US Presidential Elections 3

Gorth

Damn, now we get more taxes.

You make over $200,000 a year? Really?

Me personally? Still in high school, don;t pay taxes. My parents, as in the people who give me money, pay for my gas and school, etc? Yup.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Me personally? Still in high school, don;t pay taxes. My parents, as in the people who give me money, pay for my gas and school, etc? Yup.

if you're young and republican you have no heart

if you're old and democrat you have no mind

-my old govnmt teacher

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I also am in high school and i support democratic interests and policies. I live in a highly republican, highly racist area. Its not cool and want to shoot every one of them in the face for the combination of reasons.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

"Its not cool and want to shoot every one of them in the face for the combination of reasons."

So in your opinion, it's democratic policy to shoot those who have different opinions then you even if they aren't vioently attacking you? Cool.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

-my old govnmt teacher

You were taught by Churchill?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

-my old govnmt teacher

I have a heart... somewhere.

You were taught by Churchill?

:shrugz:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Oh sweet, Jennifer Granholm is going to be a big part of helping Obama fix the economy. She has done such a great job in Michigan. We're really doing well.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh sweet, Jennifer Granholm is going to be a big part of helping Obama fix the economy. She has done such a great job in Michigan. We're really doing well.

But is she hawt?

Heja Sverige!!

"Its not cool and want to shoot every one of them in the face for the combination of reasons."

So in your opinion, it's democratic policy to shoot those who have different opinions then you even if they aren't vioently attacking you? Cool.

Well, I guess you could take it that way, but i was actually getting mad at racism.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

So you just want to kill everyone who is racist?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If you think they're evil you are allowed to kill'em. This rule is the secret for the success of moral absolutes.

Heja Sverige!!

"For once to my amazement I agree with Volourn. The only reasons Republicans lost was because everyone hates Bush and the economy tanked. "

Next time *read* my post before you 'agree' with me, because you did anything but. The Repubs didn't lsoe because of any Bush 'hatred'. they lost becfause the country preferred Obama to McCain. Period. It's not complicated.

Well, I agreed with most of your statement. And obviously if they voted for Obama, they preferred Obama, for whatever reason. The rest of my comment I added for myself, not really commenting on what you said, and I take it we disagree on that, so I'm back to not being amazed, everything's right with the world again.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

So you just want to kill everyone who is racist?

Pretty much. Im not a violent person but all this ignorance around me makes me want to kill them all.

Maybe youre right. But its the place to be because im here to bring the light to Orting.

Here's why the GOP is in big trouble regardless of what ideology they try to jump ship to next: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/v...indman1109.html

More here: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/sunday...0,7258593.story

Edit: And here's Arnie calling for the GOP to start listening to the people and not get stuck on ideology: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ar...0,3746979.story

So I wonder, in the GOP's planned purge of moderates, will they get rid of Arnie as well?

Edited by Krezack

I'd like to make a couple of points, Awesomeness. First of all, how many people are established racists and how many do you assume are racists without clear evidence. Second, if you hate racists, then do you mean the kind who lynch people of color or do you mean the kind who are suspcious of people of color and maybe don't treat them exactly the same. The point is, everyone has some sort of prejudice. It's endemic of society. Now, shooting someone in the head because he looks down on people of color would make you rather stupid and considerably more evil than he is. That would be like executing folks for being ignorant. Most folks who are racist are simply suspicious of people who exhibit a visible physical difference to themselves. It's not always translated into an urge for any specific action and most of the general actions are considerably less harmful than shooting someone in the face.

The statements you've made in this thread seem on the reactionary and prejudice side also, but I figure you're just venting. No biggie. I can be a prejudiced person who gets reactionary and vents also. Just don't assume wanting to shoot perceived racists in the face makes you morally superior.

"Pretty much. Im not a violent person but all this ignorance around me makes me want to kill them all."

L0L I'm a pacifist, and I'LL BEAT YOU UP TO PROVE IT! Nice philosophy.

