NHL

Malkin can win the Art Ross trophy all he wants since points seems to be the only thing he's good at.

How dumb is that? Wtf do you think a point is? It's either a GOAL or an ASSIST. So yeah, scoring goals or setting up others is the only thing he's good at. Gee, who'd would want a player who's the best in the league at that?

Sometimes your stupidity boggles the mind.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"I think Malkin was reading some of Volourn's posts...Hat trick tonight...Pretty sweet."

Heh. good for him.

"How dumb is that? Wtf do you think a point is? It's either a GOAL or an ASSIST. So yeah, scoring goals or setting up others is the only thing he's good at. Gee, who'd would want a player who's the best in the league at that?"

How dumb is the above quote since I never said any such thing? I never said nobody wanted him? Nor did I say he sucked. I said he wasn't as good as Crosby. This is a fact that the hat trick tonight doesn't disprove.

"Sometimes your stupidity boggles the mind"

Troll, a nd flame all you want and argue something I never argued in the first place.

Crosby > Malkin is the only argument I've been making.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ok, so I've PM'ed Volourn on numerous occasions. I think it's fair to say that everyone in this thread is pretty friendly, and in fact I consider you all personal friends. Like if I won the Lottery, I'd take you all to a Stanley Cup playoff game on me. I mean most of us have been talking hockey for well on 5 years now, that's a pretty lengthy relationship.

I've gone to lengths to try and establish a friendship with Volourn, or to at least find out if he considers anyone on the forum a friend. I don't really get it, because he spends a ton of time conversing with us. Volourn, since you don't respond to PM's, what exactly are you looking for on a forum community? I guess I just don't understand why you spend so much time here if you aren't interested in building a relationship with others. I'm not saying you should be friends with everyone, there are some folks here I avoid, but you've been hanging around here for years. What is your goal here?

Shouldn't that be obvious?

I came to Obsidian boards to discuss Obsidian, and their games. I post in the NHL thread to discuss hockey. It's not complicated, complex, or quantum physics.

Why would I want to be ''friends' with fellow internet geeks I'm never gonna meet espciially when they post crap like this: "Sometimes your stupidity boggles the mind"?

On top of this, this post and your post above it is useless because it's discussing us and not hockey. I'm here to discuss HOCKEY. Period.

To be on topic: Crosby is a better player than Malkin. Even tonight's game with malkin having 4 points doesn't prove otherwise espicially since Crosby had two himself including the first goal of the game. No doubt in my mind a Malkin led team would NOt be as good as a Crosby led team with all other things considered equal.

Edited by Volourn

That's pretty cold. Thanks for clearing that up.

For the rest of the hockey folks, I bought a lotto ticket this week, so expect your game one Stanley Cup tickets and airfare in the mail soon :)

I'll bring my Malkin jersey.

/facepalm

I'm holding everyone here responsible.

If you think Volourn is being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, then stop responding to those posts.

Tossing gasoline on the fire doesn't help the situation.

Or you can do whatever you want. But if you aren't going to change how you post, don't expect anybody else to either.

I realize I look like a hypocrite because I've been notoriously bad for not letting things go, but I've made a much more concerted effort to not continue bashing my head up against the wall.

Edited by alanschu

Mike Keenan got ****canned by the Flames. Dissapointing as he's one my favorite coaches of all time; but not too surrpsing since they couldn't get past the first round despite having some good talent. Coach always goes with that kind of combo.

Mike Keenan got ****canned by the Flames. Dissapointing as he's one my favorite coaches of all time; but not too surrpsing since they couldn't get past the first round despite having some good talent. Coach always goes with that kind of combo.

I would have fired the GM, personally.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah not a huge surprise.

I wouldn't get rid of Sutter. I think he's really improved that organization.

I wonder if he'll try to woo Brent back home (though I'd much rather Brent coach Edmonton haha).

He has done wonders with the club, that's true.

But he's also bound Calgary so close to the salary cap that they couldn't even call up a minor league player (or four) for the last three weeks of the season. I don't think that's good business.

And holy ****burgers did Marty Havlat get rocked tonight! It doesn't look good for him playing anymore in this series. No sweep for you, Detroit!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Woah, I did definitely not expect a sweep. Carolina was totally overrun by a better team. I can't believe Carolina beat out Boston!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Woah, I did definitely not expect a sweep. Carolina was totally overrun by a better team. I can't believe Carolina beat out Boston!

I can. Boston isn't as good as Pittsburgh.

Yeah I'm pretty shocked they managed to get Boston to game 7 and got swept by the Pens. Even if the Pens are better I expected them to put up a little bit of a fight.