So are you going to buy Mass Effect PC ?

Will you buy it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Mass Effect PC

• Yes, Ill probably get it
    • Yes, Ill get it even though Ive already got it for the 360
    • No, Im not interested
    • No, Ive already got the 360 version
    • No, my PC isnt good enough
    • No, I cant afford it
    • No, I will download a pirated copy for free

Mass Effect will be comming out for the PC on June 5th, and I was just wondering what people are planning. Its kind of a smallscale investigation as to why some multi-platform games sell less copies of the PC version. Is it because people dont want to wait? Is it piracy? Is it because they cant afford a gaming PC? This poll is multiple choice so you can click everything that applies to you.

Personally, I would like to get it because the PC version is going to be alot better, prettier and feature proper controls (also in order to support PC gaming) but Ive got the 360 version so its a bit much to spend 500kr(USD 84) on a game I already own. Even if its among the most awesome games Ive ever played.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I can't afford it right now, having spent quite some money in games for the past few weeks. However, at some point I guess I'm going to give it a go. I'll probably find it competent in a bland way.

Generally, I'd be more excited if I still cared about Bioware's RPGs, and from what I have read this sounds like a repeat of the things I didn't like in Bioware's previous games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I like the fact that the Euro version will be multilingual. The game ships on 2 DVDs, 1 DVD the game + English VO, the second for French, Italian and German VO. Very wise decision.

Im very much against localization myself. Its very expensive, unnescessary and takes a long time to do. Non-english speakers shoud consider themselves spoilt rotten if they got as much as poorly translated subtitles.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'll be buying it. Haven't bought any new games for a while, so I'm kinda looking forward to having something new to play. I'll probably hold off a week just to see if the pc version is buggy and if so, how much. I don't mind a few small bugs but if there are any major problems I won't buy it until a patch is released first. Given that it has already been released, one woud think the bugs would be minimal, but you never know.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I like the fact that the Euro version will be multilingual. The game ships on 2 DVDs, 1 DVD the game + English VO, the second for French, Italian and German VO. Very wise decision.

Im very much against localization myself. Its very expensive, unnescessary and takes a long time to do. Non-english speakers shoud consider themselves spoilt rotten if they got as much as poorly translated subtitles.

But there're always enough illiterate crybabies out there that insist enjoying the games in their own mother tongue. Personally though, I'd agree that a professionally (internally) done English version should suffice.

Edited by Morgoth

Personally, I'm a fan of subtitles. In my experience, VO is generally awful, and only fit for kids who can't read.

Heja Sverige!!

I might. I have over a dozen games on my plate already and as many books to read. It'll be a choice between finishing off some of what I already have an expanding my collection.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Personally, I'm a fan of subtitles. In my experience, VO is generally awful, and only fit for kids who can't read.

Huh? I've personally found that many game voice actors are extremely skilled. Sure you haven't just been playing awfull games?

I'm buying it a few days after it hits.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I think he's referring to dub actors

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Huh? I've personally found that many game voice actors are extremely skilled. Sure you haven't just been playing awfull games?

Like Xard said, I was actually talking about dubs, not original work.

Heja Sverige!!

Like Xard said, I was actually talking about dubs, not original work.

In that case the entire idea of localization is only fit for people who won't realize that their languages are clinically dead. Subtitles are for children and womenfolk.

I too can be mightily elitist about this.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Moatialliatta, I would be silent about this

You don't (as being american) don't understand just how bad dub can rape product. Be it movie, game or whatever

It is the bloody coc.ky (no I'm not diversing language filter :sorcerer: ) southern europeans. Italians DUB EVERYTHING. No wonder they're not too good at english. Spanish is pretty much same and even French - though for them it is understandable. After all they're french :sorcerer:

It is also very annoying for us other europeans who get their games late because of the stupid localizing process which would be completely unneeded if some people would be able to hop down from their high horses

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I don't know, UI is supposedly better and PC version gets much better inventory

Otherwise they're pretty much same

edit: "UI supposedly better" and "much better inventory" = same thing I guess

Edited by Xard

I don't know, UI is supposedly better and PC version gets much better inventory

Otherwise they're pretty much same

Let's not forget the free DLC and $10 cheaper price tag. So far, it seems that the PC version has all the benefits.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wouldn't mind the German localization of ME, as I already heard it's pretty decent. Still, whenever I have a choice, I prefer English for a American/Canadian product, so that wit and meaning can't get lost through a possible sloppy translation.

Edit: Same vice versa. I wouldn't want to play a Piranha Bytes game in English.

Edited by Morgoth

I wouldn't mind the German localization of ME, as I already heard it's pretty decent. Still, whenever I have a choice, I prefer English for a American/Canadian product, so that wit and meaning can't get lost through a possible sloppy translation.

Edit: Same vice versa. I wouldn't want to play a Piranha Bytes game in English.

Is there a version of Gothic 2 in german with english subtitles somewhere? Because that would be awesome.

Heja Sverige!!

Mass Effect in 1920x1200 with max on everything > 720p with 64mb of texture memory and no FSAA