Wrath of the Lich King

Aristes

... Another cool and rare one drops in Sekketh Halls (iirc) ...

Yeah my druid friend is trying to get it from last summer, he is clearing Sethekk for that mount almost every day and still no luck for him :p

... Doesn't that only drop from the extra boss that's put into place when a druid is doing his epic flight form quest on heroic difficulty?

That said I'm trying to put together the mats for Titanium Earthguard Ring so that I can play with my gear a bit more (like swapping out my boots that I just got from Heroic Naxx for the OTHER boots I just got from heroic naxx... One's got block the other has dodge on them).

But those dragons eyes cost a BUNDLE on my server (200 a POP, so 800 for the number needed to put together the full mats, I've got everything else)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

After druid finish his epic mount quest he can summon the boss once a day (if he kills him) on heroic sethekk... soloable at 80 for naxx25 equiped tank druid

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 3 weeks later...

So Im feeling a little meh on my DPS. From looking at other party members damage meters Im only averaging around 1500. I would like you big brains to take a look at Gfted and tear the build apart. My gear is middle-of-the-road but there isnt a lot I can do about that without raiding so try to focus on the talents. I prefer fire spec but I could be convinced to go Arcane. I do about 70/30 PvE/PvP.

So Im feeling a little meh on my DPS. From looking at other party members damage meters Im only averaging around 1500. I would like you big brains to take a look at Gfted and tear the build apart. My gear is middle-of-the-road but there isnt a lot I can do about that without raiding so try to focus on the talents. I prefer fire spec but I could be convinced to go Arcane. I do about 70/30 PvE/PvP.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=phoenixz

good friend who does the best dps out of anyone in his raid (except maybe his Retadin brother)

16,000 HPS? AM I reading that right? What kind of crazy damage scale does WoW use? How may hit points does a level 80 fighter have?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

16,000 HPS? AM I reading that right? What kind of crazy damage scale does WoW use? How may hit points does a level 80 fighter have?

Yep, you're reading it right. I do anywhere from 1100 to 8900 damage per spell, depending of course on the spell, DR of the recipient (armor) and whether or not the spell crits. Not sure about tanks, Calax would know, but I think a run of the mill tank would have between 20000-27000 health unbuffed.

Yep, you're reading it right. I do anywhere from 1100 to 8900 damage per spell, depending of course on the spell, DR of the recipient (armor) and whether or not the spell crits. Not sure about tanks, Calax would know, but I think a run of the mill tank would have between 20000-27000 health unbuffed.

Don't let this stuff scare you off the game. Some people like to crunch numbers, but you don't need to do this to enjoy WoW. I wore a full suit of Imperial Armor because it looked cool, despite the relatively weak stats. I had no trouble playing through the regular PvE content.

Holy crap that's a lot of hps. Attacks must do a butt load of damage.

Some people like to crunch numbers, but you don't need to do this to enjoy WoW. I wore a full suit of Imperial Armor because it looked cool, despite the relatively weak stats.

That;s my kind of game. Looking cool is 9/10's of the fun!

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=phoenixz

good friend who does the best dps out of anyone in his raid (except maybe his Retadin brother)

This current 58/13/0 build is for pvp.

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

That;s my kind of game. Looking cool is 9/10's of the fun!

I actually remade my shaman(I used to have 70lvl orc female) so he would be blue. Blue spells, blue tabard, blue hair and blue skin. I make him dance and then I touch myself.

the average tank that starts in naxx needs to have at least 23000 HP unbuffed. I personally run at 27751, buffed I can get up to about 33k.

Life pools start to grow pretty fast after you start getting better gear. Base I think my total hp is like 7k or something. The ultimate goal for a warrior/paladin tank is to have 30k hp base that they buff beyond.

I don't know what phoenixz is specced right now, he could be a pvp build but his raiding build is pretty awesome and doesn't have him flinging threat all over the place (his threat generation is killed by 40% due to talents)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that for the first time ever I saw a Phoenix mount last week. A human mage was just hovering on it at Krasus Landing in Dalaran. It wasnt as cool looking in person with the ribbon-like tails flapping out behind it. Of course, its the fastest mount in the game (310%) so Im sure I could get over it.

