It's my party and I'm required to invite you

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7479758.stm

Basically a kid fails to invite two children to his birthday party, and the school claims he has breached their rights. I am literally amazed. How is it against their rights to not get invited to a private party?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, a country that has both System Bolaget and official snooping on your emails and mobile calls to see if you are up to no good, why shouldn't that aspect of their lives be regulated too?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

Talk about double standards. One of the kids he didn't invite to his birthday party never invited him to his, so why should he invite him for? By this ridiculous rationale of the school, didn't the other kid "breach the kids' rights", too? As for the other kid who had a "falling out" with the birthday boy, how can the school possibly be thick enough to think that the kids rights had been breached when he doesn't even like the person who didn't invite him? Too bad if you've got friends at a party you're not invited to. It's the hosts right to choose who he/she wants at his/her party.

Edited by The Architect

oh how far has the gentlemen fallen!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yeah, these disguises are necessary to survive childhood. I hated birthday parties and all the "What, you invite her? Haha, you're in love with the fattie" "Invite me, ****, or I'll beat you up again tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and..."

And it is a crime to make laws like this, imo. Arrest the politicians, please.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The situation was definitely overblown. The teacher should have taken the student aside and said it's not appropriate to invite everyone in the class except the other two students DURING CLASS. and in the future do it outside of the classroom. That should have been the end of it

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Teacher, and school should STFU. It's simply none of their business who gets invited to whos' party. Absolutely lame.

If I were the kid, my response would have been: 'And, that's why I didn't invite YOU either!"

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I remember the US schoolteacher who called in the FBI after seeing a kid wear a shirt or something. Just another example of what happens when you let a particular discourse overwhelm your entire brain. These teachers and schools are absolutely unable to stick their heads up outside the "WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN" paradigm.

I wonder if the rejected kids actually went to the party.

I'd like to hear what the teacher involved thought. It's easy to dismiss this, but bullying and discrimination can be subtle and the teachers, unlike us, are on the ground and know the full story.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I know enough about the story to know that teachers shouldn't be intervering with birthday party invitations. Obviously, handing out the invites wasn't disrupting the class as the teacher did nothing until noticing the two losers who didn't get any. And, not being invited to a party isn't the same as bullying. Not even close. In fact, the father (if the article is truthful) give 2 solid reasons why the two kids weren't invited.

And, teachers want to get paid more? Not if they keep doing crap like this. Of course, thankfully, the majority of teachers are actually sane. My teahcers growing up would have NEVER done anything garbagey like this.

Boo hoo!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The boy's school says he has violated the children's rights and has complained to the Swedish Parliament.

That's already stupid enough, and how will they deal with the kid in the future?

What if they combine the email snooping with this? They'll arrest you for saying mean things about someone behind their back.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hahaha, thats completely retarded. I didnt see anything about this on the news, how com the BBC knows more abotu Swedish stupidity than we do? :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "