What do you look for in an RPG?

poolofpoo was being clearly sarcastic though because narrating was horrible.

i think he was in deadly earenst. after all, the voice acting for Aribeth in the original NWN was the stuff of legend.

i hope she got more work after that.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Now, roleplaying a woman - now we're talking, especially if you get to romance other female characters in the game. I want roleplaying options like that. :-:brows: :brows:

I don't think many of us would mind that.... :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Which is exactly what made that funny.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And I do think that the previous was being serious, because most people do think Aribeth's voice work was good

see? pool was merely agreeing with most people on the internet, which - as we know - reflects the wisdom of the masses.

after all, everyone knows that Aribeth had brilliant voice work. i'm pleased to see that lady kept working, she would have been a terrible loss to the industry...

dumber than a bag of hammers

I've thought about this some more, and I can generalize this further. A game has presentation, content, and game mechanics. In an RPG, I want the order of priority to be content, game mechanics, presentation. As a counter point, in a shooter I want game mechanics, presentation, content.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Girls with tails ;)

Horns are optional. Nice if they have them, but not essential >_

Apart from that, a sense of purpose in a believable world. By believeable, I don't mean real, but a system where things acts according to the natural laws of the setting.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i think he was in deadly earenst. after all, the voice acting for Aribeth in the original NWN was the stuff of legend.

yeah, i just wish they could've told us beforehand that Aribeth was deaf since birth, the actress got that "Aj aaM DeaaaaFph" intonation just right though

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!