The Useless Information Thread IV

Rosbjerg

Maybe you remember such timely classics like this?

Well - Why not revel in nostalgic goo for a moment and relive/revive your glorious useless past?

It's time for round 4 of The Useless Information Thread.

Please add any useless information you know and let this be a resevoir of useless knowledge.

For example:

Did you know that the only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees is the praying mantis?

or that 46% of the world's water is in the Pacific Ocean. The Atlantic has 23.9%, the Indian Ocean 20.3% and the Arctic has 3.7% (My roommate studies geography)

Fortune favors the bald.

The name of my first pet was Darth Vader.

Iran's fourth largest export is textiles, the majority of which are carpets.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The name of my first pet was Darth Vader.

Iran's fourth largest export is textiles, the majority of which are carpets.

Only the fourth? What are the second and third exports?

In Portugal there's a recently made official language which isn't spoken more than 500 people as a first language, and which no one is being taught as a first language. It would be like Latin being an official language of Italy, only 500 times worse.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fat women get more sex than thin women.

If you are refering to the recent poll made by some English newspaper it was actually the opposite..

Or are you talking about that personal mission you told me about last year?

Fortune favors the bald.

If you are refering to the recent poll made by some English newspaper it was actually the opposite..

Or are you talking about that personal mission you told me about last year?

Link

??

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

kirottu is simply referring to the practice of most international bodies, of only counting sex with him. Because after you've had kirottu, nothing else comes close.

The language Afrikaans was invented by the South african government in the 1950s. The original form of Afrikaans, spoken for over 100 years was outlawed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nonsense.

Fat = unsexy = no Sex.

You are forgetting the boob factor, which a lot of men fall for. also, I distinctly remember the fat girls in school being the "easy" ones. The thin girls always got to pick and choose, the fat ones not so much. I guess they ended up using sex as a bargaining chimp.

Heja Sverige!!

Oh man, the translator for the Danish newspaper (where I read about this article) must've been an idiot - because it said the exact opposite! :)

Any-who..

I just read this .. "Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey-decimal category."

Now that is useless knowledge!

Fortune favors the bald.

Every category but the 100's, philosophy/ psychology.

You suck at this.

I was watching the Travel Channel and apparently there is a butt seeking parasite in Jamaica that lives in cat poop, so only use a chair if you happen to be sitting in Jamaica.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

also, I distinctly remember the fat girls in school being the "easy" ones.

The correct answer. I don't like a challenge.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On average you will fart at least 15 times a day.

apparently the average person does not live in CO nor have my genetic makeup. per hour, perhaps... ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

A dozen cows = a flink.

I wear size 5 1/2 womens shoes.

Your toenails grow much slower than your fingernails.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

that last one does not surprise me though i had never given it any thought. i just know, now that i'm thinking about it, that i don't have to cut my toenails nearly as often as my fingernails.

i wear an 11 men's shoe, btw.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Makula is the word for a dark spot in latin and also, a bit ironically, the name of my golden retriever.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

That's macula, not makula.

Heja Sverige!!

The novella "The History of Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia" was written by Dr. Samuel Johnson in a week in January 1759, in order to support his seriously-ill mother. The money was instead used to pay for her funeral - she had died while he was writing.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

You are forgetting the boob factor, which a lot of men fall for. also, I distinctly remember the fat girls in school being the "easy" ones. The thin girls always got to pick and choose, the fat ones not so much. I guess they ended up using sex as a bargaining chimp.

Never trust a girl with a chimp. That's how I lost my virginity.

chimp_gun.JPG