I read another article on that same site.

It said:

Thorton (often misspelled as "Thornton," a fact that the developers decided to poke fun at within the game) is the one and only playable character in the game. You cannot choose to be a female, and you cannot change the basic physical features of the young man. However, when back at your home base, you can play with hair style (including facial hair), and accessorize with hats, glasses, etc.

Is that true? If it is, I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to actually tweak MT's face a little. I just--I just can't STAND the default MT. There's something about his face that annoys me.

I bet it was a tight fight with ME2. Seems that ME2 will have less of the 'identical cave/corridor/bunker with differently placed crates for cover' problem the first one had. And less 'climb over impassable mountains to find metal/artifact/thingy to complete quest' too. It was fun for maybe the first few planets, but eventually, it takes up like 70% of the game. Ugh!

I hope.

Sorry for saying this late in. Super duper effing wow grats to you guys! :lol:

Edited by SirPetrakus

I read another article on that same site.

It said:

Thorton (often misspelled as "Thornton," a fact that the developers decided to poke fun at within the game) is the one and only playable character in the game. You cannot choose to be a female, and you cannot change the basic physical features of the young man. However, when back at your home base, you can play with hair style (including facial hair), and accessorize with hats, glasses, etc.

Is that true? If it is, I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to actually tweak MT's face a little. I just--I just can't STAND the default MT. There's something about his face that annoys me.

Maybe Obs didn't include that in the preview RPGFan got?

By physical features they appear to be talking about his body build, height, etc. - otherwise the next sentence in that quote doesn't make a lot of sense.

@ Silvernite : I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure I've already read that thing a long time ago (the Thorton joke) :) At that time, perhaps that they didn't know that you could tweak his face a little, because since then we know that we can. There is especially that video on a french web-site where we can see Michael with (don't laugh please) a Amish Beard :p

@ Silvernite : I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure I've already read that thing a long time ago (the Thorton joke) :) At that time, perhaps that they didn't know that you could tweak his face a little, because since then we know that we can. There is especially that video on a french web-site where we can see Michael with (don't laugh please) a Amish Beard :lol:

Well the article was dated 6/06/09 so that was after E3. I saw the gameplay video with the Amish beard. I believe it's just the default face with the beard slapped on. What I want is to actually be able to change the face itself, not just add a silly beard.

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/alphaprotocol/index.html