incapacitate someone without killing them.

As far as gadgets go, you can get stuff like radio mimics, which cancels alarms if you accidentally trip one, the noisemaker, which can lure guards out of their patrol routes, different sets of armor and armor mods which are designed for stealth, as well as a number of activated and passive abilities that make it much easier to get around undetected.

I'm sure that at some point we'll have a dev diary or a blog written up about stealth in more detail...

Sounds good. One question, if you DO trip/activate an alarm, can you go into detail on what effect that has on the player? (i.e. do more enemies show up, or is their awareness turned up... etc)?

There are also nonlethal takedowns if you need to incapacitate someone without killing them.
This is interesting. What happens if you try a lethal takedown on a target that needs to be alive? Does MT automatically perform the non-lethal one, you get a "FISSION MAILED" screen, or (hopefully) you get to deal with the consequences of being a compulsive neck-breaker? More generally, how does AP deal with killing sprees?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think the player chooses between lethal and non-lethal takedowns, mostly. I mean, if we even have non-lethal ammo for those of us that dislike killing sprees, why not the possibility to chose between lethal and non-lethal for takedowns?

If you were trying to convince me to officially sign up for updates, it worked.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I got the impression that it was mostly something of a "starter pack" as well.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

On the subject of stealth, will any of the stealth play be based on blending in ("Don't look at me. I'm just a guard like all of you guys. Nothing to see here") or will it all be sneaky-sneaky like?

What about using dialogs/npc relationships to get cover IDs? At least front enough to get past the guard post. :banghead: Then who knows what kind of magic might happen. Will I be able to use a garrote?

hmm. garrotes sounds like guillitone. I wonder if i will be able to use one of those. I also wonder if i spelled guillitone right.

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

hmm. garrotes sounds like guillitone. I wonder if i will be able to use one of those. I also wonder if i spelled guillitone right.

I suppose you could say they both apply pressure on your neck/throat when used. The Guillotine is just a bit messier (and harder to smuggle through customs).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I suppose you could say they both apply pressure on your neck/throat when used. The Guillotine is just a bit messier (and harder to smuggle through customs).

Nonsense. You just disguise it as something, say an elephant. Youre allowed to take those to different states, right?

Edited by AlphaPro

salamando.gif

On the subject of stealth, will any of the stealth play be based on blending in ("Don't look at me. I'm just a guard like all of you guys. Nothing to see here") or will it all be sneaky-sneaky like?

That's one of the aspects of Blood Money I enjoyed quite a bit. It's not that I expect or even want Alpha Protocol to go entirely in that direction, but some subterfuge along those lines sounds like a lot of fun.