What you did today

Gorth

I tried to get a court order to have Cantousent's basement dug up, but nobody believes what I am telling them :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

- typing "tank to right" lacks a certain immediacy compared with speaking

- The total absence of teamwork renders the whole thing into a confused mess

- Only defensive missions with chokepoints evidence any teamwork

- If you DO happen to get a good team player hang on to the little bastard. Two if us got into a tiger E and did great havoc once we got used to each other's style.

Download teamspeak, although hearing your own voice, kinda takes away from the experience. Some clans take tactics and teamwork very seriously.

I just got unreal tourney 3 myself, I'm planning on getting butchered by 14 year olds later on today.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well, I got Gold Membership for XBox Live. Haven't gotten the nerve yet to put in CoD4 yet. I think I would get owned worse than the werewolf incident.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

- typing "tank to right" lacks a certain immediacy compared with speaking

- The total absence of teamwork renders the whole thing into a confused mess

- Only defensive missions with chokepoints evidence any teamwork

- If you DO happen to get a good team player hang on to the little bastard. Two if us got into a tiger E and did great havoc once we got used to each other's style.

Download teamspeak, although hearing your own voice, kinda takes away from the experience. Some clans take tactics and teamwork very seriously.

I just got unreal tourney 3 myself, I'm planning on getting butchered by 14 year olds later on today.

I've got a mic set up now. But no bastard can hear me, apparently, other than very faintly. Which is weird because it works fine on Skype etc. Is teamspeak different?

I've set up a thread about clanning me up.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So yesterday I got raped by the Chem AP exam (its basically a final for a nationally-regulated supposedly college-level course). Therefore, I'm now studying my *** off for the next one (World History).

Good luck. Isn't the Chem AP test statistically the most difficult one offered? I recall it being so when I took it in '97 (in terms of the % of takers getting a 4 or 5).

Thanks. At least this one was easy. Yeah, chem is pretty up there in tems of pathetic 5 rates. World is worse, though. Rather surprising, 'cause World was much easier.

*snip*

Anyhow, the lesson is that, if you ever get the chance, having to teach the material to somebody else is absolutely the best study aid in existence.

EDIT: My HS didn't offer World History. I recall taking AP exams in US History, Chemistry, US Government, and 2 of them in English writing/editing/whatever.

Yeah, I'm the kind like your sister. I've never skipped a homework assignment, (I have no semblance of a social life). I've started to realize that doing problems, etc. can only do so much.

I took four AP tests, European and US history, Government, and Economics. I did miserable on the Gov and Econ ones, but I knew it pretty early on in the year, as the teacher was terrible and I had zero interest in economics. I passed Euro and US History, and it transferred into 12 units at my university, which was a huge help when graduating. It basically got me out of college a semester early.

Those two AP classes that I actually passed are what prepared me for college though, the writing skills alone made most college level essays a breeze.

Yeah, that's why I'm taking these damn things: to be ready for college-level workloads. That, and so that I have a chance to get into MIT.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

just got back from a DMV hearing regarding my license. 12 points in 12 months is a no-no in CO. turns out they failed to mitigate one of my tickets. early payment results in a 2-point reduction, which i had done for one of my tickets (a 6-pointer), but it was not credited. as a result, i actually only have 10 points, so no suspension! we still have to get a certified fax from silverthorne (city near frisco-dillon in ski-country) attesting to the fact that i did pay it early. phew! the lawyer i hired for $250 was really unnecessary, however, he is going to do the legwork to get this straightened out so i guess it paid in the end. nice guy, my lawyer is. i think he's a keeper. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm driving up to Dyersburg tomorrow to get my new foster dog. I've blocked off a spare bed room for her until she is acclimated and we can work on socialization a little. I'm always a little on edge before getting a new one. You never know what baggage they are bringing with them or how your dogs will react.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

hehe, that would be my cat. lots of baggage and very poor social skills. my mom's dog put him in his place a few weeks ago, however. damn evil cat.

taks

I'm sad. Dogies are at grandma's house 'cause dad doesn't like them.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Gave my business presentation and got a "significantly above average" review from the teacher. Funny part was that at the end of the presentation he asks questions of the group presenting... he didn't ask me a blessed thing.

I'd thought we were screwed because the simplicity of our plan, and the tiny tiny size of it (I could pay for the entire thing on my credit card). of course there was one numbskull who said "I'm gonna replace the yellow pages with a technological version!" and then failed to give us a reason why customers would switch other than "going green".

Oh and he'd required 40mil to get himself off the ground.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good job Calax. I got 2 A's and 2 B's.

Tomorrow is my third to last day of work and I can't wait for this crap to be over. I'm angry more than usual because they've been scheduling the other student worker girl the same days as me which gives me virtually nothing to do except shred paper all day. The last two days I've worked I've done a good 4 hours of shredding which is about 3/4's of my day. I don't quite understand their reasoning either because they could just lay me off and bring her in an extra day which would save them some cash and get basically the same amount of work done. I work monday and friday next week and I'd like to actually take one day off becuase it's agonizing how crappy it is but I'm not sure what would be a good excuse so someone think of something.

