US Presidential Elections 2

SteveThaiBinh

I will refer you to my previous statements concerning Prop 8. I voted against... what was it? Prop 10 earlier? I tell you what, if Prop 8 fails, explain to a polygamist why the law doesn't permit marriages between more than two people.

What's wrong with polygamy, huh? It's even in the Bible. Jacob (AKA Israel) had multiple wives, and he had a whole nation (God's Chosen) named after him!

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

I will refer you to my previous statements concerning Prop 8. I voted against... what was it? Prop 10 earlier? I tell you what, if Prop 8 fails, explain to a polygamist why the law doesn't permit marriages between more than two people.

What's wrong with polygamy, huh? It's even in the Bible. Jacob (AKA Israel) had multiple wives, and he had a whole nation (God's Chosen) named after him!

Much like other banned sexual/marital practices, such as incest, bestiality, and marriage of/sex with minors-- but unlike homosexual relationships-- polygamy correlates strongly with abusive relationships and near-abusive relationships where one "partner" has a domineering level of power over the other's life and choices.

polygamy correlates strongly with abusive relationships and near-abusive relationships where one "partner" has a domineering level of power over the other's life and choices.

Evidence?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

I didn't realize that bestiality and polygamy was running in such amok that our very lives are affected to such a degree that our society is on the brink of collapse.

I mean bestiality falls directly under animal abuse and polygamy will not be implemented since there are no influencal groups advocating it, and ofcourse the whole legal mess it would make, makes it practically impossible. The only time for polygamy to become legal would be if the government abolished the definition of marriage all together.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why should America care about "foreign opinion" at all?

Who wants to support terrorists? In other words, who wants to buy our crappy cars that goes to support a foreign occupation and syrian military strikes on civilians? Also what if more supreme court members die and McCains the one who chooses to replace those positions with more conservative judges.

Look how much has changed since Bush has been in office for the past 8 years. I think Bush has made a great difference, Im hoping Obama can make a big difference also, but in a difference kind of way.

We are all interconnected enviromentally, economically and socially, foreign opinions count because we owe some of them a lot of money, and or we might need their help in the future. How is this organism we call earth going to live if it keeps warring with itself as much as it does.

polygamy correlates strongly with abusive relationships and near-abusive relationships where one "partner" has a domineering level of power over the other's life and choices.

Evidence?

Evidence? There are quite a few studies out there that back this up, go do some research if you don't believe him.

As for the earlier points about the fact that gay marriage was voted down a few years ago, government has a job to protect the minority against the tyranny of the masses. That is the reason we have a Supreme Court and a judicial system. They didn't vote on desegregating schools in the 50's. It would have lost.

You know, for some reason I thought you were a religious conservative.

I guess you could be a Libertarian or something, but either way, it's heartening to see you hold socially liberal views.

I'm a socially liberal atheist. I was a member of the Libertarian Party for a while before a) that party became the "we hate brown people from the south" party and b) I realized that most of the country is populated by fiscally irresponsible folks who would turn the free market into a noose if it looked like there was a big screen TV in it for them.

Why should America care about "foreign opinion" at all?

Because they're your trade partners, and military allies, and potential enemies.

Or, as I like to put it, a man who keeps stealing mopeds is an obvious cycle-path.

Trade partner? Anything important that the US produces, with the exception of hollywood movies and video games? No? Last time I checked, all products I use are Austrian/China/EU made stuff. We don't need you. And we don't need military protection from you either.

Why should the US all of a sudden build consensus with the rest of the world community anyway? They did pretty well by doing what they please on their own. Like attacking Iraq... Again, I don't see why Obama will change that. With the exception of some visitations, hand shakes and shallow speeches "We're your ally", nothing will significantly change. There's no such a thing as a collaborative effort of the world community. In fact, we're all in an (economic) war. Who wins? EU vs. Russia vs. US vs. China. Who wins the battle?

Much like other banned sexual/marital practices, such as incest, bestiality, and marriage of/sex with minors-- but unlike homosexual relationships-- polygamy correlates strongly with abusive relationships and near-abusive relationships where one "partner" has a domineering level of power over the other's life and choices.
You are an intelligent fellow, so I assume you don't need me to explain how it's impossible to establish any direct links between polygamy (exclusively, and in principle), and abuse, any more than it is possible to establish such links with any other form of cohabitation.

I'm much more inclined to believe that the correlation stems from the kind of people that practice polygamy, than the practice itself.

Because they're your trade partners, and military allies, and potential enemies.
They'll continue to be "friends" with regards to the first two points as long as there isn't a direct conflict of interest. As for the last... keep flexing your military (and nuclear) muscle, and it's a non-issue...

So, yeah. Despite all the h8 that the US seem to earn, I'd say they've got it just about right. Or, how taks put it so eloquently, **** envy.

Edited by random n00b

Whoever wins in the U.S. is going to have a huge amount of goodwill from abroad. People outside the U.S. mostly want to move beyond President Bush, who is very unpopular there, and many countries may well use the election to improve their relations with the U.S. regardless of who wins.

Improve relations, as long as it fits US interests. Unfortunately, the EU leaders are weak and dumb enough to buy into this bs.

Whoever wins in the U.S. is going to have a huge amount of goodwill from abroad. People outside the U.S. mostly want to move beyond President Bush, who is very unpopular there, and many countries may well use the election to improve their relations with the U.S. regardless of who wins.

Improve relations, as long as it fits US interests. Unfortunately, the EU leaders are weak and dumb enough to buy into this bs.

I agree that our EU leaders are often pretty pathetic, but I would say improving relations with the U.S. can serve the interests of both sides.

I agree that our EU leaders are often pretty pathetic, but I would say improving relations with the U.S. can serve the interests of both sides.

In what way?

In what way?

We have many common interests on numerous issues that we can better advance by cooperation. An example of this would be trade.

What are you americans doing in this thread? Shoo, shoo! to the voting both with you.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Trading what specifically?

Trading almost everything! From cars to airplanes to machine tools to agricultural products and so on! The U.S. is a huge market for us

The Eurozone already exceeded the US economically.

This has nothing to do with the fact that we will still benefit by trading with one another.

Production and high-tech firms are more and more being outsourced to China/India.

Our production is also being outsourced to these places...

And the EU strives to become more independent in regards to ressources.

The EU has no chance of becoming independent in terms of resources any time soon.

With the exception of software/entertainment, I don't use any US made products at all.

Some components of your products, such as your computer, might in fact be from the U.S. Some of the food you eat may be from the U.S. Companies may use U.S.-made machines to make the products you enjoy. And you benefit via your country's economy by exporting things to the U.S. :)

Some components of your products, such as your computer, might in fact be from the U.S. Some of the food you eat may be from the U.S. Companies may use U.S.-made machines to make the products you enjoy. And you benefit via your country's economy by exporting things to the U.S. :)

...components/devices which were most probably designed by European immigrants, and manufactored in China/South Korea. But yeah, sales and marketing ususally is unprecedented in the US. Food? Now way I eat that garbage. I look out exactly what I'm eating, after all.

And why should trade suffer with a different president in the first place? If there's no buying power in the US, there won't be any healthy outlet. That's why our weak neoliberal EU leaders want Turkey to join the EU, so that they can sell all the crap they want there. I'm sure the industrial association would like that, while pissing the common folks on their head at the same time. That's exactly why I feel the EU has drifted to the wrong course, a course that the US has always backed up. After all, the US only seeks to weaken the EU.

Edited by Morgoth

What are you americans doing in this thread? Shoo, shoo! to the voting both with you.

Yes, and remember to check before you leave the booth that you voted for who you intended to vote for. I still can't believe you trust those machines! :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

...components/devices which were most probably designed by European immigrants, and manufactored in China/South Korea. But yeah, sales and marketing ususally is unprecedented in the US.

Now you are just being unfair to the U.S., but it doesn't matter anyway whether the devices were designed by European immigrants or long-time Americans - the point is that they were designed in the U.S. and are U.S. products. You thus have to trade to get them.

Food? Now way I eat that garbage. I look out exactly what I'm eating, after all.

Uhm, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that agricultural products are garbage in the U.S. I just moved to the U.S. a month and a half ago, and I can tell you that there are many quality food products here. The only thing that I truly find inedible here is the bread. I love eating bread, but not here.

And why should trade suffer with a different president in the first place?

I don't think trade will suffer due to a new president. It will likely improve. But it *could* suffer, if some protectionist tendencies come to the fore and the new president proves receptive to them.

That's why our weak neoliberal EU leaders want Turkey to join the EU, so that they can sell all the crap they want there. I'm sure the industrial association would like that, while pissing the common folks on their head at the same time. That's exactly why I feel the EU has drifted to the wrong course, a course that the US has always backed up. After all, the US only seeks to weaken the EU.

I agree that EU leaders often outright ignore the interests of their people (us) in order to pursue their 'vision', but trade with the U.S. is not an issue where this happens.

Usually I'm pretty annoyed with Americans when they get all out of control about our polotics and think they know so much about it, but then when you see people who don't live in this country getting like that, it's kind of more annoying.

Also, voting is Hades. You're all Hades for voting.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.