US Presidential Elections 2

SteveThaiBinh

When will we find out who president elect is.

As early as midnight eastern time, or as late as tomorrow morning if the races are close out west.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If i live in Washington does that mean im going to find out tomorrow.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

It could be effectively over pretty early. If FL, VA, PA, and OH all go one way or the other, there probably isn't much point in staying up to hear the results from out west. Sure, we won't "know" anything, but we can guess with 99.9% accuracy at that point.

Obama has enough "safe" electoral votes that to win McCain will need to essentially run the table on the 8 undecided/too close to call states. But Enoch is right. If Obama wins any two of the Florida, Virginia, Ohio trifecta McCains chances of victory will be just about zero.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

the worst thing that could ever happen to the US would be a super-majority by either party. they'll pretty much be able to pass any legislation they want since the other party can't filibuster to prevent bad laws.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

That has always been my biggest fear, unfettered power by any one political party. It is all the more terrifying when one considers that kind of power wielded by a leftist reactionary party hell bent on destroying the country and remaking it in it's own image. At least thats how I see it. If you think about it the Dem's have become the party that is against individual liberty. They oppose free speech and try to suppress it with their "fairness doctrine". They oppose the freedom to own a firearm. They oppose the right to be secure in person and property by the way they hailed the Kelo V New London decision and Dem controlled state governments have made extremely heavy handed use of imminent domain to seize private property to sell for economic development. They have ever been the champions of heavy taxation and redistribution of wealth so one might argue they are opposed to economic liberty as well. I could go on but I think I made my point. Voting democratic is the equivalent of selling your soul for bread.

Thomas Sowell

First results are in, McCain win Kentucky, Vermont has fallen to Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/index.html

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, I hope the republicans are able to keep the democrats away from those 60 seats. Other than that I hope Obama wins. He's like the extreme right-wing in my country.. Which kinda scares me.. (I don't like the extreme right-wingers)

Fortune favors the bald.

McCain win West Virginia, Obama takes Delaware. North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana are a dead heat with 5% of precincts reporting. McCain has a strong lean in Virgina. This is BIG news. If McCain win VA he will be doing pretty well.

Thomas Sowell

McCain win West Virginia, Obama takes Delaware. North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana are a dead heat with 5% of precincts reporting. McCain has a strong lean in Virgina. This is BIG news. If McCain win VA he will be doing pretty well.

The only results in VA so far are all out in hick country (or, if you prefer "real America"). McCain will lead until the precincts in NoVa and Tidewater start reporting.

The shocking thing to me so far is Indiana. Bush won there by 20% 4 years ago, and now it's neck-and-neck, with zero results so far from the Chicago suburbs in the NW of the state.

Edited by Enoch

So far no surprises. The traditionally red states are going for McCain, the blues for Obama. North Carolina may upset that apple cart though. Looks like Obama is going to win there.

Thomas Sowell

Latest from FL with 8% of precincts reporting (none in panhandle, they just closed)

Obama 51% McCain 48%

http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/

Thomas Sowell

Pennsylavania has gone to Obama. McCain needed to win that one if he lost either NC or Ohio. He has no margin of error now. If they call either Florida or Ohio for Obama I'm shuttong the computer off and making anther drink. And then another after that.

Thomas Sowell

Hold on.. what's this?

RON PAUL IS SUDDENLY GAINING VOTES!

Elections are considered over and Ron Paul wins by 98.9% of votes.

[/dream]

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yep. It's pretty much as over as it can be, without actually being over. With all due respect to Yogi Berra, of course. =)

Ok World, do you loves us again yet?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Obama will probably end up with 348 Electoral votes once this is all over.

Lame. I was totally expecting Georgia and North Dakota or Montana.

Oh well, at least it looks like he'll score one of Nebraska's electoral districts. That's history right there.

Oh, wait... this data today doesn't include early voting, does it? He may yet win 370+, then.