KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 25

Actually on some level i do believe George has some input. I remember watching a dev diary on the force unleashed and all their main ideas had to be passed by lucas himself before they could continue into design. I mean after that he's basically out of the loop becuase he's too busy counting his money but still he has a pretty major impact.

They did ask him for some input on Force Unleashed, but that's mostly things which have to do with continuity and stuff like that. It's mostly because the game is playing between the two trilogies, I doubt that they would have asked him for input if the game was supposed to play during the time of KOTOR.

LucasArts has its own management, which decides what kind of games are produced. A decision about KOTOR III would have nothing to do with Lucas, because Lucas is busy producing movies and tv-shows.

Read before closing the thread: This is not a "PLEASE MAKE A KOTOR III thread" this is simply a thread on speculation on whether or not KOTOR I and KOTOR II are merely 1/5 of the true story arc we have been following along.

After watching numerous character encounters and events on YouTube, I've pieced together the theory that both KOTOR and KOTOR II were leading up to a mind-blowing third game. Star Wars is done in Trilogies after all :D.

Carth says that Revan thought something was behind the Mandalorian assault on the Republic, something in secret/hiding and something TRULY EVIL and he wished to Protect the Republic (With him either being DS or LS, thats saying something).

We haven't heard anything about the so called "True Sith" that lay in the Unkown Regions. And the Reason we never hear of them and they were never heard of by the time of hte movies might be due to Revan and the Exile teaming up against this threat.

Theory about the story of KOTOR III: Revan, the Exile, T3-M4, and HK-47 (Big maybe on Bastila) are going to fight their way through a Sith empire (Not the Sith you think of, the Sith Race --- Wookieepedia it if you aren't knowledgeable on such things).

I think the ending of the game we will see the Death of Revan and the Exile, them sacrificing themselves in order to ensure that the rest of the Galaxy never has to encounter this truly evil menace hiding in the shadows.... and it will end with not one person in the known regions knowing about what transpired. Not even your former allies/friends/loved ones.

One problem: Who will you play as? An entirely new character... I think you will pick between Revan or the Exile.

Edited by Albion72

Jediphile, when has their ever been a wookie jedi/sith? I don't really know anything about Star Wars EU( aside from a few video games) so help me out here.

Dark Wastl, I'm pretty sure that anything story based concerning Star Wars has to be run by George Lucas, not just movie timeframe stuff.

Jediphile, when has their ever been a wookie jedi/sith? I don't really know anything about Star Wars EU( aside from a few video games) so help me out here.

Dark Wastl, I'm pretty sure that anything story based concerning Star Wars has to be run by George Lucas, not just movie timeframe stuff.

No he was talking about my post. For the force unleashed the team toyed with the idea of having the main character be a (dark side) wookie but Lucas pointed out that how are you going to have a main character who can't even speak.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Seeing how he has absolutely nothing to do with the decisions made by LucasArts, I can't see how he played his cards wrong :(

Sorry to seem like an ass.. but are you a complete dumb ass? George owns Lucas Arts... hes made many statements on the franchise aswell.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Tyvokka

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

No he was talking about my post. For the force unleashed the team toyed with the idea of having the main character be a (dark side) wookie but Lucas pointed out that how are you going to have a main character who can't even speak.

I've played several games where the main character didn't speak.

link_enfant_choix.jpg

But besides, Wookiees speak all the time... :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Sorry to seem like an ass.. but are you a complete dumb ass? George owns Lucas Arts... hes made many statements on the franchise aswell.

Well, are you?

Just because someone owns something doesn't mean that he is involved in everything that is done.

Bill Gates isn't developing software for Microsoft, just like the owners of Walmart, IKEA or any other billionaire don't have anything to do with the business of local parts of the company.

Lucas is a film-maker, he produces movies, not to mention that he is father of three children, he has no time to lead companies like LucasArts, ILM or Skywalker Sound. Every sub-company has its own management which makes the decisions. Above them, is another management which makes sure that all the managements of the sub-companies are doing their job properly.

That is a fact. Just because Lucas gets involved in certain production circles which require the word of the creator of Star Wars, doesn't mean that he is involved in day-to-day business. Why do you think these people are around, because Lucas likes to throw money at people while he is doing their job? :)

What kind of movies ILM and Skywalker Sound are working on, and which games LucasArts is working on, is decided by themselves. The president of LucasArts decides how to handle the franchises they have. He decides what kind of release schedule they want to have (see the change from many games to just one big game per year that they were talking about), whether they are producing in-house or outsourcing the material, and which games have a high priority.

Edited by Dark Wastl

Not sure whether this would still be considered a spoiler, but just to be sure...