But luckily with school out I've had a ton of time to myself, which is something I haven't had in a few months. I watched all 3 seasons of 30 rock and read 250 chapters of a japanese comic. Me and my friend have also started playing wc3 after years of retirement and we've somehow managed to get something like a 14-3 record. He's also got a really good chance of getting into the starcraft 2 beta so it's going to be awesome once that happens and we will be semi-ready to kick ass. So stoked.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm trying to figure out how to report my wife's student loans and 401K on the annual financial reporting forms I have to fill out for work. My info is all the same from last year, but this is the first time I've done the forms since we got hitched.

A friend of mine took me out to all you can eat Sushi. What's funny is that the place touted genuine Japanese Sushi, but the people all spoke Korean to each other. No biggie, that was some of the best mixed Japanese seafood I've had in a long LONG time. God, I'm going to start going there regularly, even if it is 25 minutes away in a fairly run down part of Riverside.

Meanwhile, he's mentioned that he feels bad because he's somewhat relieved that his wife is gone. She had terminal cancer for years and they went through a soul draining ordeal trying to find new treatments that might help. The treatements she took, in combination with the cancer, compromised her immune system. After years of fighting cancer, she died of an infection. Sucks, huh? The upshot, he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel some burden lifted off of his shoulders. He didn't wish for her to die and he'd give anything to have her back, but she'd dead. Mourne the good stuff, but let yourself feel a little relief that it's over. Not only that, he had a heart attack himself less than a year ago. He's a big, healthy guy. The mild cardiac event was brought on by stress.

Anyhow, he says to me that he sometimes talks to his wife. You have to understand, before you think I'm a complete **** for this exchange, that we're guys. I've brought up Nancy from time to time, but I mostly let him tell me what he wants when he wants. Being guys in our 40s, that means not a lot. So he suddenly says when I'm getting ready to leave that he talks to his wife sometimes when he's alone in the house and asks me if that makes him crazy. I shrugged and told him it depended on what she said back. Made us both laugh, so it must not have been too bad.

well it looks like I"m gonna pull off a 3.2ish gpa for this semester... first time I've gotten above a 2.7 since 7th grade...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A friend of mine took me out to all you can eat Sushi. What's funny is that the place touted genuine Japanese Sushi, but the people all spoke Korean to each other. No biggie, that was some of the best mixed Japanese seafood I've had in a long LONG time. God, I'm going to start going there regularly, even if it is 25 minutes away in a fairly run down part of Riverside.

Meanwhile, he's mentioned that he feels bad because he's somewhat relieved that his wife is gone. She had terminal cancer for years and they went through a soul draining ordeal trying to find new treatments that might help. The treatements she took, in combination with the cancer, compromised her immune system. After years of fighting cancer, she died of an infection. Sucks, huh? The upshot, he wouldn't be human if he didn't feel some burden lifted off of his shoulders. He didn't wish for her to die and he'd give anything to have her back, but she'd dead. Mourne the good stuff, but let yourself feel a little relief that it's over. Not only that, he had a heart attack himself less than a year ago. He's a big, healthy guy. The mild cardiac event was brought on by stress.

Anyhow, he says to me that he sometimes talks to his wife. You have to understand, before you think I'm a complete **** for this exchange, that we're guys. I've brought up Nancy from time to time, but I mostly let him tell me what he wants when he wants. Being guys in our 40s, that means not a lot. So he suddenly says when I'm getting ready to leave that he talks to his wife sometimes when he's alone in the house and asks me if that makes him crazy. I shrugged and told him it depended on what she said back. Made us both laugh, so it must not have been too bad.

My mother is fighting cancer and she has days where she wants it to be over, so I wouldn't blame your friend. You're right IMO that its a human and sensible reaction to be relieved.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i think my mother was relieved the ordeal was over when my dad died, even though there was still hope he would recover up till the last week or so (he was improving in many ways, just not the most important ones).

oh, and for the record, aristes, i'd never eat at an "all you can eat" sushi place. something just not right about that concept to me... :shudder: i do love sushi, so i don't mind dropping $30 on lunch to get my fill, i just don't do that very often (don't know many people that also like sushi).

taks

I'm telling you, man, the salt levels of my blood about killed me yesterday. The sushi was good though, and made to order right in front of us. Seriously, we ordered several different types of sushi and they prepared each one as we ordered it. I feel terrible today, but I don't think it's because of the quality of the food. I just think I can't take that much salt in my diet anymore.

Is this not the coolest picture?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2431157.ece

Great shot!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Had some superb sushi in Manchester the other day, there's a place in Chinatown that cooks everything in front of you, except the sushi. I can't remember the name, but although it was pricey I'd rate it for any celebration.

-Elwood Blues

assuming they do that on a big griddle, that would be teppanyaki. we visit such a restaurant occasionally. my wife won't eat much of the sushi i get. FYI, sushi is actually the name of the rice. with some form of fish on top, it is referred to as nigiri (short for nigirizushi).

unfortunately, there's only a few decent sushi places in COS. i would not rate the teppanyaki place as one of the better sushi houses, though it is sufficient. we go there for the teppan cooking.

taks

Woohoo! 14 hours of work (interrupted by travel time between university and home and buying something to eat) over ;)

Let's see if it's a date tomorrow or just more work. Probably a bit of both ;)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority