Bioware/EA's KotOR Online leaked

Jaesun

What I meant is that I don't understand how people get riled up over a highly uninteresting setting. I loved K1 when it came out and loved K2 as well, doesn't change that Star Wars haven't been interesting since I was twelve or so.

That's the point I was trying to make. You don't find the setting interesting, but many people find it very interesting, hence they can get riled up over it.

And my point is that it should be impossible to find the setting interesting if you're older than twelve. Don't mind me, I'm an elitist.

Come on now - we play games where we slay dragons and banish demons... most people (at least in my country) would say that this is the province of those under 10 years old, yet we are much older than that and still find it fun and engaging. Although personal preferrences within our gaming hobby differ, the fact that we can suspend disbelief for childish notions such as dragons and magic should make it easy for you to understand why people might find other childish notions interesting even if you don't personally. :lol:

And my point is that it should be impossible to find the setting interesting if you're older than twelve. Don't mind me, I'm an elitist.

...childish notions such as dragons...

I wouldn't utter those words on a forum moderated by one. *hides*

I don't get the joke I am afraid - which mod is named after a dragon or has a dragon avatar?

I don't get the joke I am afraid - which mod is named after a dragon or has a dragon avatar?

:ermm: <---- It's a link...

Edited by Strix
securom2gu8.png

:ermm: <---- It's a link...

I see.

Well... *Magister Lajciak trembles briefly, but quickly regains his composure enters sycophantic mode*... You see I knew that, but it is the dragons, the wise beings they are, who planted the idea that they imaginary beings only existing in the minds of children and want this myth to persist. After all, dragons want to keep their privacy from annoying humanoids and thus reveal their existence only to a select few and I couldn't have known that you were among them before your reaction.

I'm an elitist.
Sorry - we're full at the moment.

I see. But there's always need to test and expand on different levels. I hereby file for being a seasonal trainee elitist at your esoteric service. What are your requirements? Beside speaking with french accent, looking down on EA/Bioware and being able to boast the merits of the original Fallouts for infinity?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Looking down on EA/Bioware and boosting the Fallouts beyond their actual ability is the mark of a trying-to-be instead of an actually in-the-flesh elitist. Actual Elitists know that the people are weak and can only reach truth through the unequaled insight of a true connoisseur.

The first step to being an elitist is to acknowledge your own superiority and only then can you start seeing the world in the clear light of someone who knows how things actually are.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I can be faux-philisophical too!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, WoW is the 800 pound gorilla, but if any franchise has the chance of having a similar appeal it is Star Wars and especially KOTOR. Of course, it is far from certain that it will reach that level of profitability, but it has huge earnings potential. The fact that I will not be buying it or playing it or that I would far prefer KOTOR 3 was made is, of course, another matter.

Well, WoW is the 800 pound gorilla, but if any franchise has the chance of having a similar appeal it is Star Wars and especially KOTOR. Of course, it is far from certain that it will reach that level of profitability, but it has huge earnings potential. The fact that I will not be buying it or playing it or that I would far prefer KOTOR 3 was made is, of course, another matter.

Look, I don't know how large the KOTOR fanbase is, but it's certainly not WOW like size. Just let's be realistic. And being a Star Wars game alone doesn't mean nothing. Star Wars Galaxies, after all, was an utter failure. But as I said, Bioware knows how to make successful and enjoyable games, so that should be the main driving factor why people should get excited. Star Wars + Kotor just means people get easier attention to it, and don't need to be convinced about a new setting etc.

I'm personally looking forward to a KOTOR Online. I'm surely not the nerd-type MMO gamer who levels to lvl 70 (what a waste of time), but I occassionaly enjoy some playtime here and there (especially WAR), so if Bioware manages to improve an existing formula or even completely re-architects this genre, the better.

KOTOR 3, that's something I'd even more look forward to. But you can't have everything at once... :shifty:

Edited by Morgoth