**SPOILERS**

I know Darth nihilus 'supposedly' died during KOTOR II, but I think it'd viable, and also rather cool, if he returned as the main villain of no. 3. He was definately the best character aspect of KOTOR II and was frustrated when he died first of the other two, decidely lesser, Sith lords. Surely with his unique power he could have somehow overcome his physical death? And it would certainly be a plot twist to see hints about a darker prescence than the true Sith and even Revan, only to find out it's Nihilus. Besides, a lightsaber duel between Revan and Nihilus would be the coolest thing to grace the Star Wars games franchise since ever!

Not sure whether this would still be considered a spoiler, but just to be sure...

**SPOILERS**

I know Darth nihilus 'supposedly' died during KOTOR II, but I think it'd viable, and also rather cool, if he returned as the main villain of no. 3. He was definately the best character aspect of KOTOR II and was frustrated when he died first of the other two, decidely lesser, Sith lords. Surely with his unique power he could have somehow overcome his physical death? And it would certainly be a plot twist to see hints about a darker prescence than the true Sith and even Revan, only to find out it's Nihilus. Besides, a lightsaber duel between Revan and Nihilus would be the coolest thing to grace the Star Wars games franchise since ever!

Way ahead of you :sweat:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...5628&st=467

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=177894

EDIT: Oh, those should be marked "potential K3 spoilers" btw - I don't claim to know what will happen in K3, but Avellone subsequently stated things that definitely lended more support than speak against the above speculation.

Edited by Jediphile

Hey all. I'm new here, the only reason i got an account here was to contribute to this thread specifically.

I just finished KOTOR 2 and when I finally did, I couldn't help but remember the talk about Freedon Nadd on the Dxun Onderon assault. What if you had the chance to be the great Jedi that defeated one of the most feared sith in history? I was thinking that you would start out as his sith apprentice, when put in charge of a fleet heading to Onderon, preparing for a beginning minor assault. There, you would encounter a Jedi Master that insisted on converting you to becoming a Jedi once again (this was before the Sith and the Jedi started to wage war on beliefs, whereas Freedon Nadd was to start this tradition with the assault on Onderon, hungering power irresistably, the forefather of true Sith brutality.) When your character is listening to the Jedi, Master Frall Gren, intrigued by his supreme knowledge, Freedon Nadd pulls back his troops, aware of your shift in the force, and abandons you on Onderon. There, you learn your main mission in the game: if you are DS, you will seek revenge on Freedon Nadd and hunt him down and kill him, and take over command of the Sith academy on Korriban. If LS, you will confront Freedon Nadd and be forced to kill him, and take over the Sith academy on Korriban, converting as many Sith as you can to Jedi. Either way, you will end up on a large cargo ship that you buy at the end of Onderon, bringing along Frall Gren in search of Freedon Nadd. You will finish missions on several planets, each one ending with you getting a datapad containing four more numbers in a sixteen number sequence used to deactivate a force field blocking entrance into a planet called Maralaa, the hinted haven for Nadd, and a character will come into your party from each planet, aiding with your quest in some way (work the kinks obsidian :* ). i also approve of Yavin 4 again, being a great source for weapons, except this time the items are extremely expensive according to importance, and completing planetary missions will help obtain more credits. After completing all these planets, you will arrive with the code and attack the heart of Maralaa, and killing Freedon Nadd. When defeating him, you will get Force Precision, allowing you to manipulate the force itself by using it as an unavoidable sword or dagger, like using force wave, but in the shape of a sharp, piercing form, deadly to multiple enemies. You carefully mummify him and place him in a tomb on Onderon. Afterward, if DS, you take charge of the Sith academy on Korriban and start a full-fledged hunt on Jedi with your sith army, now loyal to your command, taking over Dantooine and killing Frall Gren. At the very end of the DS story, the sith take control of almost all of the galaxy, killing many Jedi along the way, and your apprentice, unknown, kills you at the end, ending your reign. If LS, you go to Korriban to enlighten the sith of the Jedi ways and convert them back to the LS. You use your republic army, provided to you by the Jedi Counsel, to drive back the attempt of a sith invasion on Dantooine. At the very end of the LS story, Frall Gren dies amongst the fighting, and you become a member of the jedi counsel, agreeing to leave Korriban alone, and not to force change among the dying sith.

And, either LS or DS, your last sight of the game is your character starting the construction of the star forge. :o

Well, make sure you comment. I dont know much about the Star Wars universe, so alot might be conflicting, but i will never actually take the time to read all that stuff anyway. :deadhorse:

Unlimited time, 300 points, Free for All, Countdown...

and my Red Tiger Camo M40A3

Nowhere is safe now...

