Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jaesun

Ooooh. According to Nathaniel Chapman, there's even going to be more uses of more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.

Absolutely. This is one of the main focuses of the expansion. Don't be surprised if you see more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.
-Streamlined party conversations, not sure what does this mean or do at all.

I wonder if this means you can switch between party members during dialog, so you can take advantage of all their alignments/skills/classes/races, instead of just one guy doing all the talking. It is something I suggested for IWD2 but iirc the IE didn't allow it; or I was simply ignored.

At this point, what we have decided to go with is to allow the player determine the personality of the characters in the party (aside from the cohorts and companions) by allowing individual party members to choose individual conversation options via the new party conversation system.

looks like I was right :)

Exploration can be fun, provided that there is both a gamey way to bypass the tedium (a Fallout-style overland map works well for this), and something actually interesting out there for us to find (as counter-examples, see the ridiculously boring exploration done in BG1 and Mass Effect).

As far as I'm concerned, NWN2 (like pretty much all D&D games) already had too many race/class options the day it shipped. With so many options, it becomes impractical for devs to make any interesting content that reacts to these player choices. I'd much much rather have fewer choices that are actually meaningful in gameplay than a bajillion choices that just shift some +1s around on my character sheet. On the other hand, the make-your-own party structure probably helps in this. It didn't make sense resource-wise to make class/race/religion-specific content because only a tiny % of players would end up seeing it. With a MYO party, it becomes more likely that a player is going to have a Dwarf, or a Druid, or a Malarite to trigger appropriate NPC reactions, which in turn makes designing that kind of content much more worthwhile.

Also, trade-based factions/setting/story = win. And we need some industrial espionage solo missions for the rogue in the group.

That "some of us" doesn't include me :)

I hope these won't be implemented just because it annoys ramza so much :*

Rofl I will get you for this... :bat:

ramza, every ****ing game has cut content. NWN2 already has more classes and races than any other roleplaying game ever. Those are by no means essential or important. If you demand these must be restored in order to game being complete (L-O-L) where to draw line? Must headtracking be implemented before game is "complete", must every single cut storythread and area be restored etc. ?

That is just stupid.

NWN2 was complete game - unlike Kotor 2 - with cut content like all games have. And none of the cut content were even remotely essential, unlike in Kotor 2's case.

I agree with you that there is no way for a company to restore some or all of their games' cut content. It would be indeed ridiculous to ask them to do so...

On the other hand, I consider that my complain is accurate in the present case because all these races and prestige classes already exist in the codes and it would require minimal work to restore them. Obsidian could have done this either in the previous expansion or in one of their patches...

Well, NWN Magus and NWN Agent are clearly OC Campaign related and are quite likely linked to some cut content. You don't have to be genius to see NWN Magus is mage equivalent of NWN Nine class and NWN Agent is rogue/bard/etc. equivalent of

NWN Nine class.

Those races - lizardfolk etc - were never ment to be playable anyway. Sure their files exist but they were made with NPC's in mind. They don't have even close the range of animations and such PC races have.

And did you think how godamn BUGGY AND BROKEN these unimplemented classes are propably in their current state? If it was matter of just acticating them someone would've already done that. There's definetly more to it.

Of course I wouldn't mind them restoring those classes, but doesn't matter much to me. Mystic Theurge = munchkinism incarnated

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Economic empire. Awesome.

You know what'd be even more awesome? Some dude up for election/local leader that complains about your company making too much profits and you should be taxed more - special taxes to pay for universal health care for Faerun and better education. Maybe you get taxed more as you get more successful. Kind of like to encourage the small upstart businesses. Maybe the local community will complain when the unprofitable/inefficient family businesses get replaced by your trading empire. Especially when you outsource all the labor to ? and flood them with quality (decision on what quality and price would be nice) goods at lower prices that they all buy.

Also s/he'd complain that you're making profits off war - trading weapons, magic scrolls etc. Plus among the first to round up ally leaders and head to talks with enemies without conditions. Might make an interesting hostage rescue mission. Either that or you could cunningly trick all of the leaders around the lands into your stronghold so they're right for the taking.

Economic empire + cunning = Win

Edited by Atreides

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Economic empire. Awesome.

You know what'd be even more awesome? Some dude up for election/local leader that complains about your company making too much profits and you should be taxed more - special taxes to pay for universal health care for Faerun and better education. Maybe you get taxed more as you get more successful. Kind of like to encourage the small upstart businesses. Maybe the local community will complain when the unprofitable/inefficient family businesses get replaced by your trading empire. Especially when you outsource all the labor to ? and flood them with quality (decision on what quality and price would be nice) goods at lower prices that they all buy.

Also s/he'd complain that you're making profits off war - trading weapons, magic scrolls etc. Plus among the first to round up ally leaders and head to talks with enemies without conditions. Might make an interesting hostage rescue mission. Either that or you could cunningly trick all of the leaders around the lands into your stronghold so they're right for the taking.

Economic empire + cunning = Win

:)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There are no words for how excited I am.

NWN 2 finally allows me to play as a party of swaggering mercenary idiots, whose alignments vary from neutral to chaotic and whose allegiances shift with their moods, pillaging and extorting the countryside. :)

Low-magic and low-level campaign also a godsend. Brilliant stuff.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The campaign seems a perfect backdrop for highwayman play.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, ****ing Warlock highwayman play.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

He better use protection. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sand, Adam Sandler called! He wants his godawful jokes back.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

That's why I want my Swashbuckler. A member of this class would fit a chaotic party much better than, say, your generic Fighter. Pretty please, kind sirs at Obsidian?

20795.jpg

Or Ninja, or Samurai (ronin), or Hexblade, or Duskblade, or Warmage, or Knight, or Scout, or Swashbuckler, or Spellthief highwayman play...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

If you want to talk about chaotic characters... Wild Mage!

As stated on the official forums for the expansion, my Chaotic Neutral Gnome Wild Mage of Bhaal wants to see the light of day. Sure, his alignment doesn't match his faith, but he's crazy.

I'm fine with the classes that are already in, since this time I can create every aspect of my party members from ground up. And if Obsidian is going to make those aspects matter via acknowledging them with dialogue options and perhaps quest choices, I'm content.

kirottu said:

Or Ninja, or Samurai (ronin), or Hexblade, or Duskblade, or Warmage, or Knight, or Scout, or Swashbuckler, or Spellthief highwayman play...

I forgot the Beguiler btw...

Actually, The Player Resource Consortium (PRC) have created a nice mod for both NWNs that add races, classes and prestige classes

I feel dizzy all of a sudden... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnate_(Du...her_sourcebooks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prestige_classes

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Crates never get old

...how sad is it I already started to plan my first two groups? Other one will be bunch of misfit heroes (aka alignments from neutral to good) a la OOTS (minus Belkar who got transferred to other group)

Second group shall be bunch of raving, pillaging lunatics lead by hopelessly lost Genasi wizard from Sigil (he was on family holiday in Faerun or something and then paladins came and killed his family!!!!) and whose right hand man is psychotic halfling barbarian :biggrin:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Hmm, a Warlock and a Rogue being the gray eminence in a band of cutthroats led by a a hell-bent Fallen Paladin. Hypocrisy for the win.

kirottu said:

Crates never get old

...how sad is it I already started to plan my first two groups? Other one will be bunch of misfit heroes (aka alignments from neutral to good) a la OOTS (minus Belkar who got transferred to other group)

Second group shall be bunch of raving, pillaging lunatics lead by hopelessly lost Genasi wizard from Sigil (he was on family holiday in Faerun or something and then paladins came and killed his family!!!!) and whose right hand man is psychotic halfling barbarian :biggrin:

OOTS?

kirottu said:

I really haven't been paying attention to the fact that you can create your own party. I mean, I knew about it. But I didn't think about what that meant.

It means I don't have to think about which characters I'll use for which playthrough, I can just use them all! Or several of them at least. The crazy Gnome Wizard, the charming Warlock, the devious Assassin. And they can all be brothers, or something! The Gnome will be adopted.

Edited by Tale

Seriously, ahahahahahaha

Those crazy modders :biggrin:

It looks like I need to get NWN2 back sooner than I thought :shifty:

Edited by Xard

Seriously, ahahahahahaha

Those crazy modders :biggrin:

It looks like I need to get NWN2 back sooner than I thought :shifty:

*urk* :blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"