KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

1. I hope Obsidian gets the job. They've earned it!

2. I would like a new character. I know that they could make returns from the old characters possible. I would like to see Revan come back into the story (the Exile not so much).

3. They have to reveal the "true sith" in the next game. They have to be different in some way from other force users. They have to look awesome.

4. Whoever is making the game has to make up some sweet a** threads.

5. There has to be some neutral characters in the game (to balance out everyone else).

6. They have to make sure there aren't any missing endings to the story.

7. I can't think of any more points. >_<

Hahahahahahaha :). I mostly agree, but I definitely want Darth Revan to show up in some form, maybe Holocron. I also want Exile and not-DS Revan to play a part.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

well esabia... the whole mandalore the jedi thing was just an idea but.... you're 100% correct... Revan and the Exile could be put into the new game.

It would be a pretty groundbraking idea as a matter of fact, but as far as I know Canderous is not force sensitive, so we'd have a small problem here... :p But the idea of a mandalorian with a lightsaber is VERY appealing, if not ironical...

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

Just not gona happen, dont wanna shoot your ideas down. There needs to be a complete new protaganist and Revan and Exile must play a big role in the events to come. I dont know how many times I must stress this..

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I actually want to play as Revan again. Exile, not so much.

Carth should definitely sit this one out, though.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Carth is ok with me but then you get people saying that carth could have dissapered in KOTOR since he wasn't in KOTOR2 if you choose Revan dark side but he was if you choose light side and so one.

So fine for me but the canon issue starts again

And I want a new protaganist because begining from scratch with Revan again :thumbsup:

I mean ho many times can one person lose all of his powers :)

Sure he must be in it just as the exile, yes him to ortherwise i played trough kotor2 for nothing.

And I want a new protaganist because begining from scratch with Revan again :thumbsup:

I mean ho many times can one person lose all of his powers :)

Agreed. This is exactly the reason why playing as Revan or exile again would suck. You cannot start at level 20+, because progressive development of the character is one of the most engrossing parts of the game. For a d20-derived game like KotOR, that means gaining experience levels and building powers, so you must start at level 1. And we already did that with both Revan and exile.

That's not to say they are not essential to the plot, however. They must both be in any K3 plot, and not merely as names that are conveniently killed off in the background. I'll be truly disappointed if they turn up dead in the plot.

Yeah I guess you guys are right but playing the intro level or something as Revan would be pretty cool.

Yeah I guess you guys are right but playing the intro level or something as Revan would be pretty cool.

Uou could use it as a crash course of the game mechanics AND finding out what he exactly did. Then you could go to your char (and levelling him as you want) to, let's say 4 or 5th level to enter in the action.

If they lie to me once, they're to blame. If they lie to me twice, it is me to blame. If they lie to me a third time, I'm stupid enough to be lied a fourth time.

Uou could use it as a crash course of the game mechanics AND finding out what he exactly did. Then you could go to your char (and levelling him as you want) to, let's say 4 or 5th level to enter in the action.

That could work, but you'll have to have a level where it doesn't matter if your light or dark, you know your own choice again,

Mayby something of making your dark or light side choice in that level. So if you play the first level dark or light it alters the game progress without you noticing it until you meet revan or something like that.

Would be nice to know what revan has done all those years, mayby end the level with a cliffhanger for the rest of the game :)

Yup, that was basically my idea.

For Revan? I believe more in a mission, 50/50 with the Exile, the result of it determines their alignment(you play the first half with Revan and the Second with Exile). If there has to be some sort of quiz, it should be to determine the outcome of the party members of Revan and the Exile (as well as for their sex).

Of course, you can make the "Revan mission", so to call it, as an interlude after an intro with the main char....

Hmm, I'd say let the PC choose the gender (which would choose whether you play the exile or Revan). Then do a mission that would determine their alignment, with a quiz to follow for any starting companions that may or may not have survived. Whichever protagonist takes a mission in the beginning of the story that moves them far away from events surrounding the PC, but still important to the plot. That could be gathering forces or allies, espionage in the unknown regions, what have you. They're not arbitrarily killed off, and maybe they "check in" from time to time, but they're not forced into your party either.

1. I hope Obsidian gets the job. They've earned it!

2. I would like a new character. I know that they could make returns from the old characters possible. I would like to see Revan come back into the story (the Exile not so much).

3. They have to reveal the "true sith" in the next game. They have to be different in some way from other force users. They have to look awesome.