Guest The Architect

Jediphile's KotOR3 storyline is easily the best one I've heard, although I'd throw in Carth, even if Revan is set to DS, to make the little Bastila/Carth affair accusation plot work, but mainly just to use as an opportunity for male players to kill him. :deadhorse: A little party member canonisation as a sacrifice to make way for non-canonisation of Revan & the Exile is fair game.

It does seem a little odd for LS Revan to get consumed by the dark side to a degree that the plan to buy allies time turns into a plan to conquer the galaxy and rule as Dark Lord, but LS Exile being consumed by the dark side post-sacrifice is plausible since the Exile hasn't experienced it before.

I was thinking this way there would be a Revan/Exile confrontation regardless of what alignment you set them to, with late intervention from the PC determining the winner, with the PC possibly killing a weakened Revan/Exile depending on the aim of the player.

One thing I can't work out with your plot though, Jediphile, is why there's Sith data/coordinates on Sleheyron & Myrkr. I'd love to see those planets in KotOR3, but it seems odd that data leading to the whereabouts of a strong fleet within the True Sith empire happens to be on those planets.

Also I'd play down on Nihilus2's ability to consume worlds, since if he had that kind of ability, why didn't Revan just send him to destroy the core worlds of the True Sith with that power? Because he wouldn't be isolated enough to successfully use that kind of power without intervention, or because his power isn't strong enough to do that?

Edited by The Architect

One thing I can't work out with your plot though, Jediphile, is why there's Sith data/coordinates on Sleheyron & Myrkr. I'd love to see those planets in KotOR3, but it seems odd that data leading to the whereabouts of a strong fleet within the True Sith empire happens to be on those planets.

I would like to see those planets in K3, so I just invented a reason to go there, arguing that they got ships and supplies from the Hutts on Sleheyron and used the Myrkr as a staging ground with the support of Czerka who had a hidden base of operations there. Hence there would be clues to where they came from on both worlds. But you're right that they could easily be replaced or cut from the plot.

Also I'd play down on Nihilus2's ability to consume worlds, since if he had that kind of ability, why didn't Revan just send him to destroy the core worlds of the True Sith with that power? Because he wouldn't be isolated enough to successfully use that kind of power without intervention, or because his power isn't strong enough to do that?

Because Revan wants to rule those worlds, not destroy them. "A true victory is to make your enemy realise he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." :lol:

Revan is hungry for power, and he is confident enough that he thinks he can get there without having to shred part of the empire he hopes to rule in order to get to sit on the throne. He might have "Nihilus" destroy one or two worlds just to demonstrate their power, though, mirroring the threat of the Death Star in the original movie.

But sure, cutting back on the power of "Nihilus" would not harm the plot.

Guest The Architect
I would like to see those planets in K3, so I just invented a reason to go there, arguing that they got ships and supplies from the Hutts on Sleheyron and used the Myrkr as a staging ground with the support of Czerka who had a hidden base of operations there. Hence there would be clues to where they came from on both worlds. But you're right that they could easily be replaced or cut from the plot.

Perhaps in order to secretly infiltrate Alderaan and knock off those soft ass, pacifist leaders of Alderaan, like the Sith assassins do in your plot, they had to get stealthy, undetectable ships and supplies from Sleheyron {that covers your ships/supplies suggestion} and in order to identify who the "anti-war" tree hugging galactic politicians are, they had to get intelligence information from Czerka's "hidden base of operations", who help them infiltrate Alderaan by telling them about the equipment on Sleheyron.

What could happen is, in the fight on Alderaan the group could capture a Sith, and successfully break their will, spilling the beans about Czerka but keeping quiet about Sleheyron, so you go to Myrkr first to find out what they did in their cooperation with the Sith, then go to Sleheyron to gather the Nihilus2 Sith fleet coordinates the Hutts more than likely secretly sliced from the original Sith ships they came to Sleheyron with, and uploaded onto their databases.

In other words I think your plot suggestion would work much better if the group went to Myrkr first, then to Sleheyron, because I don't see why the Sith would leave anything indicating their whereabouts on Myrkr, nor do I think Czerka would be bold enough to try to steal any data from them, but I can see the Hutts doing it, and if you went to Sleheyron first up and got the data, there would be no need to go to Myrkr.

Because Revan wants to rule those worlds, not destroy them. "A true victory is to make your enemy realise he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." :)

Revan is hungry for power, and he is confident enough that he thinks he can get there without having to shred part of the empire he hopes to rule in order to get to sit on the throne. He might have "Nihilus" destroy one or two worlds just to demonstrate their power, though, mirroring the threat of the Death Star in the original movie.

But sure, cutting back on the power of "Nihilus" would not harm the plot.