The nice thing about us rogues is our threat mitigation is built right in to our characters.

I also have Tricks of the Trade that I toss out (usually onto the tank) that stops my threat generation, gives it to the person I put Tricks on, as well as giving them +15% damage.

I usually open up fights with it as it lets me use ambush without consequence, while at the same time helping the tank get a nice cushy threat buffer.

The nice thing about us rogues is our threat mitigation is built right in to our characters.

I also have Tricks of the Trade that I toss out (usually onto the tank) that stops my threat generation, gives it to the person I put Tricks on, as well as giving them +15% damage.

I usually open up fights with it as it lets me use ambush without consequence, while at the same time helping the tank get a nice cushy threat buffer.

appearently in the patch for 3.1 I'm not gonna get much use out of the damage bonus because it doesn't stack with enrage. Besides I've NEVER seen anyone catch me on threat unless i get hit with a spore on Leothab early.

BTW a tank doing 1800 dps is frightening (I did it on Patchwerk)

Me

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...&n=Kithsara

WHat do you guys do once your char is maxed to the current max level? DO you put them away until the next xpack comes out and start new characters? Is there stuff for a fully maxed character to do? IS there still challenge in the game?

I onyl ask becuase all of you seem to have 80 level chars that are pretty um tyte. :)

Well, there's always new equipment that I can get, which makes me more eligible for more difficult dungeons.

They're about to release a new content expansion which opens up another raid. In order to do the raids you typically need the best gear along the way.

We just tried killing Sartharion, and Onyx Dragon, with one of his drakes up. Unfortunately this Drake is a real doozy so we ended up having to kill that drake first. Oh well.

WHat do you guys do once your char is maxed to the current max level? DO you put them away until the next xpack comes out and start new characters? Is there stuff for a fully maxed character to do? IS there still challenge in the game?

I onyl ask becuase all of you seem to have 80 level chars that are pretty um tyte. :)

End game is almost all about the gear. Blizzard makes new end game raids that are harder and give better loot and makes new pvp items to be grinded via arenas or battlegrounds.

Personally, I got bored of PvE combat at 70lvl. I find fighting against AI to be extremely boring if I have to do it more than 1 hour straight. Bad point is that PvP is bit broken currently. It

PVE there's raids (which generally can be pretty fun if you like learning how to manipulate the AI, and learning how to kill certain bosses), and dungeons. Blizzard is constantly updating and tweaking the dungeons to make them accessible and creating new content (content patches are 3.X.Y X goes up every time a big content patch goes out, Y moves up when they're just tweaking balance and how things work). In Burning Crusade there was 3 content patches I think... well major ones. The first one unlocked Tier 6 content for players to enter (Battle for Mount Hyjal, and Black Temple), second one gave birth to Zul'Aman, and the third one added a whole new area for daily quests, and two instances (Magisters Terrace, and Sunwell Plateau). Sunwell was a raid, magisters was a 5 person dungeon.

PVP side of things you could always try arenas but usually theres a favored class each tweak patch because balance is hard to pull of and keep PVE interesting enough. there are also battlegrounds and wintergrasp. Right now the raids for Wrath are a bit of a joke, Naxx is pretty easy for raiders who've done raiding before, it's meant to introduce the ideas and concepts that you need to understand to raid. Sartharion only gets hard when you leave optional bosses alive (with all three bosses alive it's INSANELY hard however) and Malygos can be pretty tough unless you are geared with stuff from naxx 25 etc.

I'm not sure how fast the leveling curve is nowadays, but I imagine you are still looking at hundreds of hours of gaming before you hit level 80. I made it to level 58 before I stopped and I believe I had about 300 hours clocked on main character.

I'm about to transfer my new main over to a PvE server. Just got to find one with a good connection and Horde pop.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If you want me in Northrend, you have to help me PL, keke.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."