What you did today

Gorth

Ouch. Make that a 40 foot pole.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i'm kind of amused

chatting to a female friend (call her L) online, and i'm getting the feeling she thinks i should ask out a girl i invited out for drinks the other night (we'll say J)

now i met J at a party a couple of months ago and i noticed her sitting in a corner on her own looking really awkward, so i went over and started chatting to her and keeping her company, because she didn't really know anyone there and was feeling kinda uncomfortable

she's been a bit down lately coz all her university friends have gone away for the summer, and she's stranded in a city where she doesn't really know anyone, so that's why i invited her out

so basically the conversation between L and i went something like this:

L - so i noticed you talking to J for ages the other night. she's really pretty

me - uh... yeah she is

L - you guys look like you get on really well

me - well i don't know her all that well yet, but she seems pretty cool

L - she's prettier than Gen *my ex* i reckon. what do you think?

me - um... well yes she's very pretty, and so is Gen

L - but do you think she's prettier?

me - i dunno. it's hard to compare them really

L - you should definitely invite her out again this week

me - i already have actually. we might even be having drinks at my place before we come out

L - that's good. i expect to hear all about it and what you get up to

L really makes me laugh sometimes. she's always so insistent on trying to set me up with girls she thinks i'll like :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Triws to decide whether upgrading was worth it. Oh, and I watched old Zero Punctuations. They're hilarious. In other news, PoP is epic. It consumes my life.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I'm doing a training course out of town these days. Raided the hotel minibar and in a few moments time, a bottle and I are going to hang out in the Jacuzzi for a few hours (or until I melt, whichever comes first) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I lost the ability to talk at some point over the weekend. I was very, very drunk for most of it so aren't sure exactly when it happened though. It's now been established I have laryngitis or something of the sort thanks to the Doctor; meaning I get to spend the week dosed up on a concoction of antibiotics and probably can't drink at the weekend :).

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

i spent all day yesterday on the slopes at copper mountain. the skis i demo'd were outstanding (nordica afterburner), though the skier was not faring as well. in fact, i started out with my boots a bit looser than they should be for the runs i was on (steep blues and blacks with a few bumps here and there), which resulted in more pain than i should have been experiencing. i was sloppy and out of shape, which made things worse, too. today i want to curl up with a bottle of morphine and just sleep. ah, but it was nice to be back after 20 months (i didn't ski last year due to school).

taks

i should add: john did ski school and we had to pry him off the training slope at the end of the day.

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm never going to ski ever again.

Skiing is either super easy or I'm just a prodigy becuase when I was 13 or so the first day I was on the newbie slope doing moderately well and then some crazy veteran ski instructor was just chillen around and he gave me a few tips. The next day we all took the bus over to the pro slope and I did perfectly fine, as well as going through bike trails through the trees and going off small jumps at the medium difficulty slope.

Then like 2 - 3 years ago I went to new mexico and we decided to go to skiing but they have icy slopes up there and I had no idea what to do so I ate serious s like 6 times before I just quit and then on the drive home I threw up out the window. Horrible time. Skiing blows.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

sorting out with my brother's wife the details of our road trip to go see Nine Inch Nails in february

getting tickets tomorrow, and hopefully booking hotel in the next couple of days

i can't wait :D

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I keep throwing up. I feel fine, then I throw up. I think this is related to eating salad at the weekend.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did something this weekend I have not done since my wife and I split up. I put up a Christmas tree. I found some small cedar trees growing on the north section of my land and cut one and dressed it up. It was kind of an impulse thing. I went to Lowe's and bought lights and ornaments and everything. I don't know why but this year it just feels like Christmas.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

drink all day today

or is it all tonight? It is night out. err

Interesting choice of words cancer has a way of eating u from the insid out.

Holy S***. I hope you are alright.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

i'm sick, too, walsh. ugh. came home yesterday after only 1.5 hours in the orifice. not ready this morning and my son had school canceled so he stayed with me. he's throwing up now as well (i'm not gurfing, but my stomach doesn't feel right).

hang in there DR.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

drink all day today

or is it all tonight? It is night out. err

Interesting choice of words cancer has a way of eating u from the insid out.

Crap, that sucks.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Two disturbing things happened at work today.

First I was trying to relay a note to the dean's assistant but she wasn't in so I gave it to my boss as she was leaving her office and she said Just stick it anywhere! She paused, then laughed, then said it again in amusement to herself and I awkwardly laughed and wanted to say "Say that to most guys and you're asking for trouble." except I didn't want to throw up in my mouth or get fired for sexual harassment even though it would have been mildly hilarious. But I mean if were serious here I'd do it but I wouldn't like it. Not my pay grade, I'd need at least another $2.50 an hour for that kind of stuff.

