Spore!

Kaftan Barlast

Is there anything you can do with tribal and civilization stage aliens that you find, short of making them go kaboom?

my species ended up converting the other species instead of killing them.

apparently you can also negotiate alliances and trade deals, etc, but i don't know how you get a win from that.

dumber than a bag of hammers

so i bought it after playing with the free editor. am up to the tribal stage, which seems a little too RTS-ey for my liking. but the first two stages were fun and it's clever enough to keep going.

At least play through space, in order to make a true impression of the game

yeah, space is definitely fun. so far, it's been a good mix of exploration and colonisation and blowing sh1t up.

i'll continue playing then but i will hunt you down if it is as bad as the tribal and civ era

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

also, it would be kinda nice if allt the crap you've done up until the space era actually made a difference but i guess that is hoping for too much

and why is that every time i lay an egg i can completely revamp my species? if darwin was alive he would shoot will wright in the head

also, it would be kinda nice if allt the crap you've done up until the space era actually made a difference but i guess that is hoping for too much

it does, in a minimal kind of way. you get some bonuses depending on how your species developed, e.g. combat bonuses if you killed everything, etc.

but i can't say i've noticed. in the first four stages, it was for me mostly about the killing & conquest but in the space stage it's more varied.

i'm enjoying it so far but am sure i'll get bored with it eventually, like i do with all god/sim/rts games.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

erm, it does.

yeah i guess you're right, i spent all my 'dna' on a really scary "bite", my jaw was twice the size of the rest my body and once i got to the tribal era i could make "fire bombs"

So how many expansions does Will have in store for this one?

Any ideas what might still be added?

Likely the first or one of the first will be the aquatic expansion, letting you create aquatic creatures and undersea cities and such. He also talked about a fauna expansion, which honestly I think would be hella boring.

I say go with the aquatic one first, then do ones that expand the gameplay of each phase. For example one that makes the Tribal phase fun, then one that makes the Civ stage fun, then one that makes the creature stage the living breathing ecosystem we saw in early gameplay videos with all the creatures intermingling and such with herds and solitary hunters or pack hunters etc. instead of all the creatures pretty much staying put at their nests.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd want an expansion pack that adds nothing big, but just fleshes out the first four stages and adds lots more options on what you can do, allow more freeform and larger tribes/cities, adds more appendages, etc... but that'll never happen because that's just not a viable model in today's market for xpacks (apparently). We probably will see an aquatic expansion pack which comes with some of the aforementioned.

I do have high hopes for Spore 2, though.

At the third time of trying, I have finally managed to get my head around the space stage. It's even moderately fun, in that so far I've managed to avoid major wars with other empires and am spending my time abducting animals for colonisation. :lol: I do with they would turn down the frequency of the 'come home and deal with threat X' events.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Then you haven't seen the xpacks for The Sims 2. :lol:

Most of them just adds even more stuff to the already existing parts.

I personally would like creatures that make tunnels underground.

I was in the shops on Saturday and saw a freaking IKEA sims pack. Which was just startling until I realised they wanted people to PAY for the privilege of IKEA advertising in tehir leisure time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Those aren't expansion packs but stuff packs which are even more useless packs that only add new objects instead of actually new features. Another realworld inspired stuff pack is called "H&M Fashion Stuff".

The funny thing is that I once thought that the original The Sims was at the edge of crazy and now I've found that they can do even worse.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Ok who went to the center of the universe? I just got back from it and now I'm

at war with the Grox. I tried to ally with them early on, but found out that every other race in the universe will declare war on you if you do. Grox own like a thousand systems, so destroying them will take a very long time.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh to add spoiler tags. :rolleyes:

Ok who went to the center of the universe?

Yes, I just did.

I have no idea what to do about them, but they're very far away, so perhaps it doesn't matter yet? I did four missions for them, but it seemed to have no effect on my score. If you keep headed towards the centre, you're able to jump ever-smaller distances, so I guess it's impossible to get where I needed to be, perhaps until some plot development? I used my return ticket and am going to keep plugging away getting badges.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I do with they would turn down the frequency of the 'come home and deal with threat X' events.

Some review I read mentioned that aspect, which is the main reason I haven't rushed out to buy it like I thought I would. Does it interfere with exploration/colony fun horribly, where it becomes tedious to have to 'go home' all the time? I guess I'm hoping there'll be a patch before too long that allows you set a slower rate for those, or something...I prefer my sim/building type games to allow me to follow my own pace at least most of the time, rather than someone else's pace most of the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played a bit of civilisation stage today before it crashed, cause the friend is starting to want it back and I want to see the Space stage.

Really hard to motivate myself though, the tribe/civ stages are truly horrible in terms of gameplay. I think one could easily spend hours making their own vehicles and buildings, but without the ability to create a proper city (just buildings you place in a very small, pre-set circle) and with low graphics settings that makes everything look blurry I'm not so inspired. Pity, because while that part is great, the actual gameplay in these stages are absolutely dire. There's no saving grace.

Thinking of just playing in Easy so I can blast through it and get to space. Hopefully I can find time to do that before I give the game back.

Does it interfere with exploration/colony fun horribly, where it becomes tedious to have to 'go home' all the time?

Yes. >_<

:/

Guess I'll continue to hope for a patch then.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There is a creature bonus that limits the bad events that happen to you I believe.

If you're a vicious carnivore pirates attack less.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg