The FPS Thread

Humodour

Cheers guys! Keep it coming. :(

Also, mention any old FPS's as well if you could.

Like Heretic 2, NOLF1, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Descent 3. Why? Because I need some games that run on Ubuntu through WINE, and old games are more likely to run.

I am not much of a shooter guy, but even I enjoyed some multiplayer UT 2004. I would recommend you try it, or perhaps the new version of the game which has recently been released.

Unreal Tournament 2004

In fact, that is the only FPS I have played anytime during the past 3-4 or maybe even 5 years.

I second this choice UT2K4 This game rocks. Unfortunatly when i go online i dont find as big of a community as before UT3. I tried UT3 and that blew. Ut3 was meant for consoles, and the weapons of choice were lacking. I dont recommend it

No One Lives Forever 1 was great too! I love the story monoloth gives this series! I hope they make another one!

Far Cry

Fear was pretty cool.

I actually liked Doom3, i added a couple mods like the flashlight mod. It was entertaining to me.

Unreal Tournament 2004

In fact, that is the only FPS I have played anytime during the past 3-4 or maybe even 5 years.

I second this choice UT2K4 This game rocks. Unfortunatly when i go online i dont find as big of a community as before UT3. I tried UT3 and that blew. Ut3 was meant for consoles, and the weapons of choice were lacking. I dont recommend it

Yeah, UT2K4 was good - especially on a LAN where you don't have to rely on online players...

Well, if you want really old, try Doom 1 & 2 and Wolfenstein!

Nothing beats Quake 2 for old school FPS action. Whether it be the single player campaign or just blowing up your best friends :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nothing beats Quake 2 for old school FPS action. Whether it be the single player campaign or just blowing up your best friends :)

I have never played Quake 2 to be honest. The first FPS I have ever played was Wolfenstein, then DOOM and then DOOM 2 and then there was a long lull before I played any more FPS games.

I always thought Quake 2 was the bastard stepchild of the series. I haven't played Quake 4, though.

Quake 1 is still my favourite FPS for multiplayer, at least as far as memories go.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whats do you guys think the best Online FPS is which in turn also has a good online community. I personally LOVE Unreal Tourny 2004 but the online community is scarce and i cant even find a generic Team dethmatch anymore since UT3 came on the scene and did it in. :shrugz:

I really like fast paced twitch games like UT2004.

any recommendations at all?

Edited by Theseus

Wait, Jedi Academy is an FPS? I must be retarded, because I though FPS stood for First Person Shooter. I played JA entirely with third person view. With a lightsaber. :ermm:

You could play in first or third person. :shrugz:

generally when you whipped out your saber it would jump to a third person camera.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wait, Jedi Academy is an FPS? I must be retarded, because I though FPS stood for First Person Shooter. I played JA entirely with third person view. With a lightsaber. :sorcerer:

You could play in first or third person. :biggrin:

generally when you whipped out your saber it would jump to a third person camera.

I remember guns being pretty worthless in that game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"