What you did today

Gorth

"Oh, that is why you look a bit flushed..." :lol:

Nothing special. Has been travelling insterstate a lot the last couple of weeks. All work related.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Met my cousin who apparently knows a guy who animated the ants in Fallout 3, and he also "lived with" the guy at atari that made the deal with EA to publish there.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Met my cousin who apparently knows a guy who animated the ants in Fallout 3, and he also "lived with" the guy at atari that made the deal with EA to publish there.

The ants were well animated, but they were bloody annoying. Used up heaps of ammo.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm doing "tower inspections" at work for the rest of the week. As I have become fond of saying... "What are you going to do? Fire me?" ;) Anyway, it's cold and raining and we may get sleet & snow so I'm going to stay inside and work in my NWN2 module all day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And by "lived with" - you are saying that he often had things charged up his loading ramp? ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Had a memorably strange dream last night. I was in high school, and had to put on some sort of act or performance for a talent show or something like that. I came up with an idea that I thought was pure genius-- my performance would be a simultaneous tribute to Jim Henson and

. I would do a standup routine guaranteed to bomb: composed entirely of old hackneyed jokes (I'm thinking Henny Youngman-type stuff) all while speaking in

The dream never got to the actual performance. Upon waking, I can't decide whether such a performance would be incredibly brilliant or incredibly stupid.

I have always been strangely fascinated with performances that are humorously contemptuous of the audience. When I was in college, my roommate and I always talked about doing stuff like showing up at one of them pretentious poetry readings and monopolizing the mic for 40 minutes while we recited the entirety of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. But we didn't have the balls to actually pull it off. (Plus, I never memorized more than the first third of the poem.)

Hungry but not hungry. Bad news about my mom. Cancer has now spread to the lower lobes of her lungs. This is the first time a 'mission critical' organ has had the cancer, and morale is low all round.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm doing "tower inspections" at work for the rest of the week. As I have become fond of saying... "What are you going to do? Fire me?" :thumbsup: Anyway, it's cold and raining and we may get sleet & snow so I'm going to stay inside and work in my NWN2 module all day.

what kind of field experience do you have, GD?

^walsh: sorry 'bout your mom. not sure what i would do if my mother had cancer. my dad's illness (not cancer) put a terrible strain on my family and me. over under has mom living longer than me, however. she's going to be 67 on xmas day and recently told me that she never intends to retire.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yeah, I know, taks. I'm not sure whether it's put a strain in the family, or if it's simply cut a lot of the restraints we usually have on sticking together as a family. I take a lot less ****from my siblings since I became the primary caregiver. I feel like I've acquired two kids (my mom and my stepfather). Well, I say two kids. At least they don't wake me up at night wailing.

-Elwood Blues

it does. it's hidden. taking care of them is added strain, too. just make sure to reach out to someone on occasion. perhaps with a drink or ten. :thumbsup:

good luck either way.

taks

I've been cleaning and moving furniture around in my room in an attempt to create at least the feeling of a little more space in my room. It's only 8 feet by 10 feet so it's not a large room by any means, but it feels even smaller since I moved my computer in and have started actually using my desk. This is made somewhat worse by the fact that the desk is right in the middle of the long wall so if my chair isn't right in against the desk, it can take up what little remaining empty floor space there is.

I also seem to have disturbed a spider that had covered a decent sized area of the floor under my bed with it's web. It's currently trying to hide underneath the carpet.

i'm trying to solve an antenna positioning problem. simple on the surface, but an evil lurks underneath. conversions between coordinate systems, poorly documented reporting mechanisms (for current pointing), and a lack of experience solving these sorts of problems (control theory) have my head swimming. :lol:

taks

I've been cleaning and moving furniture around in my room in an attempt to create at least the feeling of a little more space in my room. It's only 8 feet by 10 feet so it's not a large room by any means, but it feels even smaller since I moved my computer in and have started actually using my desk. This is made somewhat worse by the fact that the desk is right in the middle of the long wall so if my chair isn't right in against the desk, it can take up what little remaining empty floor space there is.

I also seem to have disturbed a spider that had covered a decent sized area of the floor under my bed with it's web. It's currently trying to hide underneath the carpet.

I used to live in a room that small. I got rid of the bed and slept in between two double size duvets. Rolled them up during the day.

-Elwood Blues

I'm sorry to hear that Wals. Very sad. :'(

I too had a crazy dream last night enoch. It was extra crazy in fact. I was in my house with my brother and he offered me to smoke "cigarettes" but he kept emphasizing them like it was marijuana or something and he went on this little speech about it filled a void in him that he couldn't find anywhere else except for a certain kind of sexual encounter with a woman.... It was obviously my subconscious trying to tell me something I already know, that I'm completely miserable and I'm missing some very important things in my life. Kind of cool how your brain can do stuff like that though.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I used to live in a room that small. I got rid of the bed and slept in between two double size duvets. Rolled them up during the day.

Unfortunately I've only got the one duvet, but considering how often I've slept on the couch anyway, sleeping on the floor wouldn't be that much worse. Still, the new layout is a little better. The desk is now in the far corner so the chair doesn't block access it my bed anymore. Still need to clean up all the junk that is sitting in the doorway and move my bookshelf into it's new location. I also somehow removed a section of paint from the wall when I moved my desk. It ripped a piece of paint about half the size of my palm off the wall that was stuck to my desk for some reason.

I've also decided to take the opportunity to dust my computer and move the led fan from the front of the case to the back so the light isn't quite so bright in the dark. I've still got that Accelero S2 that I've yet to install on my graphics card that I'm thinking about putting in now.

Dream analysis is great fun. Although I now get quite boring briefings. Three men sit around a desk and show me powerpoint explanations of what is going wrong and how to fix it. I mean, it's very efficient, but I somehow miss all the dinosaurs and cave ladies.

-Elwood Blues

Okay, for some reason I didn't realize I picked up an Accelero S2 rather than the S1 Revision 2 that I need for my card, so I'll be sticking with the stock cooling for the time being. I removed the bright led fan and now my room is almost as dark as it was before I brought the computer in which is much nicer.

As for moving the furniture around, I haven't yet moved the bookcase, but it almost seems like I have less room now than I had before, but it's still easier to get around so I think I'll stick with the new layout.

And by "lived with" - you are saying that he often had things charged up his loading ramp? :thumbsup:

If he did I could at least bum a job from him :), nah I think just a roomie from college.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

School's cancelled because of snow. Now I have nothing to do all day. But I guess it's better than school.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

it's actually supposed to warm up here, already 25 F. of course, it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. yay!

crested butte keeps getting pounded, and it's supposed to continue past xmas! woohoo! 30 inches since friday!

sigh... i want to ski!

taks

HAHA! i no longer have homework. well, not to do myself. i'll have some to grade early next semester. yay. oh, speaking of grading homework, i need to get my lab re-written to fix a few errors and clear up some ambiguous areas. someone remind me later, k? walsh, you seem to be pretty on the ball... i'll let you be in charge. :)

taks

Huh? What? How much later?

-Elwood Blues

Huh? What? How much later?

this week. i have to turn in my paperwork to the school's office, too. i've got an acceptance letter and some sexual harassment training forms that need to be turned in and i think they want me to fill out another w2 since i've been "out of work" for more than 90 days.

taks