Games of the future

Humodour

Diablo 3 - Only because of Boyarski. I used to love Blizzard's graphical style in the old SC and Diablo games, but then WC3 and WoW came out and ruined that reputation.

Starcraft 2 - Does not look as good at all as it's predecessor, but I think that regardless of a lacking visual style, it will be a good, balanced, fun online RTS.

Hearts of Iron 3 - The sequel to the best WW2 RTS game ever. No additional comments needed.

Alpha Protocol - Duh.

Fallout: New Vegas - I thought the Fallout franchise would be lost forever to Bethesda and MMORPG silliness, but apparently not.

Demigod - The next generation in online RTS games?

Zeno Clash came out a few days ago (and was utterly awesome), so it doesn't count as a game I'm looking forward to anymore. Also, I am secretly looking forward to the Sims 3. Dragon Age has me intrigued, but I've really found it hard playing Bioware games after I was massively disappointed with NWN.

Umm, Demigod has been out for a while now...

Games that I am looking forward to about which we already know a substantial amount:

Diablo III

Dragon Age

Starcraft II

Games that have potential to interest me, but about which we know next to nothing other than their existence in development:

Fallout: Vegas

Games that are merely rumored, but have good potential to interest me if they do come out:

Heroes of Might and Magic VI

Warcraft IV

NWN2: NX3

Games that are not even rumored, but that would almost inevitably interest me if they came out:

KOTOR III

Pathfinder CRPG

Civilization IV

Diablo 3 - Only because of Boyarski. I used to love Blizzard's graphical style in the old SC and Diablo games, but then WC3 and WoW came out and ruined that reputation.

Starcraft 2 - Does not look as good at all as it's predecessor, but I think that regardless of a lacking visual style, it will be a good, balanced, fun online RTS.

Hearts of Iron 3 - The sequel to the best WW2 RTS game ever. No additional comments needed.

Alpha Protocol - Duh.

Fallout: New Vegas - I thought the Fallout franchise would be lost forever to Bethesda and MMORPG silliness, but apparently not.

Zeno Clash came out a few days ago (and was utterly awesome), so it doesn't count as a game I'm looking forward to anymore. Also, I am secretly looking forward to the Sims 3. Dragon Age has me intrigued, but I've really found it hard playing Bioware games after I was massively disappointed with NWN.

Not in Sweden :p

FYI, I do not download games.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

There are demos out for Still Life 2 and Secret Files 2. This might turn out to be a good year for adventuring. :)

Still Life 2 sure lives up to its name, it has some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard and the game isn't all that great either...

Alpha Protocol - Duh.

Not in Sweden :p

FYI, I do not download games.

Too bad, Impulse has it for Europe too. Not that I have played it, I thought it was out everywhere. DoTA isn't really my thing...

Edited by Purkake

Thief 4 and Syberia 3. Those might prove to be interesting games!

I hope they do Thief in a modern setting, just like what they were working on before Ion Storm shut down.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

You're also missing

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper

The new Runaway game

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Culpa Innata 2

Yormujak's Ring (can only at this time be downloaded from the adventure shop)

in the adventure game department.

Then there's a little add-on to NWN2 known as

Mysteries of Westgate (made by Ossian Studios)

And then there is

Bioshock 2

Assasins Creed 2

and probably some other games I have forgotten

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

You really wanna know?

Fuel (05/12/09)

Damnation (05/26/09)

Bionic Commando (May 2009)

Red Faction Guerilla (06/09/2009)

Ghostbusters (06/13/2009)

Prototype (June 2009)

Resident Evil 5 (07/13/09)

Dark Void (08/04/09)

Just Cause 2 (September 2009)

Alpha Protocol (October 2009)

Dragon Age Origins (11/03/09)

Max Payne 3 (Winter 2009)

White Gold (2009)

No Time for Dragons (2009)

Age of Decadence (2009)

Borderlands (2009)

Man of Prey (2009)

Mafia 2 (2009)

Arcania: A Gothic Tale (2009 winter)

Precursors (2009)

The Broken Hourglass (2009)

Risen (2009)

Black Mesa (2009)

Tension (2009)

Singularity (2009)

Dead Rising 2 (2009)

Painkiller: Resurrection (2009)

Reluctant Hero (2009)

Wolfenstein (2009)

Afterfall (2010)

Zero Projekt (tba)

Rage (2010)

Mass Effect 2 (2010)

Scars of War (2010)

(PS: You really don't want to start looking forward to a new Thief game, you're only setting yourself up for crushing disappointment when it turns out to be terrible)

This thread is excellent! So many games to look forward to! :(

Who is making Thief 4 these days?

Eidos Montreal has heavily hinted that their soon to be announced second project is a new Thief.

Edited by Hell Kitty

This thread is excellent! So many games to look forward to! :(

Who is making Thief 4 these days?

Eidos Montreal has heavily hinted that their soon to be announced second project is a new Thief.

Yeah, they've also heavily hinted that Deus Ex 3 will be godawful so again, don't hold your breath over it.

Well I was interested in both DX3 and a possible Thief 4, but now that a stranger on the internet has whined about it I've totally lost interest.

You're Dr. Manhattan! Just look into the future and figure it out you git!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dragon Age

Alpha Protocol

Fallout: New Vagas

Diablo III

Starcraft II

and maybe TES V if they don't **** it up like Oblivion. A combination of elements from Daggerfall/Morrowind would the best route imo.

Edited by Syraxis

Well I was interested in both DX3 and a possible Thief 4, but now that a stranger on the internet has whined about it I've totally lost interest.

You sound like my friend when I told him they were butchering DX2.

Still, it's a bit different now since I'm hoping for a better game than DX2 (easy to do), not a game as good as DX1 (hard to do), so I'll still buy I'd say.

DX3 probably won't be as good as IW (most likely a shooter with some RPG leveling) but it might get a better reception since people are now conditioned not to expect the original.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

DX3 probably won't be as good as IW (most likely a shooter with some RPG leveling) but it might get a better reception since people are now conditioned not to expect the original.

I will be very sad if they can't at least beat IW's sheer level of not-so-awesomeness

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Does not compute!

What would you expect them to do better?

I don't really have any hopes for DX3, but there is still a chance that the story/characters/setting will be good.

Edited by Purkake

What would you expect them to do better?

Anything and everything. :shrugz:

That's not an answer at all.

I don't see what was wrong with IW's story, characters and setting.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan