MCA / Chris Parker Interview

Actually I like to know that my weapons aren't hidden and after I press a key the gun comes out by miracle.

It's more realistic... and they fully need the realism in this game

Are they also going to show him carrying a giant sack with all of his other equipment?

If he needs a giant sack to carry all the equipment, makes sense to me.

Santa Protocol

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You know what would also be realistic?

If you had to watch your ammo use.

C'MOOOOOOOON

The difference is that I could see having to choose between mobility and firepower among loadouts as a potentially fun and game-balancing mechanic, whereas I find looking for ammo or bringing enough with me to kill 50 guys logistically boring. :o

I stand by my theory, particularly since Thornton is, in fact, new to the game.

Re: carrying two handguns and two rifles, it is, as the screenshot shows, realistic. What would also be realistic is an encumbrance system.

C'MOOOOOOOON

Oh, shut up... :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

C'MOOOOOOOON

The difference is that I could see having to choose between mobility and firepower among loadouts as a potentially fun and game-balancing mechanic, whereas I find looking for ammo or bringing enough with me to kill 50 guys logistically boring. :ermm:

That's already taken care of by the skill system, you should be able to bring along any equipment you're skilled in, without suffering additional penalties.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

That's already taken care of by the skill system, you should be able to bring along any equipment you're skilled in, without suffering additional penalties.

Whaa? No matter how skilled you are an object still has weight. IMO, if you go in loaded to the gills with heavy guns and gadgets it should affect your movement.

It's a game, games should be fun, I should be able to bring along whatever equipment I'm skilled in because I don't know what I'll run into. Edit: Or else why did I invest all those skillpoints? /edit Trying to make games make complete sense is beyond silly unless it's a sim.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

And, IMO, it's fun when there are advantages to traveling light. You could still bring all your gear, you just wouldn't enjoy the same advantages of making do with minimal equipment.

Edit: You do realize this is a circular discussion, right?

Edited by Cl_Flushentityhero

I believe the current plan is to only allow MT to carry two weapons, which you choose before a mission. You're probably going to be pretty specialized in your weapon skills, anyway, so you probably wouldn't use all four weapons even if you brought them all.

Matthew Rorie

I still don't understand that decision. Not too big a deal for me, but why would you ever *force* dual-wield?

I always found dual wielding SMGs a little on the ridiculous side, but I don't mind so long as it's a choice (with strengths and weaknesses over single SMG).

What I do find rather nonsensical is not having single SMGs or dual pistols. It just seems arbitrary. I mean, when did somebody use dual SMGs in a good spy movie, ever?

Yes. I demand fembots!

On a serious note, font looks weird, button display looks weird, forced dual wield is weird and weapon display is going to be weird.

Can you customise your gun? Add silencers, scopes, laser sights, flashlights, underhand grenade launchers? Are there even grenades? Smoke, flash or just frag grenades? Is there generic loot (Striker VII or Lancer III is really boring loot)? Is there a slow-mo ability (that is awesome and you know it)?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There will be weapon customization, and grenades. It doesn't look like there's much in the way of loot at all, given you use found weapons. Maybe they'll have an MGS4-style system where you sell what you pick up even if you can't use it.

And the slo-mo has been touted from the first preview. Have you just looked this game up?

It's like for every flash of brilliance about this game, there's equally something that makes he facepalm.

Which could still mean in the end that the game is totally awesome and perhaps even revolutionary, but it makes it hard for me to get excited or stay interested.

Yes. I demand fembots!

They're all fembots. You just don't find out until the sequel.

... font looks weird...

I don't like having it all capital letters. It's not easy on the eye, and if we're supposed to be reading at speed in order to choose a 'stance' and generate a fluent conversation, it will get annoying, I think. Maybe it's customisable, he added hopefully?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Speaking of customisation, can we add a chainsaw to our machine gun? Or maybe to both dual-wielded SMGs?

As for slow-mo, I meant full-on everythinig-slows-down slow-mo. Not the pause-aim-at-multiple-enemies-and-unpause skill.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"