4. Whoever is making the game has to make up some sweet a** threads.

5. There has to be some neutral characters in the game (to balance out everyone else).

6. They have to make sure there aren't any missing endings to the story.

7. I can't think of any more points. :lol:

by the way... that sith dude who replied to my comment above (i think it's at the end of page 13).... he was totally right... :lol: well esabia... the whole mandalore the jedi thing was just an idea but.... you're 100% correct... Revan and the Exile could be put into the new game. i wasn't saying that it was impossible to put them in the k3.... i just think that the creators of k3 won't put them into the game (not the Exile... Revan... maybe).

Why don't you think they will include the Exile?

I have a feeling that he might show up in the game but... not as a player (he will most likely show up by name).

my reasons are main reason for saying so is the fact that everyone has a different view of the exile (man or woman... light or dark...). i know someone said that the people who make the game could make it work out by giving the player options relating to the sex of the exile and to the stance of the exile (light or dark). well... that means more work for the people who make the game and i honestly think it would be a pain in the ass at the beginning of the game to have to set every character to your liking (revan and the exile). i don't mind the idea of making your own character... in fact!!!!... that was one of the most fun things about the swkotor games. another reason the exile probably wouldn't work is because... without the exile's friends... wouldn't you be useless? i couldn't see the exile working out but... revan... yes! my reasons are:

1. revan is kick ass!

2. the makers of the game know that in k3 they have to bring revan back into the picture.

3. revan wears a mask all the time so... no having to make his character's face and everything (he/ she is just the character that does whatever the hell he/she wants).

4. revan kicks ass!!!

here's an idea (i just like to throw ideas out there)... the story could be about revan's apprentice (maybe he'll take a new one on in sith space). likely or no... you choose...

does anyone else have any cool ideas on what the k3 story line could be about? :shifty::lol::ermm::brows::bat:o:):*:x:o:):p-_-

the revan apprentice thing would also kick the having to level revan up again thing out of the picture (since you're the one learning from him). in k3 i would love to be able to play with revan at one point in the game (even if it's two seconds). the revan intro things is very possible... i could see that happening. :)

the mandalorian jedi thing... i don't mean canderous!!!! =|

Edited by UnknownRegions

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Is this the wrong place to mention that I really can't stand Revan?

Ok... maybe that's not right... I liked Revan when I played through the first time... Maybe I just can't stand Revan fanboys.

Revan is an interesting enough character, but nothing compared to the Exile... Actually though, until K2 came along and gave Revan the "he was always working for the good of the galaxy" part of his motivations, Revan was flat out boring.

:shifty:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

my reasons are main reason for saying so is the fact that everyone has a different view of the exile (man or woman... light or dark...).

Unlike Revan? :huh:

i know someone said that the people who make the game could make it work out by giving the player options relating to the sex of the exile and to the stance of the exile (light or dark). well... that means more work for the people who make the game and i honestly think it would be a pain in the ass at the beginning of the game to have to set every character to your liking (revan and the exile). i don't mind the idea of making your own character... in fact!!!!... that was one of the most fun things about the swkotor games.

Again, this is just as much an argument against Revan as against the exile. Did Revan's alignment from K1 matter to what role he/she played and had gone in TSL? No. The same will be true of Revan in K3 and is actually even more appropriate for the exile, given that there is very little difference in where the character ends up at the end of the game regardless of LS/DS choice. LS choice: Revan needs you, go and help him. DS choice: Revan needs help, you can go yourself now or you can stay on Malachor V showing others the way before you go yourself later. Plotwise not a lot of difference IMHO. K1 had far, far more different LS and DS endings for Revan.

another reason the exile probably wouldn't work is because... without the exile's friends... wouldn't you be useless? i couldn't see the exile working out but... revan... yes! my reasons are:

1. revan is kick ass!

Exile kicked way more and had people taking numbers by the end of TSL. Revan's alleged abilities are mostly in the minds of fanboys. He was a powerful jedi, sure, and a excellent strategist, according the mandalorians, but there is nothing to confirm him as the ultimate force-god that some people seem to perceive him to be. Besides, if LA wanted it, Revan could be killed by a pack of gizka.

2. the makers of the game know that in k3 they have to bring revan back into the picture.

Yes, but no more so than the exile.

3. revan wears a mask all the time so... no having to make his character's face and everything (he/ she is just the character that does whatever the hell he/she wants).

What, the exile cannot wear a mask? I certainly remember the exile getting a mask in TSL :shifty:

4. revan kicks ass!!!

