Wrath of the Lich King

Aristes

I'm not sure how fast the leveling curve is nowadays, but I imagine you are still looking at hundreds of hours of gaming before you hit level 80. I made it to level 58 before I stopped and I believe I had about 300 hours clocked on main character.

It's taken me two weeks to hit level 43.

Things have changed a lot since the olden days.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Come, join Azjol-Nerub, and together we will cut a swath of destruction through Northrend.

I just checked your population stats.

Very nice!

I only play Warlocks.

Edited by Tale

I'm not sure how fast the leveling curve is nowadays, but I imagine you are still looking at hundreds of hours of gaming before you hit level 80. I made it to level 58 before I stopped and I believe I had about 300 hours clocked on main character.

they've cut the amount of XP to get to 60 twice (I think by 30% both times but I'm not sure) and the amount to get to 70 once (again, 30%) you accelerate up the levels so fast you won't have enough gold to get all your skills, much less your professions up.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

they've cut the amount of XP to get to 60 twice (I think by 30% both times but I'm not sure) and the amount to get to 70 once (again, 30%) you accelerate up the levels so fast you won't have enough gold to get all your skills, much less your professions up.

Nonsense. Gold is insane now. I have 330 gold in the bank. I blew 100 gold two days ago on Glyphs. I had 330 gold before then. So, what did I make in two days?

Selling junk you find and quest rewards is enough for your skills. Get a gathering profession and that'll be pure profit.

Edited by Tale

Nonsense. Gold is insane now. I have 330 gold in the bank. I blew 100 gold two days ago on Glyphs. I had 330 gold before then. So, what did I make in two days?

Selling junk you find and quest rewards is enough for your skills. Get a gathering profession and that'll be pure profit.

well, my 30 Paladin (be on Bronzebeard) I had to shift money to to keep her getting her skills. now my gold may just start skyrocketing when I hit 40 but I'm trying to level jewelcrafting (but am thinking I should just leave that for 80) and mining

I disagree.

I seem to have a much easier time collecting gold now than I ever did.

My first time play several years ago when WoW first came out, I got my mount at level 46 and it was because someone gave me money.

I have no problems pooping money now-a-days. I don't give my alts money from my main either (usually it's the other way around).

well, my 30 Paladin (be on Bronzebeard) I had to shift money to to keep her getting her skills. now my gold may just start skyrocketing when I hit 40 but I'm trying to level jewelcrafting (but am thinking I should just leave that for 80) and mining

Trying to level a crafting profession has always drained your gold. It's why my Gnome was so bloody poor. And my Undead.

My plan has always been to have my first character be a gatherer and then either change out my profs later when I figured out which toons needed to have which skills. It works very nicely. Later, when you've maxed out a couple of characters, you needn't worry too much. Hell, don't even bother auctioning. Just do dialies and quest a lot and the phat loot will build up.

Is it me or does the game suddenly feel insanely easy?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Naw, the game is insanely easy now. I enjoy it with family and friends, but it's pretty damned easy since the xpac. It's especially easy to get to 70. I remember when making it to 60 was a real grind. On the one hand, not grinding as much is good. On the other hand, you really don't feel the same satisfaction for finishing a lot of the group and dungeon quests.

Naw, the game is insanely easy now. I enjoy it with family and friends, but it's pretty damned easy since the xpac. It's especially easy to get to 70. I remember when making it to 60 was a real grind. On the one hand, not grinding as much is good. On the other hand, you really don't feel the same satisfaction for finishing a lot of the group and dungeon quests.

They've set up the current dungeons to be accessible to everyone... as the Tiers rise there's going to be a difficulty curve (I'm guessing it's going to be pretty steep). Naxx and the heroics are designed as introductions to everything, they also wanted to avoid having a kara scenario where you had to farm lower kara for week after week before you could move on. So instead they made the Naxx difficulty curve pretty flat all around in order to keep you from only being able to do certain sections. Also they tried to move away from fights where you HAD to have class X in order to succeed (High King Mulgar in Gruuls for example) to provide more flexibility for raiders.

Try doing the Instructor on heroic without a priest though ;)

well there is that SINGLE fight. But it's not like some of the others in Kara and Gruul where you HAD to have a priest (Moroes, Nightbane), mage (high king) etc. Theroetically if your priest has a good enough connection and is fast enough, he could do it solo on Instructor.

• 1 month later...

3.1 hits tommarow! WOOOO HOOOOO!

course raiding's gonna suck because there are no boss mods out :(

Geez, I wonder what's going to happen to raids. I've been putting off doing raids for a while, but I have done some some heroics and I have to say they're ridiculously easy. I mean, my Rogue, who is still wearing his level 70 badge Outlands pants, managed to tank the last two people in a four person fight in heroic Nexus. My rogue, with three epics and a bunch of blues, would not have been able to do that so easily on a Burning Crusade heroic.

The only one that I found difficult at all was the last boss in the Oculus heroic. Dragon riding through the last battle is a pain in the ass. Hell, we only wiped one time on the final boss, so maybe even that wasn't easy.

No no The dragon shotted me on Heroic. ...But I did tank two of a four person group on heroic with just the healer and me. The healer was too close to the ascendant (or initiate, whichever) and was silenced. So the tank and the warrior go down and the mage was turned into a sheep. I finished off the last two people. If I had been similarly geared in Burning Crusade, you know, a couple of beginner epics and a bunch of blues, I would have been shotted by the Steward.

Now, sometimes evasion has allowed me to last a long time in fights, but heroics were simply harder in Burning Crusade. I don't really mind. I'm hopeful that this means that we can do all guild heroics. No one was geared well enough before WotLK hit, and the WotLK heroics aren't as brutal in my experience. ...And I did every heroic instance some of the raiding in BC.

raiding is going to get a small heap tougher . Naxx was intended to be easy as a general introduction to everyone to raiding. Ulduar is intended to be hard enough that you can't just sleep through it.

Im not sure how I feel about some of the patch changes Ive read about. Specifically the ability to be dual specced and change on the fly with nothing but a cooldown sounds a little gamey to me. IMO, you should not be able to be good at everything but instead have to choose a focus. Its the same thing I dont like about 3.5E, its an everything goes free for all.