Let's Play Threads

Blarghagh

Hummm... Ok, if I wanted to do one what game would you guys like me to do? It should, preferably, either be cheap or one I already have and be a game that I had played before - although the last one could be discarded if the game was interesting enough. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

What genre? That would at least narrow it down enough for good suggestions.

I would think a RPG would be best but if people wanted something else, say a FPS or point-and-click, I would be open to that as well.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Usually the funniest LPs are from 'funny' games, games that provide funny situations, screens, lines or such. e.g. Arcanum is not the best IMO because you have to spend so long explaining. FO2 is decent because of all the wacky stuff; strategy LPs are obviously suitable.

Oblivion/FO3 could work too, actually.

Hey guys, so I figured out the technical side of things and was curious if you guys would be interested in a Let's Play of Hidden Agenda? Basically, the plot is that you're the newly-appointed leader of a Latin American country, immediately following a bloody revolution. You have to balance the far left and the far right elements of your new government, keep your people happy, and get aid from the USA, the USSR and Cuba, while trying not to piss any of them off. It's an old, more-or-less text-based game, with a pretty rudimentary user interface. It is abandonware, though, so anyone could play it.

If you would be interested, how in-depth should the audience participation be? Near-total choice on everything, a selection of general trends and important decisions, or a more-or-less hands off "whelp, that's how the Presidente of Chimerica was overthrown in a bloody coup by far-right insurgency"? How much extraneous, Cyclone-originated BS would you prefer? A healthy bit of purple prose, or just the basic facts, gameplay, stuff like that?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Don't worry too much about catering to audience needs, just do it the way you like it. If you make the LP too hard for yourself it'll never finish/update. Chances are if you're enjoying it we will as well.

Obscure game LPs are always welcome, and that one looks really LP-friendly actually. Currently I'm enjoying the Codex LP of an old Borderlands-game with wacky LARP'd cutscenes.

I'm thinking of starting a new game of Fallout 3 and maybe doing a LP thread on it. Since no one else has taken up the gauntlet if power to do their own. lol.

Its such a big game that an LP thread is somewhat intimidating, recognizing ahead of time how long it would take (I would likely never finish it).

Also, I would have to go through the intro tutorial again, which I look forward to as much as shampooing with a cheese grater.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I've been watching a Resident Evil 4 LP (mostly video). It's pretty awesome, but it does make me realise how much Resident Evil 5 is just a rather small upgrade.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The funniest LPs are those with poorly written and conceived plots.
I'm thinking of starting a new game of Fallout 3 and maybe doing a LP thread on it.

History in the making, folks.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The funniest LPs are those with poorly written and conceived plots.
I'm thinking of starting a new game of Fallout 3 and maybe doing a LP thread on it.

History in the making, folks.

I started in on the intro, but I only made it about a third of the way through before I had to stop and do something else due to unpleasant psychic pain.

The birthday party is utterly ghastly; its hard for me to believe anyone would feel good about writing that and putting it in a game. It makes the intro crawl through the Imperial dungeon in Oblivion seem monstrously fun.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

*runs screaming*

post-378-1241571688_thumb.png

Edited by CrashGirl

Just an FYI, CrashGirl, if you do do the LP: You can't post more than ten images per post. Blugh. I know imageflooding is obnoxious, but come on. I can't post sixteen images that measure in at under 1 kilobyte each? But I can post this* in image tags? bluh bluh wha?

*don't click that link, it's 5000+ KB of image.

So, yeah... plan your posts accordingly. You could use links instead of image tags, and maybe recommend people get Text-to-Images. I dunno.

Also, the Hidden Agenda LP is up, in case you were interested, but didn't notice it over in the lonely C&C Spoilers subforum.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Just an FYI, CrashGirl, if you do do the LP: You can't post more than ten images per post. Blugh. I know imageflooding is obnoxious, but come on. I can't post sixteen images that measure in at under 1 kilobyte each? But I can post this* in image tags? bluh bluh wha?

*don't click that link, it's 5000+ KB of image.

So, yeah... plan your posts accordingly. You could use links instead of image tags, and maybe recommend people get Text-to-Images. I dunno.

Also, the Hidden Agenda LP is up, in case you were interested, but didn't notice it over in the lonely C&C Spoilers subforum.

Thanks for the fyi.

I was thinking about your lp. Maybe have a mod move it to general gaming so its more visible? I know it will contain spoilers, but that's sorta hard to avoid in a lp thread and hopefully people wil be smart enough to realize that. Plus you could add a Spolier Inside warning thing.

Thanks for the fyi.

I was thinking about your lp. Maybe have a mod move it to general gaming so its more visible? I know it will contain spoilers, but that's sorta hard to avoid in a lp thread and hopefully people wil be smart enough to realize that. Plus you could add a Spolier Inside warning thing.

I certainly wouldn't mind it being moved, though it would be up to the mods (mods, feel free to move it, please do). I can't really add a spoiler warning since the forum prevents you from editing posts X minutes after they've been made, and my ability to do so on the OP has since expired.

Edited by Cycloneman

Well, as soon as I get my laptop issues solved I think I will also start a thread. I am still not sure what game I will choose, Fallout 3 was one of the main contenders but I'll do another one if CrashGirl is doing that, or how I am going to run it (id est with feedback and commentary or just commentary).

-Hurlshot

Well, as soon as I get my laptop issues solved I think I will also start a thread. I am still not sure what game I will choose, Fallout 3 was one of the main contenders but I'll do another one if CrashGirl is doing that, or how I am going to run it (id est with feedback and commentary or just commentary).

No, please feel free to do it, if you see fit. ;)

I may never get through the intro.

Dang, now I feel like doing a video LP preferrably voiced with other people, something like Maxwell_Adam's Resident Evil 4 Let's Play.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There used to be a Let's Play on Oblivion where somebody went through the game without killing anything, and that was hilarious to read. Seemed to have disappeared though, unfortunately.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

There used to be a Let's Play on Oblivion where somebody went through the game without killing anything, and that was hilarious to read. Seemed to have disappeared though, unfortunately.

Are you talking about Living in Oblivion? :(

EDIT: Well, my laptop is working again but I have finals coming up so I think that any Let's Play I do will not get started until next week at the earliest. Still, I might write up an introduction over the weekend and get that up. :)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

I've started working on a KotOR 1 Let's Play, but I want to have some more content before I start posting. 'cause I have this habit of starting things and not finishing them.

Also, anyone know a good free webhost for screenshots?

And are there things a KotOR player must absolutely do?