:ermm:

here's an idea (i just like to throw ideas out there)... the story could be about revan's apprentice (maybe he'll take a new one on in sith space). likely or no... you choose...

does anyone else have any cool ideas on what the k3 story line could be about? :sorcerer::lol::ermm::brows::bat:o:):*:x:o:):shifty:-_-

Yes... though only in theory :shifty:

the revan apprentice thing would also kick the having to level revan up again thing out of the picture (since you're the one learning from him). in k3 i would love to be able to play with revan at one point in the game (even if it's two seconds). the revan intro things is very possible... i could see that happening. :)

The idea of a jedi of mandalorian origin is not new. Indeed, we already had one in TSL if you trained Mira. It's been speculated about before, but there should be a better plot reason for it than "OMG, Mandalorians kick ass, so a Mandalorian Jedi must ROXXR!!!" (sorry, not quite into all that jargon). If there is a plot reason, why not. I've yet to see one that looked compelling to me, though. Indeed, playing the son or daughter (gender choice) of Saul Karath or such would seem far more intereresting IMHO.

my reasons are main reason for saying so is the fact that everyone has a different view of the exile (man or woman... light or dark...).

Unlike Revan? o:)

i know someone said that the people who make the game could make it work out by giving the player options relating to the sex of the exile and to the stance of the exile (light or dark). well... that means more work for the people who make the game and i honestly think it would be a pain in the ass at the beginning of the game to have to set every character to your liking (revan and the exile). i don't mind the idea of making your own character... in fact!!!!... that was one of the most fun things about the swkotor games.

Again, this is just as much an argument against Revan as against the exile. Did Revan's alignment from K1 matter to what role he/she played and had gone in TSL? No. The same will be true of Revan in K3 and is actually even more appropriate for the exile, given that there is very little difference in where the character ends up at the end of the game regardless of LS/DS choice. LS choice: Revan needs you, go and help him. DS choice: Revan needs help, you can go yourself now or you can stay on Malachor V showing others the way before you go yourself later. Plotwise not a lot of difference IMHO. K1 had far, far more different LS and DS endings for Revan.

another reason the exile probably wouldn't work is because... without the exile's friends... wouldn't you be useless? i couldn't see the exile working out but... revan... yes! my reasons are:

1. revan is kick ass!

Exile kicked way more and had people taking numbers by the end of TSL. Revan's alleged abilities are mostly in the minds of fanboys. He was a powerful jedi, sure, and a excellent strategist, according the mandalorians, but there is nothing to confirm him as the ultimate force-god that some people seem to perceive him to be. Besides, if LA wanted it, Revan could be killed by a pack of gizka.

Yes, but no more so than the exile.

What, the exile cannot wear a mask? I certainly remember the exile getting a mask in TSL :shifty:

4. revan kicks ass!!!

:ermm:

does anyone else have any cool ideas on what the k3 story line could be about? :sorcerer::lol::ermm::brows::huh:-_-:o:x:o:):shifty::)

Yes... though only in theory :shifty:

the revan apprentice thing would also kick the having to level revan up again thing out of the picture (since you're the one learning from him). in k3 i would love to be able to play with revan at one point in the game (even if it's two seconds). the revan intro things is very possible... i could see that happening. :*

The idea of a jedi of mandalorian origin is not new. Indeed, we already had one in TSL if you trained Mira. It's been speculated about before, but there should be a better plot reason for it than "OMG, Mandalorians kick ass, so a Mandalorian Jedi must ROXXR!!!" (sorry, not quite into all that jargon). If there is a plot reason, why not. I've yet to see one that looked compelling to me, though. Indeed, playing the son or daughter (gender choice) of Saul Karath or such would seem far more intereresting IMHO.

revan wears the mask all the time. that eliminates gender and the LS/DS. i know that revans LS/DS stance means nothing! revan does whatever revan thinks is best. i would like to point out that in k2... the DS choice results in you staying (it doesn't say anything about you going later!). you either went or you didn't. i agree that revans fate rests with LA. don't get me wrong... i like the exile way more than revan. k2 kicked k1's ass. what mask?? i've never seen the exile with a mask (besides the ones I PUT ON HIS FACE!!). lol. i know the mandalorian jedi wasn't a new idea. mira wasn't even truly mandalorian. she was a slave to mandalorians (there's the difference). saul karath got his ass killed! as far as i know, i've never heard anything about him having children! i'm not a revan fanboy. i agree. revan was a powerful jedi/sith nothing more. it's the fact that he showed so much foresight in his conquest is the reason he appeals to me (also for his knowledge of the sith). you got anymore??? BRING IT ON!!!!! lol. jk. :bat::x

revan wears the mask all the time.

Ehm, except throughout all of K1?

that eliminates gender and the LS/DS. i know that revans LS/DS stance means nothing! revan does whatever revan thinks is best.

LS/DS is "eliminated" by the common stance against the true Sith (whoever they are), because they are either a threat to the Republic that LS Revan must stop or else a threat of DS Revan's dream of an empire. But the same is just as true for the exile.

As for mask, sure, you can fix the gender/appearance by having both Revan and exile wear masks, but why bother? How many different faces do you have for Revan in K1 and exile in TSL to choose from? And they all worked out just fine, even though that's probably the most seen face in each game. It's a total nonissue. Voice is actually more challenging, but not really a problem - TSL has lots of cut Traya dialogue by both Kreia and Atris, depeding on who turned out to be Traya in the originally planned plot. So having both male and female alternatives for both Revan and exile is not really a major problem. Some argue that exile never spoke in TSL (whereas Revan does make "ready"-comments in K1), but frankly I'd rather have a fixed voice for exile than not have the character speak at all.

i would like to point out that in k2... the DS choice results in you staying (it doesn't say anything about you going later!). you either went or you didn't.

Kreia: "Instead, I remained here... and now show others the way.But the way lies past me. If you wish to go, then you need to stop me.It is your choice. I had hoped you would follow Revan's path, but you and Revan are... different, and your path is your own.You may take one of the ships that orbit Malachor and depart this place. Or you may remain here on Malachor, and wait for the others, those touched by the Force, who will come in time.Or you may return to your exile, where your presence will no longer affect the actions of others. There is no dishonor in any of these choices... I only ask that you make the choice without regret."

i agree that revans fate rests with LA. don't get me wrong... i like the exile way more than revan. k2 kicked k1's ass. what mask?? i've never seen the exile with a mask (besides the ones I PUT ON HIS FACE!!). lol.

Well, I'll admit getting that mask is optional and only if you don't sacrifice Visas.

i know the mandalorian jedi wasn't a new idea. mira wasn't even truly mandalorian. she was a slave to mandalorians (there's the difference).

Obviously she was human, but are there even any of the Mandalorian species left? Didn't seem so to me. Besides, Mira tells the exile she is of mandalorian descent. A slave? Sure, but all the neo-mandalorians were until they decided to join. That's true of all mandalorians we've seen taking their masks off in the games, though I'll admit those numbers are few.

saul karath got his ass killed! as far as i know, i've never heard anything about him having children!

We didn't, which is why exploring that is a viable option.

i'm not a revan fanboy.

Didn't say you were. That comment was not directed at you. But there are fanboys out there who have a very exaggerated opinion of just how powerful Revan was and is.

i agree. revan was a powerful jedi/sith nothing more. it's the fact that he showed so much foresight in his conquest is the reason he appeals to me (also for his knowledge of the sith). you got anymore??? BRING IT ON!!!!! lol. jk. :sorcerer::shifty:

Satisfied?

Is this the wrong place to mention that I really can't stand Revan?

Ok... maybe that's not right... I liked Revan when I played through the first time... Maybe I just can't stand Revan fanboys.

Revan is an interesting enough character, but nothing compared to the Exile... Actually though, until K2 came along and gave Revan the "he was always working for the good of the galaxy" part of his motivations, Revan was flat out boring.

:shrugz:

Im intrugued by your post, are you mad that canon says he is a man? :)

And I would love to learn more about Revan and Exile in terms of childhood and stuff like that.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Im intrugued by your post, are you mad that canon says he is a man? :shrugz:

And I would love to learn more about Revan and Exile in terms of childhood and stuff like that.

Nope, not at all. I'll be the first to admit that the whole K1 story works a lot better with Revan as a guy.... even if I never could stand Bastila (blech). Perhaps I'm being too harsh, really. I liked the first game enough that I immediately went out and bought the second. It's just that in the three years since I first played K1, it's story is... *yawn* but the K2 story still keeps me interested. Why? Probably a lot of it has to do with K2's cliffhanger ending, all the unfinished subplots and the incredible depth that Kreia added to the nature of the force.

It would be great to learn more about Revan & the Exile's past... sort of... You just have to remember that these are Player Characters. Their past is what YOU as a player want them to be. In my stories, I have two completely different Exiles with different pasts and different motivations as well as two completely different Revans. That's what is so great about an RPG, the characters can be whatever you want them to be and that adds a much greater depth to the story in general.

If LucasArts ever decides to canonize more of the K1 & K2 stories, I'll probably be the first in line to buy it, play it or read it, but until then, I'll keep reading the stories that the players have come up with. It's fascinating to see how a fairly talented writer can take a story you thought you knew and twist it and bring the characters to life.

I hope that whatever K3 winds up being, they don't completely throw out the PC aspects of Revan and the Exile. I really like the idea of playing a level or two as them to "set" their background and think that would be a great way to include them in the story, but leave them in the players hands.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

revan wears the mask all the time.