You are no better than thsoe you claim to hate.

The problem with most racists and his they hate what they don't know 'cause it's 'different'. Seems you have their weakness.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"First of all, how many people are established racists and how many do you assume are racists without clear evidence. Second, if you hate racists, then do you mean the kind who lynch people of color or do you mean the kind who are suspcious of people of color and maybe don't treat them exactly the same. The point is, everyone has some sort of prejudice. It's endemic of society. Now, shooting someone in the head because he looks down on people of color would make you rather stupid and considerably more evil than he is. That would be like executing folks for being ignorant. Most folks who are racist are simply suspicious of people who exhibit a visible physical difference to themselves. It's not always translated into an urge for any specific action and most of the general actions are considerably less harmful than shooting someone in the face."

1. At least 30 percent of the population of the area is racist. Maybe more maybe a little less.

2. I mean the kind who wish they could go out and lynch people. If someone is suspicious they may not voice their opinions or will say they are suspicious. Not use discriminatory and degrading words aimed at People of other races.

Sorry, now that i reread my posts i did seem a bit irrational. I'm not going to go out and kill anyone over it, I just wish People were a bit more open

Edited by awsomeness

"Pretty much. Im not a violent person but all this ignorance around me makes me want to kill them all."

The problem with most racists and his they hate what they don't know 'cause it's 'different'. Seems you have their weakness.

Im no better than any other person. We are all different and I think differently than them. I would like to think that my way of thinking is right but I can't prove it to them or you. Again, I'm not going to kill anyone, I'm angry and i say things that are irrational at times.

Racism isn't just 'different', it's plain wrong.

But words are words. Somebody isn't a racist for making Jew jokes or using the word '****', and they certainly aren't murderous for using hyperbole about killing racists. In most cases I'd say neither use of language is particularly appropriate, but it's just that: language.

Stop seeing the world in black and white (heh heh), Volourn.

I was taught by a Libertarian who would answer all the questions on stuff as if he was a republican through and through.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Here's why the GOP is in big trouble regardless of what ideology they try to jump ship to next: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/v...indman1109.html
All that means is that younger voters respond better to charisma, idealism and vague world changing promises than older and wiser voters. There hasn't been any great idealogical shift yet, perhaps there will be one if Obama does extremely well or if this turns into a great depression. Reagan almost lost to Carter lolz, then he won 49 states, then Bush was losing to Dukakis in the polls but managed to destroy him in the campaign and win, then losing to Clinton. You can't read too much into any one election, they all depend on conditions on the ground.

As far as purging moderates, that's typical Republican grumbling after every loss, I don't think it means much.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

All that means is that younger voters respond better to charisma, idealism and vague world changing promises than older and wiser voters.

same reason bill clinton won against HW. nothing new.

There hasn't been any great idealogical shift yet, perhaps there will be one if Obama does extremely well or if this turns into a great depression.

no ideological shift at all. mccain did manage 46% of the vote, in spite of media slant that was clearly against him.

As far as purging moderates, that's typical Republican grumbling after every loss, I don't think it means much.

a buddy of mine and i have had this discussion a million times. he comes from galveston down in dixiecrat territory (his dad is a dixiecrat judge). republicans don't need to drop moderates, they need to drop the social harping, i.e., religious based arguments. stick to small government rather than spend like they did with a republican controlled house/senate/presidency and they'll do better. the younger republicans seem to know this. i think the ones that needed to get purged, got purged, quite frankly.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

a buddy of mine and i have had this discussion a million times. he comes from galveston down in dixiecrat territory (his dad is a dixiecrat judge). republicans don't need to drop moderates, they need to drop the social harping, i.e., religious based arguments. stick to small government rather than spend like they did with a republican controlled house/senate/presidency and they'll do better. the younger republicans seem to know this. i think the ones that needed to get purged, got purged, quite frankly.

taks

Of all other forums and blogs that are out there, this is the most sane one from a republican point of view. I sense a Ron Paul-lite message on the incoming election.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy