The Awesome Dudes Appreciation Thread

Aram

I'm wondering if that's actually awesome or not.

Signs point to no.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

why is clint - go ahead, make my day - eastwood not in here, or even john wayne?

two most awesomest dudes EVAR!

i grew up watching them both with my dad. i think dad cried when john wayne died.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Oh, it

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at risk of life above and beyond the call of duty on September 12, 1944, in an attack on Saulx de Vesoul, France 1st Lt. Tominac charged alone over 50 yards of exposed terrain onto an enemy roadblock to dispatch a 3-man crew of German machine gunners with a single burst from his Thompson machinegun. After smashing the enemy outpost, he led 1 of his squads in the annihilation of a second hostile group defended by mortar, machinegun, automatic pistol, rifle and grenade fire, killing about 30 of the enemy. Reaching the suburbs of the town, he advanced 50 yards ahead of his men to reconnoiter a third enemy position which commanded the road with a 77-mm. SP gun supported by infantry elements. The SP gun opened fire on his supporting tank, setting it afire with a direct hit. A fragment from the same shell painfully wounded 1st Lt. Tominac in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground. As the crew abandoned the M-4 tank, which was rolling down hill toward the enemy, 1st Lt. Tominac picked himself up and jumped onto the hull of the burning vehicle. Despite withering enemy machinegun, mortar, pistol, and sniper fire, which was ricocheting off the hull and turret of the M-4, 1st Lt. Tominac climbed to the turret and gripped the 50-caliber antiaircraft machinegun. Plainly silhouetted against the sky, painfully wounded, and with the tank burning beneath his feet, he directed bursts of machinegun fire on the roadblock, the SP gun, and the supporting German infantrymen, and forced the enemy to withdraw from his prepared position. Jumping off the tank before it exploded, 1st Lt. Tominac refused evacuation despite his painful wound. Calling upon a sergeant to extract the shell fragments from his shoulder with a pocketknife, he continued to direct the assault, led his squad in a hand grenade attack against a fortified position occupied by 32 of the enemy armed with machineguns, machine pistols, and rifles, and compelled them to surrender. His outstanding heroism and exemplary leadership resulted in the destruction of 4 successive enemy defensive positions, surrender of a vital sector of the city Saulx de Vesoul, and the death or capture of at least 60 of the enemy.

I would make that text flash if I could.

Matthew Rorie

Some guys live for the military. And about 60 don't live anymore thanks to him. Great. Thanks for not making it flash.

Has there been a warmovie about this? Because it sounds like one.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

why is clint - go ahead, make my day - eastwood not in here, or even john wayne?

two most awesomest dudes EVAR!

i grew up watching them both with my dad. i think dad cried when john wayne died.

taks

Hell yeah.

JohnWayneTrueGrit.jpg

Stinkin' fascist phony.

Now this is a real western hero.

03-mo-yojimbo.jpg

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

hallcl4.jpg

There's a movie where Lee Marvin pees on Toshiro Mifune.

Interesting fact: a song sung by Lee Marvin was a #1 hit single in the UK and most of Europe in 1970. Let It Be by the Beatles was #2. Lee Marvin can even own the Beatles at their own job in their own country.

Edited by Aram

Now it's a tie between Toshiro, Marvin and Tominac.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This would probably balance it out again except that this song was more popular than the Beatles

True story: One time in an airport while Lee Marvin was traveling looking for locations to film Hell On The Pacific with fellow awesome dude Toshiro Mifune, a five-star general approached a drunk and hungover Lee Marvin in an airport bar. He greeted Lee Marvin and asked him his opinion of the Vietnam war. Lee Marvin said "Well general, I think it's very rude. And I'd like to eat your hat." He proceeded to take the generals hat and attempt to devour it with his impressive jaw. Failing that, he put the saliva-covered hat on his own head, boarded the plane, and fell asleep with it tilted down over his eyes. Mid-flight, the frightened general sent a young private back to coach to steal his hat back while Lee Marvin was asleep.

Also a quick double tap of Awesome Dudes:

Doc_Holliday_1851-1887.jpg

James Henry "Doc" Holliday

hunterno6.jpg

Hunter "Scattergun" Thompson

Edited by Aram

Awesome thread!

Aside from Oliver Reed, Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, John Wayne, Lee Van Ceef, Fonda and so on.. i think you guys have peaked. Maybe some warheroes from the past or some characters from anime (Alucard, Kenpachi) would be a nice addition, but other than that, this thread is complete.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I submit to you, G G Allin whose sole mission was to bring the element of danger back to Rock-n-Roll. Attending his show was somewhat like being in the first couple of rows at Sea World when the big whale does flips and whatnot only with blood and feces.

Edited by Gorth
Image removed for circumventing language filter. Yes, that also applies for tattoos

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.