Ehm, except throughout all of K1?

that eliminates gender and the LS/DS. i know that revans LS/DS stance means nothing! revan does whatever revan thinks is best.

LS/DS is "eliminated" by the common stance against the true Sith (whoever they are), because they are either a threat to the Republic that LS Revan must stop or else a threat of DS Revan's dream of an empire. But the same is just as true for the exile.

As for mask, sure, you can fix the gender/appearance by having both Revan and exile wear masks, but why bother? How many different faces do you have for Revan in K1 and exile in TSL to choose from? And they all worked out just fine, even though that's probably the most seen face in each game. It's a total nonissue. Voice is actually more challenging, but not really a problem - TSL has lots of cut Traya dialogue by both Kreia and Atris, depeding on who turned out to be Traya in the originally planned plot. So having both male and female alternatives for both Revan and exile is not really a major problem. Some argue that exile never spoke in TSL (whereas Revan does make "ready"-comments in K1), but frankly I'd rather have a fixed voice for exile than not have the character speak at all.

i would like to point out that in k2... the DS choice results in you staying (it doesn't say anything about you going later!). you either went or you didn't.

Kreia: "Instead, I remained here... and now show others the way.But the way lies past me. If you wish to go, then you need to stop me.It is your choice. I had hoped you would follow Revan's path, but you and Revan are... different, and your path is your own.You may take one of the ships that orbit Malachor and depart this place. Or you may remain here on Malachor, and wait for the others, those touched by the Force, who will come in time.Or you may return to your exile, where your presence will no longer affect the actions of others. There is no dishonor in any of these choices... I only ask that you make the choice without regret."

i agree that revans fate rests with LA. don't get me wrong... i like the exile way more than revan. k2 kicked k1's ass. what mask?? i've never seen the exile with a mask (besides the ones I PUT ON HIS FACE!!). lol.

Well, I'll admit getting that mask is optional and only if you don't sacrifice Visas.

i know the mandalorian jedi wasn't a new idea. mira wasn't even truly mandalorian. she was a slave to mandalorians (there's the difference).

Obviously she was human, but are there even any of the Mandalorian species left? Didn't seem so to me. Besides, Mira tells the exile she is of mandalorian descent. A slave? Sure, but all the neo-mandalorians were until they decided to join. That's true of all mandalorians we've seen taking their masks off in the games, though I'll admit those numbers are few.

saul karath got his ass killed! as far as i know, i've never heard anything about him having children!

We didn't, which is why exploring that is a viable option.

i'm not a revan fanboy.

Didn't say you were. That comment was not directed at you. But there are fanboys out there who have a very exaggerated opinion of just how powerful Revan was and is.

i agree. revan was a powerful jedi/sith nothing more. it's the fact that he showed so much foresight in his conquest is the reason he appeals to me (also for his knowledge of the sith). you got anymore??? BRING IT ON!!!!! lol. jk. :(:)

Satisfied?

k1 aside...

i totally agree with the "common alliance against the true sith eliminates LS/DS differences. ok =)

you're sort of right on the revan/exile voice issue. why not have "darth vader voice" (robotic)?

kreia gives you three choices.

1. leave malachor V (and probably go look for revan).

2. stay on malachor V and help others find the way.

3. continue your exile (where ever).

yeah... about the mask thing... you couldn't put it on (even if you did get it).

mira being of mandalorian descent...? i'll have to check back with you on that one...

what you say about saul karath is true... but... why saul karath?? why not carth's child or bastilla and revan's love child? whatever... the whole star wars love story thing was never my favorite parts (although... it does play a huge part in the story).

satisfied???? not in the least... jk. :lol:

i acknowledge revan for what he truly was... a plain old jedi/sith. i admire him because he does what he thinks is best. he's whatever he needs to be to accomplish his ends. you must admit though... revan was truly a powerful jedi/sith. kreia said that when she looked at him she said it was like looking into the heart of the force. i do hate all those people (revan fanboys as you call them) who look at revan like he's some sort of god. i would like to learn about revan's and the exile's childhood. i wouldn't want an entire game about it though!!

Edited by UnknownRegions

Mayby i'm wrong here but didn't Revan stay in charge of the sith fleet if you ended, but in K2 he was gone to the true sith and bastilla left a holocron. Did you notice the starforge was still there? No because it wasn't important for the story.

I'm saying this because they could do the same for the exile, because yes the dark side end you see him in the core but do you know he stays there? no because that's what K3 has to make clear.

So I still go for the first level with Revan and/or exile to make everything clear.