Then later that day I was discussing my schedule with my other boss when the business adviser/teacher came in and she just immediately put both her hands on my shoulders and leaned on me. And it immediately made me think back to this time I went to a baseball game with my friend. I don't particularly enjoy watching sports to begin with but about quarter way through the game a complete stranger behind me started like grabbing/massaging my shoulders much like my teacher did and it just brought back some really painful memories. At the ball game I was simply terrified becuase the lady was like in her late 40's early 50's and my friend and his parents were laughing like hyenas and I was so scared. :'(

god i hate my life

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Nothing, slept most of the day because I couldn't sleep last night because i forgot to take my drugs until 4/5 am (when the drug isn't in my system I instantly am manic) Then watched the Daily show, House and Xplay (and was frustrated at Xplay's game of the year, Fable II). Then watched Bleach 198 and looked at the boards.

In recent news, at work I got a call from a guy who had a TERRIBLE Mexican Accent about halo 3, he asked if we had any in stock, and then he asked "How many Peso's would halo 3 be?" I was a little shocked to say the least, and finially just said "we don't take pesos, It's still 59.99 USD." by this point everyone in the store was staring at me as if I'd gone insane. Finially the guy on the phone hung up and I was inundated with questions about "what the HELL was that?" Reminds me of a call I took about Age of Conan where a kid and his mother both tried to convince me that I should replace their game because it wasn't working, or let them pick out another game of the same value. While we could do the first, it has to be within 30 days of the purchase and the kid was about 15 days beyond that. And the second option they tried to give me is completely against company policy and the return policy that's on the bottom of every receipt that gamestop hands out. So the kid finally said "well I'm never going back to gamestop and I'm going to get all my friends not to either" Big whoop, Gamestop makes money hand over fist on the used games it's not like 3 customers is going to hurt us.

Why do people call gamestop and ask questions like "I can't get my ps3 to turn on! can you help me?" which usually leads to us doing a ghetto tech support over the phone before finally throwing up our hands and giving out the 1-800 number. People seem to think that because we sell games we can do tech support. While we can do some limited things we generally don't know that much about how to repair a system. We've also fielded calls from kids who want to be sponsored to play games by microsoft or gamestop, Kids who want to know the secret to lvl 82 of whatever, Parent's who think there is an anti violence option in every game (one in particular last week was eragon) and generally questions that have nothing to do with us buying selling and trading games. We actually had a customer who an old store manager went out, Hooked up her ps3 for her, and the next week she came back with it complaining that the thing had eaten her sons game. So the keyholder on duty plugged it in, and hit the eject button, nothing happens, he checks the online dashboard, and it says there's no game in there, finally he has the woman check the games case and it turns out the game was already ejected and her kids were just idiots. Now this would be fine if it were a normal customer. But this lady was so pissed at us she threatened to throw the damn system through our front door. What also bugs me is when you offer to get sombody the game informer card (years subscription to game informer magazine and you get 10% off all used games and 10% extra on all trade ins) when they have close to 400 dollars on their purchase and it would save them a bundle, and the kid thats with them says to mommy or daddy, "we don't want that" just out of hand. Sure it's 14 bucks but your already saving 10 on the purchase your bloody fool and you aren't even paying for the blasted stuff your getting. Freaking entitled children of rich people. I have known parents to buy their kids whatever the kid wants, the comes back and complains to us that it's too hard or too mature for her 10 year old, and she wants her money back when she bought a new game. Ok on Used items you get a seven days satisfaction guarantee, you buy it try it, don't like it, in seven days you can get your money back no questions asked, but when you INSISTED on buying a new for your kid, you pretty much gave up the right to return the thing without either giving up a large portion of the games price (for a brand new game we give 30 bucks) or it being busted. Don't complain to me that you spend sooo much money here over the years and you deserve to be allowed to return an item you used as new, you were told the freaking return policy when we sold you the game.

That is a pretty poor excuse for wanting somthing, saying that you spend X amount of dollars at the store so the store should owe you somthing. Sure you spend 500 over a year at our particular gamestop, but people sometimes pull that off in one day (I think our largest transaction on black friday was 1100 dollars). The store, and any retailer really doesn't owe its customers a dime. We do owe it to you to serve you in a good mood and without bias, but we don't owe you anything beyond that, much less owe you enough to break company policy because you were stupid and bought your kid Gears of War 2 when the kid is six years old and he freaked out because of the level of gore shown.

/angry tirade against customers

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That reminds me of this stupid lady my aunt works with. Every time she goes to the store she buys her kid a new action figure because shes making him come to the store with her. the kids eleven and he now has $1100 in action figures. Her and his dad get him everything he wants. He has a two Xbox 360's a Wii and a PS3. She always wears $200 articles of clothing and complains that shes poor. The stupidity of people these days.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hearing these stories makes me glad that my customers are only engineers.

I took a blood sample today.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

@Calax. Your entire post just reinforces in my mind why I could never work retail. I'd probably end my first day fired and in the back of a police car.

Thomas Sowell