What you did today

Gorth

Charmin? I wouldn't wipe my... oh. wait.

Seriously, as long as it isn't that tracing paper stuff who cares?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's all about the excess lint issue...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe we could switch to three seashells?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ok. That's step one. Now... WHY?

She told me I should get shot, I threw a pencil at her and she walked across the room and attacked.

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Yes. She is just an anger machine. I was also surprised bcause the pencil went nowhere near her. I also believe that an offcourse pencil doesn't warant a desk being pushed on me.

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hey, for some guys it's tough to fight women. It's the whole chivalry thing. Me, I'd just run. Of course, I'd probably run if it were a guy also. ...Or a stray cat. Whatever. I'm a born again Krishtun. We're all wimps.

Was she, by chance, a target to bullying? Because I know such violent reactions to seemingly small things from people that were subject to constant teasing.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Yes. She is just an anger machine. I was also surprised bcause the pencil went nowhere near her. I also believe that an offcourse pencil doesn't warant a desk being pushed on me.

Maybe if you didn't threw that pencil at her, off course or not, she wouldn't have pushed that desk into you. People can have very bad days and the little things can set them off.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Maybe if you didn't threw that pencil at her, off course or not, she wouldn't have pushed that desk into you. People can have very bad days and the little things can set them off.

No kidding there. My ex-wife and I have exchanged gunfire over less.

OK, i am exaggerating, but not much.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So yesterday I got raped by the Chem AP exam (its basically a final for a nationally-regulated supposedly college-level course). Therefore, I'm now studying my *** off for the next one (World History).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Played Red Orchestra far too much today. But did my exercises, and breathing exercises, and did some correspondence. I should have done more but could have done worse.

I'm not a regular player of online shooters like Red Orchestra, and some things perplexed me:

- typing "tank to right" lacks a certain immediacy compared with speaking

- The total absence of teamwork renders the whole thing into a confused mess

- Only defensive missions with chokepoints evidence any teamwork

- If you DO happen to get a good team player hang on to the little bastard. Two if us got into a tiger E and did great havoc once we got used to each other's style.

I think you ought to apologise to that girl. Firstly because I think it's correct that she is under pressure and you pushed her over. Secondly because angry women are great kissers.

-Elwood Blues

i was grumpy last night

was at the pub and was talking to someone and when i turned back around to grab my drink it was gone

someone stoled mah whiskey! :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I am currently drinking a very nice Manhattan I made. 4 parts Sazerac Rye, 1 part M&R sweet Vermouth, a few drops of Angostura bitters, and a maraschino cherry in there just for looks (I rinsed it thoroughly to get the juice out and wouldn't dream of eating the thing).

So yesterday I got raped by the Chem AP exam (its basically a final for a nationally-regulated supposedly college-level course). Therefore, I'm now studying my *** off for the next one (World History).

Good luck. Isn't the Chem AP test statistically the most difficult one offered? I recall it being so when I took it in '97 (in terms of the % of takers getting a 4 or 5).

Anyhow, my Chem AP class was interesting. I went to a big public high school (roughly 500 students per class), and there were 2 classes of Chem AP, taught by the same teacher at different points during the day. Now, certain ultra-science students or valedictorian wannabes would take all 3 science AP tests, by taking AP Chem as a junior alongside Phys I, and both AP Phys and Bio as seniors. My younger sister (younger by 17 months) was one such student (she now works as a biologist with a state environmental protection agency), which put her in AP Chem the same year I was (although she was in the class that met at a different period). Sis and I were polar opposites as students-- both of us did well, but she was the "work hard, do all the assignments, and study for long hours before the tests" type, while I was the insufferable "understand the principles in the initial lecture, take the grading hit for skipping the homework, and ace the tests on scant preparation" bastard. Anyhow, Chem AP was an interesting experience because for the first time I really had something forcing me to study-- my sister asking me to help her do the homework. (There were times when I was responsible for the majority of the answers on my sister's homework but still didn't hand in a copy of my own. I was quite the arrogant bastard back then.) It paid off handsomely, in the form of 8 college credits and one gen. ed. requirement I didn't have to worry about. A more prudent person would've used the AP credits to graduate early and save on tuition. But I was too in love with the collegiate experience to do that, so I registered for lots of interesting electives instead.

Anyhow, the lesson is that, if you ever get the chance, having to teach the material to somebody else is absolutely the best study aid in existence.

EDIT: My HS didn't offer World History. I recall taking AP exams in US History, Chemistry, US Government, and 2 of them in English writing/editing/whatever.

Edited by Enoch

I took four AP tests, European and US history, Government, and Economics. I did miserable on the Gov and Econ ones, but I knew it pretty early on in the year, as the teacher was terrible and I had zero interest in economics. I passed Euro and US History, and it transferred into 12 units at my university, which was a huge help when graduating. It basically got me out of college a semester early.

Those two AP classes that I actually passed are what prepared me for college though, the writing skills alone made most college level essays a breeze.

there aren't a whole lot of placement tests for engineering schools (at least not mine), particularly if you came out of a "college prep" program in high school. we only had to take one chemistry class anyway (with a separate lab). i also only had one english class. well, we had two communication classes, one was actually a graphics design class, the other either literature or composition - i chose literature, all king arthur books! the only other "placement" that mattered would be math, i suppose, and i already had college credit for the first semester of calculus. most people entering an engineering program have probably taken trig/pre-calc, which pretty much assures calculus 1 the first semester, though i don't know if it was a requirement to take a placement test for it at my school.

taks

comrade taks... just because.