Fallout 3 Spoilers

I coated his heart with the salve to increase the speed at which the woods will regrow around the Oasis. He was initially upset that I had ignored his request to kill him, but he took solace that his life brought happiness to the local druids and that 'Bob' would make the wasteland a better place over time. That and he enjoyed the company of the young girl who talks with him.

Didn't get the barkskin perk for this method but I liked the outcome. :)

OMG, the Animal Friend perks are the best perks ever! First I was able to stroll through the Yao Guai tunnels, nod to all the friendly inhabitants, help myself to whatever I wanted, then simply pick up my newest Bobblehead and stroll back out without firing a shot! After I got the second level of Animal Friend, I came out of a wasteland store and was ambushed by three Talon mercs. Suddenly a pissed-off Yao Guai appeared out of nowhere and chewed the head off one of the mercs while I took care of the others. When the fighting stopped, the beast gave me a smug look, then ambled away.

And in the robot facility, molerats went after radroaches that were rude enough to attack me.

I'm just loving this! ;)

I can't remember all of my perks, but I tagged Sneak, Melee, and Lockpick. Took Cannibal, Commando, Action Boy, Sniper, Silent Running, Mr. Sandman, Mysterious Stranger, and Grim Reaper's Sprint as my most important perks.

I killed and ate everyone in Tenpenny Tower. Also, half of the residents of Rivet City and everyone in Big Town. I cleared the slavers out of the Lincoln Memorial, invited the freed slaves in, and then shot them all with the Lincoln Repeater as they approached. Then ate them. Anyone who sassed me was stalked, Sandman-ed, and eaten. Needless to say, I was very disappointed that my 180+ corpse eatings did not merit an Xbox 360 achievement.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to enslave Bumble. However, I was able to enslave Flak, which caused Shrapnel to wander the wastes. During the final march to the Jefferson Memorial, Shrapnel was wandering in Liberty Prime's path. He is set to essential, so after being blown up repeatedly, he joined the march of Lyons' Pride on the Enclave troopers. w00t

• 3 weeks later...

You powergamer JE :)

Whoever wrote the main story deserves fifty thousand kicks in the nads, but I assume we're all done with cursing it, so I'll just say one thing.

when you persuade Eden to self-destruct... the science option?

"How do you knwo you're right?"

"Why, I am programmed to be infallible!"

"And how do you know that's right?"

"Why, because I am infallible!"

I mean.... come on.

To balance it out, though, I really liked Fort Constantine (pity you couldn't target the missiles, to my knowledge), Tenpenny quest was great (again, except they didn't flesh out Alistair), and some of the touches on those 'half-novelty' areas like Vault-Tec HQ and Nuka Cola factory were really enjoyable. Actually, I think I had the most fun in those kind of places looking at and doing wacky things.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the things I like about the game is the accuracy of the propaganda that the 1950's brought us. No one does propaganda like the USA in the 1950's. The old billboards you find and old radio stations nailed it pretty good. The Mr. Gutsy robot would have been the perfect 1950's robot if we had anything like it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 3 weeks later...

I find this whole game completely horrible in every aspect of its design and execution. From NPCs, horrible utterly nonsensical quests and dialogue to combat and SPECIAL mechanics and how they work in the game.

Karma is especially bad, completely broken or just retarded.

Megaton quest and its reasons and "consequences" are just so utterly retarded they are not even sad or laughable.

The Karma does need some work. You get negative karma on some actions that I would consider questionable. I don't consider the action being evil, just neutral of slightly good. Some of the quests are like this.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

• 1 month later...

For those who have problems finding the mad bomber in Seward Square.

post-1458-1237097343_thumb.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Complaining about badly done consequence/karma etc in a Bethesda game is like complaing about getting wet in water. Bethesda can't do karma and/or consequence or anything related. They simply don't understand the concept. It should be obvious by now.

Unlike Oblivion there are enough positives to FO3 to overlook the glaring negatives.

But, I have a question for people who have played the main story:

I found my father completely just by accident, through random exploring. I was intentionally avoiding the main quest, since i heard it is really short and I wanted to wait until I had exhausted most of the explorating before actually finishing the game. I was up to the point where I was supposed to go to Galaxy News Radio, but hadn't even headed into that area yet. Now, suddenly, apparently, I have completely solved at least a large portion of the main story without even trying. I'm getting dialogues options withj my fatehr that seem to indicate I have done a lot of stuff that I haven't actually done. I would assume, because I have magically skipped over all those things.

I'm actually kinda annoyed.

My question is: should I reload a save from before I enter Vault 112 and continue playing as if I have not yet found my father? Or is what I have missed pretty minor and I should just contiune on?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'd restore, but that's just me... also because I know the plot fairly well. I always go directly to the radio, because it gives several good jumping points inside the city (which are difficult to get to otherwise), and because I like to hear about myself on the radio afterwards! :huh: Then I stay away from

vault 112 and the scientist lady in rivet city (I go to rivet city, I just don't talk to her until I'm ready to advance the main story).

That's just more fun for me because I enjoy exploring at my liesure, hearing 3-dog sing my praises after I've done some heroic stuff!

I actually don't know if what you've done would break the main plot or not, but since you're not familiar with the plot yet, you might find yourself at the endgame before you realize it. Which is a bummer.

Edited by ~Di

When you go to the GNR you are given a pretty standard quest to help Three Dog, who then tells you to go find Doctor Li in Rivet City. Then you again do some stuff and soon after find your dad. You missed a large chunk of the main story, but that's only because the story is so short. The FO3 main story is 100% filled with crap, so I'd actually say this is a good thing.

It won't break the main plot, by the way, I've heard of a few other people doing the same.

By the way, the endgame is faaairly obvious. It's after a very big explosion.

It basicallly depends on whether you still want to experience the main story at least once. If so, reload, but don't get any hopes up. It's easily one of the weakest parts of the game. I also turn 3 Dog off because his constant prattling annoys me, but if you enjoy that, you might listen to Di more than me. :)

Thanks to both of you for the quick response.

I think I am going to reload and just continue playing as if I don't know where he is and then follow through on the main quest parts as the game points me to them (when I get around to them).

I am quite sure, that as Tigranes said, the main story is pretty poo, but at least once through I think I would like to see it unfold in all its poopy glory. :)

I have to say, I do enjoy listening to Three Dog. Although I can only hear him in places near to the downtown area, when I move off into locations away from the downtown he gets all staticy and then disappears. 3 Dog is actually one of my favorite things about the game. I like the music choices, too.

You know, there are so many bits and pieces of this game that have potential to be expanded into something buig and interesting, but Bethesda is always in such a hurry to throw things aside and move on to the next bit. Everything feels so undeveloped, like there are lots of good stories in this world that are going untold.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

...I have to say, I do enjoy listening to Three Dog. Although I can only hear him in places near to the downtown area, when I move off into locations away from the downtown he gets all staticy and then disappears. 3 Dog is actually one of my favorite things about the game. I like the music choices, too...

I enjoyed him too! I urge you to head to the radio station ASAP, because the more quests you resolve, the more he has to say about those quests... and how you handled them! It's fun for those like me who have a low giggle threshold! Also, as soon as you do 3-dog's quests, you can hear his station all over the wasteland! Plus he gives you hints for quests you can do during his "news" breaks.

Edited by ~Di

Coolios. I just have a low tolerance rate for people who talk like him. :) It *was* a nice gameplay addition, I'll say that.