F3: Mothership Zeta screens & short article

I wonder if observing from the Roost that I would appreciate the hope of civility will allow me to relax and not have to do any actual work ... (i.e. Mod Status, Warnings, and such ...)

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

This pontification of what is canon and what isn't seems a bit too convenient in that it allows folks to discount the failings of the earlier games. Clearly, the happenings in the wastes are PART of the game, and are, therefor canon, for beter or worse. They weren't "wth, that's FUNNY!" moments for me, they were more like WTF, this sucks" moments for me.

So if you found it funny then, why isn't it funny now? It's still WTF for me.

Uh, because they are special encounters meant to be discovered only by characters with exceptional luck?

And MZ is special encounter meant to be encountered only by people who purchase the newest DLC... i don't see a difference...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This pontification of what is canon and what isn't seems a bit too convenient in that it allows folks to discount the failings of the earlier games. Clearly, the happenings in the wastes are PART of the game, and are, therefor canon, for beter or worse. They weren't "wth, that's FUNNY!" moments for me, they were more like WTF, this sucks" moments for me.

So if you found it funny then, why isn't it funny now? It's still WTF for me.

Uh, because they are special encounters meant to be discovered only by characters with exceptional luck?

And MZ is special encounter meant to be encountered only by people who purchase the newest DLC... i don't see a difference...

Key difference I've been pointing out: a SINGLE UNIQUE ENCOUNTER versus AN ENTIRE ADDON SOLELY FOCUSED ON ALIENS.

Having replayed both classics recently, I can safely say that your argument is manure of the finest sort. Gee, you should start a fertilizer farm.
I'm sure you could give him a few pointers on how to run it.

"Mountains of stupid ****" are usually limited to unique, one time encounters. They are special encounters, easter eggs, not part of the normal gameplay. Fallout 1 and (to a much lesser degree) Fallout 2 aimed to create a coherent, living world that made sense, not to be a patchwork of teh kewl elements that make little sense when put together.
Um, sure. After all, it's not like stuff like the Keeng Rat and his bro are in the game IC, at all. Neither is that odd guy Horrigan, either. Or talking plants. Or huge, mutated, spectacle-wearing chessmaster scorpions. Or S&M-loving supermutants. Or scien... err, I mean, hubologists. No sir, thankfully, you can avoid all of that - it's easy as uninstalling the game!

Sure, Bethy may be going overboard with a DLC revolving around the silliness present in the setting... but it's not really out of place, all things considered.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The difference is that in Fallout, you come across an alien ship (maybe), and that ship is in the wasteland. The wasteland in prior Fallout's was an "anything could be out there ~now" sort of place; and it was ONLY out there. It was not something you could talk about in town, not something you could easily retrace your steps back to. It was like... Hmm.. It would be like walking in the wilds of Alaska and seeing a moose 5 stories up tangled in the power lines; Its once in a life time weird ****.

Aliens in Fallout were for gag purposes ~never to be repeated, never to be taken seriously [except while you were there :lol: ]; Never to become the focal point of a major expansion pack :(

Edited by Gizmo

Um, sure. After all, it's not like stuff like the Keeng Rat and his bro are in the game IC, at all. Neither is that odd guy Horrigan, either. Or talking plants. Or huge, mutated, spectacle-wearing chessmaster scorpions. Or S&M-loving supermutants. Or scien... err, I mean, hubologists. No sir, thankfully, you can avoid all of that - it's easy as uninstalling the game!

Sure, Bethy may be going overboard with a DLC revolving around the silliness present in the setting... but it's not really out of place, all things considered.

Fallout 1 and (to a much lesser degree) Fallout 2 aimed to create a coherent, living world that made sense

So what? Is FO2 any less canon than the first? Is it any less of a setting-establishing resource?

Arguments please, not the same old rehashed excuses.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Shouldn't you take your own advice to heart?

Shouldn't you post something other than useless fluff for a change? I made my argument, er, in the same post you quoted, and in the one before that. :(

I'll stop posting useless stuff at the same time you guys stop the useless debates.
Get off our thread, then, you partycrasher! Edited by 213374U

I'll stop posting useless stuff at the same time you guys stop the useless debates.
Get off our thread, then, you partycrasher!

This thread does not belong to bourgeoisie clowns, it belongs to the people.

So what? Is FO2 any less canon than the first? Is it any less of a setting-establishing resource?

It's more contradictory, therefore less of a setting estabilishing resource.

It's a no brainer, really.

nah, it's cool. i'm not really into the whole media-whore scene. also, your mama is Ayn Rand.
My bad. Did I say Ayn Rand? I meant Todd Howard:

post-179-1248091007.gif

You know you want to.

Is it really an option to choose to ignore content in the game?

That's like saying you have lots of choice in Mass Effect.

Well when a screen pops up asking you a question and it's not the run of the mill types, it is an option. Most might not take the option best suited to them though, heh. I don't think people are giving FO2 a pass and hitting FO3, at least over this, the second had silly stuff but amazingly there wasn't any improvement it seems. So, will we be able to talk the aliens into leaving ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra