NWN2: Storm of Zehir is out

Gorth

Wasn't there a DnD Tactics for PSP? Though I have no idea how faithful it was to the actual rules.

I'd pay for a good DnD squad-based tactical game, yes. Easily even. Turn-based, not NWN1/2 engine.

I heard it was mediocre, if I remember the reviews correctly.

From what I remember reading you couldn't multi-class. How's that for a 3e title? No multi-classing...

Those handhelds do have alot of potential for turn based rpg's though. I'd like to see something on the DS.

On the pc? Forgetaboutit... No publisher would back one.

Wasn't there a DnD Tactics for PSP? Though I have no idea how faithful it was to the actual rules.

I'd pay for a good DnD squad-based tactical game, yes. Easily even. Turn-based, not NWN1/2 engine.

I heard it was mediocre, if I remember the reviews correctly.

From what I remember reading you couldn't multi-class. How's that for a 3e title? No multi-classing...

Those handhelds do have alot of potential for turn based rpg's though. I'd like to see something on the DS.

On the pc? Forgetaboutit... No publisher would back one.

am so saddened by westgate. if a kinda easy-bake, quick-release sorta scheme could be proven effective using nwn2, then perhaps atari might be willing to support other niche projects. 'stead o' trying to makes a 10-15 hour story-driven game, why Not a d&d tactics game. direct-download and modest development budget?

too bad that westgate is running into so many obstacles. am not sure what the issues are with westgate, but is atari gonna back another nwn quick development project that takes years to get to purchasers?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Gromnir ain't a modder, so we were extra-disappointed that the obsinaties didn't seem to use 'em.

made a joke... maybe not turned-into-a-chicken funny, but at least better than noober funny, eh?

am enthusiastic to see what josh does with tools... but we won't feel justified in crying and moaning so much 'cause you ain't doing commercial. tell you what? charge Gromnir $1 for his copy and we can guarantee a genuine take-no-prisoners review.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hell, the stuff Bioware did on MDK2 is still way funnier than anything they did in CRPGs before or since.

I thought Deekin was funny.

I thought that Pepin Pollo was the first genuinely funny scene I've played through since... well, in a long time. But then, I also thought Grobnar was just annoying, and Aldenon's rambling rather... obvious? Perhaps this belongs in its own thread.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Aldenon(sp?) was hideous. It's a classic example of a rambling old man done badly. It was.. well, it was Mickey Mouse.

Grobnar didn't impress, mainly because he's just a pale, pale shadow of glorious Jan. But then, some people will say I have no taste because I liked Minsc & Jan. More than anything, I think it was just the superior voice-overs. Sa'sani and Nas'sirin would have been excellent if the VO was a a little more polished and consistent. (Volo had to be the "Give Tutorials" man so he's forgiven.)

Khelgar, too. SOZ Khelgar seemed to be a different person, and the character just became significantly worse for it.

am enthusiastic to see what josh does with tools... but we won't feel justified in crying and moaning so much 'cause you ain't doing commercial. tell you what? charge Gromnir $1 for his copy and we can guarantee a genuine take-no-prisoners review.

You can play on his pw.

I found most, not all, of the NPCs in the NWN2 OC and a few in MotB far superior to any CRPG NPC in recent times. In fact I found them all superior to the NPCs in BG series except for aerie (I enjoyed her unique background) and the drow (forget her name but she was a kick arse, bad arse and you got to respect and like that). Sorry but I found all the other NPCs annoying and grated on my nerves. Yes that includes Boo and his pet.. or the other way around I forget.

Now I am not saying the NPCs in BG series were bad by any means, most were well written but their personalities simply either rubbed me the wrong way or I didn't feel a large connection expect for those 2 I mentioned. NWN1 on the other hand was simply badly developed and poorly written. Either case I was drawn in much deeper to the NPCs in the NWN2 OC then any in NWN1 and most in BG.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Khelgar, too. SOZ Khelgar seemed to be a different person, and the character just became significantly worse for it.

Since they had no budget to hire voice actors from my understanding (especially the same ones as in the OC who prob do that for a living and want a payday worth their time) its not surprising. I don't disagree with your assement quality wise but they did the best they had to work with is my point.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Finished SoZ at last ;) I'm quite pleased with the ending this time, even if the editing possibility does seem a little buggy

as telling Volo that one has slain both black dragons, no matter with or without previously bargaining with them, and freeing Jan from the cult results in "with the death of two valuable community members..." :devil: or something

, but without help, Volo gets everything right. And I must say, the music and artwork in general was good too. So: One happy player here.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

• 1 month later...

via GB

http://www.nwnpodcast.com/nwnp/index.php/2...-entertainment/

NWN Podcast Episode 93: Tony Evans from Obsidian Entertainment

The 93rd episode of the Neverwinter Nights Podcast features an interview with Obsidian Entertainment's Tony Evans, in which the Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir lead designer answers questions about his start in the video game industry, some of the risks the team took with SoZ, the possibility of a third expansion pack, and a lot more. Tune in at the 14:00 minute mark to check it out.