Lo, I have become...

Tigranes

Bought Bad Company and Lost Planet as an impulse buy.

Both very fine games, but not worth 60$ if you don't have Xbox Live.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Gothic 2 is older than I thought - and it's exactly that period that I really can't stand; super old 3D where everything looks like giant blobs of pixel. This is when I have no problem with, say, Sierra adventure games of the early 90's. I don't know. There's something about these where it feel as I'm walking around in a bad theatre set with cardboard buildings, and your character moves weirdly, too. I'm not sure if I can get into it, but I'll try sooner or later.

Assassin's Creed is fun but increasingly feels like a failed remake of Thief. You have the rubbish sci-fi crap that you can't skip; the investigations are minigamish; and my first real assassination was incredibly disappointing because I wanted to strike from the roofs, but I was not given any ranged weapons, and you had to trigger the cutscene by jumping down anyway. Then you watch your target do some cruel things while you can't touch him (OH GOD THE EPIC & CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE), then... you basically stab him in the open and run like hell.

Animations are cool and it's damn fun jumping on roofs and such, but I just wish they didn't butcher the othe stuff so much. Im gonna play on and see if some other assassinations are better.

Man, if you think Gothic 2 is "super old 3D", you would have loved this:

170020.jpeg

I do know what you mean though, as I recently started Undying, and a bad theatre set with cardboard buildings and characters is a pretty good description, and I find it much easier to get into old 2D stuff I've never played. I don't know what I would have thought of Thief if I had played it for the first time today.

Assassin's Creed as a failed remake of Thief is a bizarre description, being that AC and Thief are both stealth games in the way Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy are both RPGs. AC isn't really trying to do anything that Thief did. The stealth of AC is much closer to Hitman than Thief.

Edited by Hell Kitty

That's true. Maybe I'm projecting because I just want a Thief remake. :lol: But even if we use, say, Hitman, it still feels like a poor substitute when it comes down to the actual assassinatin'. I'm not far in though, so we will see.

I can't wait to go back home so I can desperately dig around and try and find my Thief 2 & 3 CDs. Also, Crash Bandicoot 3 for the original Playstation.

I know what you mean about the graphics. Gothic 2 was released in 2003, but the engine it was built on was made in 2000-2001, and it only had minor upgrades since. A lot has happened in those 8-9 years.. Just going from Direct X 8 to Direct X 9 was a huge step forward. Gothic & Gothic 2 were Direct X 8 based.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I saw Last Remnant and Fallout 3 for PC today for a cheaper price toady. I that i will go for The Last Remnant.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Assassin's Creed I remember the last time we discussed it here, consensus being that speed past the filler, and the assassination stuff is quite fun

You can't speed past the filler. They strap you to your seat Clockwork Orange style and make you watch every torturous second of it every time you play.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Assassin's Creed I remember the last time we discussed it here, consensus being that speed past the filler, and the assassination stuff is quite fun

You can't speed past the filler. They strap you to your seat Clockwork Orange style and make you watch every torturous second of it every time you play.

But when you do get past it, it's awfully fun to start fights and throw guards off of tall buildings. I really never got tired of that.

Matthew Rorie