Congratulations on unintentionally making me look like an idiot. :lol:

Which means I'll have to eliminate you and everyone else who reads this, to uphold a positive reputation... :) But then I'd have to eliminate everyone who finds out who the Obsidian genocide master was. Hmm, looks like I'll be in for a busy year then. :shifty:

It'd be nice for Nihilus2 to knock off a couple other enemy Sith worlds. They can't all be useful. :shifty: And all good things come in 3's, plus it'll help portray an image that the Sith empire is no little grain of sand that'll get brushed aside by the wind, or rather, the Jedi... as usual. :shifty:

Edited by The Architect

That's one of the best story line ideas I've heard for KOTOR 3 and I really like the Nihilious theory you have and how much you found to support it. You Win.

Yeah, he had a cool mask, what more do you need to have a dynamic character that fans can't get enough of?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

yeah, insanely good looking wouldn't wear all that well with the traditions of the Sith Lords, good point Archie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

wouldn't it just be easier to say that a true sith lord got shot down over Myrkr and couldn't survive in the jungle (due to the fact force powers don't work there) and now regular army troops are searching through the jungle to find his body and hopefully recover the intelligence that he had on him?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest The Architect

No, because the Sith-Czeka cooperation wouldn't happen then, which would eliminate Sleheyron from the plot and the idea that the Sith assassins couldn't successfully infiltrate Alderaan and assassinate the galactic political leaders they want out of the equation so there would be no hesitancy from the Republic to go to all out war when the victorious True Sith army of the True Sith civil war begins their invasion of Republic space.

Edited by The Architect

Perhaps in order to secretly infiltrate Alderaan and knock off those soft ass, pacifist leaders of Alderaan, like the Sith assassins do in your plot, they had to get stealthy, undetectable ships and supplies from Sleheyron {that covers your ships/supplies suggestion} and in order to identify who the "anti-war" tree hugging galactic politicians are, they had to get intelligence information from Czerka's "hidden base of operations", who help them infiltrate Alderaan by telling them about the equipment on Sleheyron.

I didn't think stealth ships so much as republic ships. The true Sith are far away in the unknown regions, so they have little or no specific information about the goings-on in the Republic. I mean, since they allegedly staged the Mandalorian Wars, they do know something about the republic, but it would not be very specific or current information. Besides, their ships would be easily identifiable as alien. So they'd seek out more nefarious groups working within or near the republic, like Czerka or the Hutts, to acquire both information about current events in the republic as well as ships that don't arouse suspicion.

What could happen is, in the fight on Alderaan the group could capture a Sith, and successfully break their will, spilling the beans about Czerka but keeping quiet about Sleheyron, so you go to Myrkr first to find out what they did in their cooperation with the Sith, then go to Sleheyron to gather the Nihilus2 Sith fleet coordinates the Hutts more than likely secretly sliced from the original Sith ships they came to Sleheyron with, and uploaded onto their databases.

In other words I think your plot suggestion would work much better if the group went to Myrkr first, then to Sleheyron, because I don't see why the Sith would leave anything indicating their whereabouts on Myrkr, nor do I think Czerka would be bold enough to try to steal any data from them, but I can see the Hutts doing it, and if you went to Sleheyron first up and got the data, there would be no need to go to Myrkr.

My original idea was to find sith ships on both worlds that had information stored, only it was either missing bits (on Myrkr) or it was encrypted (on Sleheyron), so you'd need both to use the incomplete but unencrypted information to decode the complete but encrypted information. Once did that having completed both worlds, you could pinpoint the location of Nihilus2's fleet.

But I see no fault with your logic. It's just as viable if not more so.

Congratulations on unintentionally making me look like an idiot. :lol:

Which means I'll have to eliminate you and everyone else who reads this, to uphold a positive reputation... :wowey: But then I'd have to eliminate everyone who finds out who the Obsidian genocide master was. Hmm, looks like I'll be in for a busy year then. :cat:

Good thing you don't know where I live... -_-

It'd be nice for Nihilus2 to knock off a couple other enemy Sith worlds. They can't all be useful. -_- And all good things come in 3's, plus it'll help portray an image that the Sith empire is no little grain of sand that'll get brushed aside by the wind, or rather, the Jedi... as usual. :shifty:

Actually, I did let Nihilus2 destroy one world in my plot, and it needed to happen for the plot to begin, since the jedi would sense it and think "uh-oh - Nihilus is back somehow - we must leave Coruscant before what happened on Katarr happens here". For some reason I always envisioned that doomed world to be Vjun, perhaps because I like the idea that the world where Vader later has his castle is arid because Nihilus devastated it. Don't know much about its history, though, so it might not even be possible. But I can still like the idea, right :)