The Ever loving anime thread

Calax

Ok, so I felt the urge to revive this because I recently got back into Giant Mecha stuff. Within the past week I saw Macross Frontier (good music but I think that it was a little to messy in plot presentation) and finially found a place to watch Gundam ZZ.

I LOVED GUNDAM Z. and supposedly ZZ is a little lighter hearted than Z (god Z was depressing). If you can find a fan sub of gundam Z watch it. the sub by bandai is exactly the same as their subs (even though they got the words different to fit it).

I'm also on the look out for newer Mecha series that are semi serious. I also have a wierd distaste for overly CG animation (i think get backers threw me off with this) but I don't mind mecha being CG. Eh

Oh and Gundam 00 is started season 2 and Bleach is back in the spanish underworld fighting arrancar.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I am currently watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann which has lots of "**** YEAH" moments.

...and they will continue to the very end. A pure celebration of positivism in its core.

Watching "Jigoku Shoujo" and "Vampire Knight" atm. The former having one tragedy after the other, and the latter just being something the girlfriend wants to watch. While i can recommend Jigoku Shoujo for wrestling with the "what is truly justice"-issue, i can't recommend Vampire Knight to anyone with a shred of testosterone. Really, awkward and disturbing sexual undertones between siblings, the male characters are behaving according to what women think that they should behave, and everything is centered around a girl's feelings.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Code Geass R2 finished a couple of weeks ago but it was definitely a great watch. Probably in my top 10 good. Would definitely recommend.

Other than that I haven't been watching anything besides macross frontier up to ep 13 becuase it was lame as hell.

I've heard that Xam'd lost memories and Casshern are good so I'm dling those but I'm going to probably end up marathoning those instead of a weekly deal.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

ZZ has got to have THE WORST intro music...

Seriously.

Also I'm looking for a good Mecha to tide me over until megavideo lets me watch again.

Newest Gundam 00 thoughts.

Is bushido boy the ex flagg fighter? I thought that up until i saw him fight.

I've heard that Xam'd lost memories and Casshern are good so I'm dling those but I'm going to probably end up marathoning those instead of a weekly deal.

I've watched a few Xam'd episodes. Don't know where the series will turn out from there, but it's not bad so far.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

So.. I watched all of ZZ and I think that its somewhat inferior to its older brother(Zeta) Probably because of the lack of Char.

Just watched Chars counterattack.

Nothing can come close to the awesomeness that was Char v Aumero in the final fight. It's just REALLY well done.

• 1 month later...

Jigoku Shoujo, season 1 & 2 <-- A darker anime about a girl who works as the angel of death. Haven't check the third season yet

Saiunkoku Monogatari <-- Recommend for those who liked 12 kingdoms and Amatsuki

Lucky Star <-- As someone else said, at first i was like o.0, then i was like :D

Gintama <-- Still going strong, incredibly wacky as always, makes parody of bleach and popular culture

Still awaiting for Hellsing Ultimate episode V :wub:

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

so i had a friend make me sit down and watch Urotsukidoji the other day

really don't see the appeal of the whole tentacle rape thing :ermm:

I know a guy who watched it with a woman friend of his and she commented that she wished someone could do that to her. :*

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

so i had a friend make me sit down and watch Urotsukidoji the other day

really don't see the appeal of the whole tentacle rape thing >_<

I know a guy who watched it with a woman friend of his and she commented that she wished someone could do that to her. :o

she wished she could be raped with tentacles by demons?

now that's a fetish i've never encountered before :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I don't understand....

I'd volunteer immediately

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

so are you saying you have tentacles you could have raped her with? :)

I'm sure I could improvise....I am a slug after all. >_<

Edit: btw been watching xam and it's pretty good. Pretty much a whole like eureka seven but not as good but still pretty good.

Edited by theslug

So....uh....um....tentacles.

Riiiiight.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Isn't Vampire Knights the anime version of Twilight?

The only manga I read now are Claymore and Berserk; I also look into some of the old fun stuff like Angel Densetsu from time to time.

Claymore is 3/5, Berserk is 5/5 (based on the anime only)

I don't know of any 'twilight', but Vampire Knight is seriously disturbing. It's like when you buy that expensive wine that tastes bloody awful, but you still have to drink it up since you well bought it.

Let me remind you, this show is aimed to girls at the LOWER teens. Consequently, animated as such.

I don't care about spoilers, so i will tell you anyway: The girl is special. Everyone loves her and forgives her, everyone understands her and suffers with her when she suffers. She is the only one who doesn't understand their feelings. Turns out that she is a PUREBLOOD VAMPIRE PRINCESS, the highest and best ranking of them all. And oh yeah, she lets her non-blood related brother suck her blood (he's a vampire hunter turned into vampire because he cared too much about her. Oh the angst, oh the horror) in scenes that have serious sexual undertones.

And oh, it gets even better. She is in love with her REAL brother, and he wants them to be lovers, just like mom and dad was. They have of course passionately kissed each other while the blood drips from their mouths. Of course, no one mentions how the hell vampires get babies to begin with.

All of this is wrapped up and disguised as a romantic, and tragic show for young girls in their teens. Where men behave like women, and women behave like morons. It is so despicable that i just have to watch this trite to the end.

I mean, at least tentacle rape is what it is, namely tentacle rape. Not a tentacle that feels uneasy and questioning the whether it loves one hole more than the other, and whether if one of the soon-to-be-raped holes really loves the tentacle. Because that is what Vampire Knight really is.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds