LittleBig Planet Delayed after Quran passage found in sound track.

Stewdawg24

Too bad, it was a nice soundtrack.

But is the game any good?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

People are aware that in this particular case there haven't been any threats of violence or any other craziness, right?

Anyway, I mostly agree with that M. Zuhdi Jasser guy, but ultimately this is a product and Sony have made a business decision. I guess it's better to have Angry Internet Men against you than angry Muslims.

As I say, I might well have a different and more strongly defined opinion if I actually knew a thing or two about Muslim scripture and tenets. So far be it for me to disprove those that do.

I still think there was a knee-jerk reaction from this thread's participants, and the Western gaming world in general. All things considered, maybe the Muslim complaints would turn out to be bollocks... but I doubt all things were considered with acute knowledge of Muslim convention in mind by most of the responses. I think because the demand made, the convention cited, was so foreign to us, and there was a tinge of 'freedom of expression' stuff thrown in, there was a natural outburst against it.

Also, HK underestimates the destructive potential of AIM. Watch everyone pirate LBP! :thumbsup:

Specifically, I'm offended by their disrespect of people's right* to think freely.

But you're mind-policing them getting pissed off! You nutloop. :thumbsup:

Okay, I confess I'm not certain if that comment was made in a completely tongue-in-cheek manner, but I'll bite.

I should make it clear that I'm not trying to take away their righteous wrath. They are completely free to throw all the fits they see fit (ahem). That was never the point and if it were, I doubt SCEE would have enacted this abominable self-censorship - hence my comment about the irrelevance of my being offended. The problem comes when they act upon those pet peeves of theirs, or threaten to do so. Then it's no longer a question of mind-policing, but a question of them enforcing (or at least attempting to) said mind-policing by means of terror and death.

As I said, not even the idea of universal free thought should be exempt from scrutiny, accepted as it may be. Problem is, a bunch of clowns take the opposite for granted and have no problem with marking for death those who would dare to defile the God-given certainty of their beliefs.

I see. In which case we've been agreeing for three pages. Sorry.

I was aiming my objection at the reaction of somke people which is furious intolerance of the mere taking of offence by Muslims. As if a Western sense of humour should be compulsory issue to all humans.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I still think there was a knee-jerk reaction from this thread's participants, and the Western gaming world in general. All things considered, maybe the Muslim complaints would turn out to be bollocks... but I doubt all things were considered with acute knowledge of Muslim convention in mind by most of the responses. I think because the demand made, the convention cited, was so foreign to us, and there was a tinge of 'freedom of expression' stuff thrown in, there was a natural outburst against it.

That's where you are wrong, you don't need a Phd, in Islamic scripture to have an opinion. The Koran belongs to all of us, all of mankind, not just Muslims. We are free to reference and interpret it any way we like. If the fundies think it is theirs alone to guard fiercely they can go suck eggs.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

*chuckles* It certainly marks out a fundie that they insist on only their interpretation.

Speaking of which, though, wasn't someone telling me recently that a hallmark of Islamic history has been a phobia of 'fitnah', or religious schism, caused by differing interpretations? Isn't differing interpretations what set the Taliban and Iran at each other?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Speaking of which, though, wasn't someone telling me recently that a hallmark of Islamic history has been a phobia of 'fitnah', or religious schism, caused by differing interpretations? Isn't differing interpretations what set the Taliban and Iran at each other?
That isn't exclusive to Islam - and it's probably one of the reasons why the various religious hierarchies have tried to control who and how disseminated their doctrine, with varying degrees of success, until the printing press was invented.

Which makes this whole business even more retarded, since the root of the problem lies with an ancient precept which has no meaning anymore.

*chuckles* It certainly marks out a fundie that they insist on only their interpretation.

There is a very active schism here. The interpretations of Shari'ah (Islamic law) are more of the central issue here. But yeah, Islam is currently going through a full blown reformation, much like Christianity did in the late Middle Ages.