What you did today

Gorth

Shryke's life sounds positively exhausting to me.

that's what days off are for - recovery!

today is not such a happy day for me

tis the 3 year anniversary of a very unfortunate event :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

my excitement for the day was the realization that grades were due yesterday. i read the first part of the email (our office admin) that said "90 hours after the final" and failed to notice the "or by the deadline on the sheet in the top right corner." presumably whichever came first. our scheduled "final" was monday, so i figured i had till tomorrow morning. nope. yesterday. in my defense, one of my students did not turn in his final lab till yesterday evening (we didn't actually have an exam) and i don't grade till i have them all in (there were only 5 students in the class). anyway, nobody seemed to care. got me out of the office for an hour.

soooo, now i'm done with school till next february. i think we're going to redesign the lab this summer since our setup is a bit out of date. at the very least, i need to take ownership since none of the experiments were designed by me. even the lab manual was written by the guy i report to. we've got decent enough equipment for doing the tests, we just have old circuits to test (which causes problems).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Going to look for a part time job tomorrow to keep myself busy (and my wallet from being empty) over the break.

Quite a few of us are doing that, although you can remove the part-time in my case. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It makes my head spin!

you don't have any kids yet, do you? that changes everything. totally and forever.

of course, we live in an area that fosters some rather intense extracurricular activities that the child can participate in, namely, skiing and camping. skiing can be an extreme sport, particularly when you're doing it at 40. my son will likely be jumping off cliffs by the time he's a teenager. camping by itself isn't all that bad, but backpacking into the wilderness for a week can be. 4-wheeling up a rock wall then hiking 2 miles into no-man's land by yourself just to drop a line in a mountain stream is pretty intense, too, particularly when you regularly see mountain lion and/or bear tracks along the way. not sure what i'd do if i ever ran across the owner of said tracks. cry and poop my pants, probably, followed by some gurgling and eventually, death.

other than that, simply being awake is often fascinating to me. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

been trying to learn how to say something in german and practicing saying it in a particular voice for a recording we're gonna be doing
You got a Duncan (or not ;)) and me probably able to teach you :)

Today would have been a day off, but, as usual, the robot took up all the time left until the evening, and now I had to read several norms on software quality for an examn on monday :) I think I'll be unable to remember one word of what abstract sh**load of terminology I just tried to stuff in my head...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

yup Duncan's back in NZ along with his new austrian girlfriend

she seems pretty cool - though i'm not so sure about the photo shoot she wants to do :)

she seems pretty cool - though i'm not so sure about the photo shoot she wants to do ;)

Is that the one you needed chains and black leather for? :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

she seems pretty cool - though i'm not so sure about the photo shoot she wants to do :ermm:

Is that the one you needed chains and black leather for? :shifty:

haha no that was another one :sweat:

It makes my head spin!

you don't have any kids yet, do you? that changes everything. totally and forever.

of course, we live in an area that fosters some rather intense extracurricular activities that the child can participate in, namely, skiing and camping. skiing can be an extreme sport, particularly when you're doing it at 40. my son will likely be jumping off cliffs by the time he's a teenager. camping by itself isn't all that bad, but backpacking into the wilderness for a week can be. 4-wheeling up a rock wall then hiking 2 miles into no-man's land by yourself just to drop a line in a mountain stream is pretty intense, too, particularly when you regularly see mountain lion and/or bear tracks along the way. not sure what i'd do if i ever ran across the owner of said tracks. cry and poop my pants, probably, followed by some gurgling and eventually, death.

other than that, simply being awake is often fascinating to me. :)

taks

I think Hurley has a kid. I remember a holloween photo or something.

Anyhow, you might be lucky and run into a mountain lion. One bite to the back of the head and you'd have a nice, quick death. :p

Yep, my daughter just turned two. I was referring more to the complexities of multiple partners and all that jazz. I went the traditional route, met a girl, got married, bought a house, had a kid with the woman I married. You know, the stuff they don't show on TV because it's too boring.

About 6 hours as a human canvas for an amazing piece of art ...

Good Lord, bro, give us a picture!

Seconded. You can't tease like that and not give us something. You just...can't...? :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My ribs have come apart AGAIN! *anger and frustration*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

8 and a half hours from now I will be free from the chains of employment slavery. No longer will I have to shred for hours or awkwardly communicate with my bosses and coworkers. It's going to be awesome.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Finally proved a bit more resistant to whiskey on thursday, even if I didn't drink any alcohol for quite a while. And how glad I was, fearing the worst after past experiences of sleeplessness and sickness.

Today, I had my longest day of work ever, 8am to midnight, with no lunch break, after a night of four hours. How lucky then that the semester is over soon, don't know how healthy such a 'life'style would be in the long run... It's good to know that I can survive exceptions like this without immediate consequences. It's an intense learning period for me of late anyway. A lot about relationships, trust, but also stuff like math and programming (looking at numerical methods again to solve interpolation, integration, ode, ..., and implementing an evolutionary algorithm in a very restricted (compared to my normal programming environment) hardware base (512 byte rom, atmega8 controller, has to react on sensory input in real time etc.)), tight schedules, responsibility and whatnot, and all the while keeping in touch with old friends and ... wasting time on the internet :p

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

About 6 hours as a human canvas for an amazing piece of art ...

Good Lord, bro, give us a picture!

Seconded. You can't tease like that and not give us something. You just...can't...? :p

Remind me when I am back in July and everything is healed ... the last two weeks and I have been in that chair for almost 10 hours!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

oh a tattoo

i was thinking of body painting for some reason

sort of the same thing - just one is more permanent and has more needles :*

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I coded a C++ assignment today and restarted work on my 2D sidescroller after a few months hiatus.

Edit: I need to find another job. It's been a year and accommodation funds are starting to run low.

Edited by Krezack

I must be a compulsive stuffed toy animal buyer. Grabbed a ****atoo at the airport souvenir store to keep my crocodile, clown fish, snake (with a real working rattle in its tail) and shark company. I think I need a bigger couch :*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein