Fable?

qaz156

I just got a new rig,

I want to supplant my NWN 2 playing with a little change of game.

Is Fable any good?

I DO like the Buzz surrounding Fable 2. I happen to like ambitious developers.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

Me and about three other people on this forum liked it. I think Hurly was one of them.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Why did you like it?

Or should I ask, why did so many people DISLIKE it?

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

At the price its at now its worth it. Just don't buy into the hype. Its a fun, charming action RPG, but nothing groundbreaking.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's a fun little game. It's kind of a combination of an adventure and RPG game. It brought to mind the original Quest for Glory when I played through it. Kind of oddball humor and a lot of common fantasy stuff.

You get to show off a giant bee head and make women swoon.

It's pretty short, about 20 hours, but that's a selling point for me.

Fable? *froths at the mouth*

Aren't the people who dislike it the ones who listened to what Molyneux said? I haven't played it but that is the story I'm getting.

I never heard a word Molyneux said until this year. I played Fable when it came out for PC. I hated it.

The humor is grating. There's basically one joke, but it's repeated constantly, and at the end of every line anyone says to you, 'ero. The entire setting and story was a painfully idiotic extension of this bad joke. The gameplay was little but hack & slash.

As a hack & slash it's decent. Maybe even good if you like hack & slashes. But the painfully bad humor and terrible setting bring it down.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, this game isn't funny, but I can't think of a game I've ever played that I thought, "Wow, this is really funny." Except Grobnar in NWN2. So i don't think humor should be a big selling point of any game, and Fable's is pretty ignorable as with most games.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Fable? *froths at the mouth*

Aren't the people who dislike it the ones who listened to what Molyneux said? I haven't played it but that is the story I'm getting.

I never heard a word Molyneux said until this year. I played Fable when it came out for PC. I hated it.

The humor is grating. There's basically one joke, but it's repeated constantly, and at the end of every line anyone says to you, 'ero. The entire setting and story was a painfully idiotic extension of this bad joke. The gameplay was little but hack & slash.

As a hack & slash it's decent. Maybe even good if you like hack & slashes. But the painfully bad humor and terrible setting bring it down.

Yeah. I guess I should have worded my post so as to allude to the point of it being a reply to this comment:

Or should I ask, why did so many people DISLIKE it?

I'm perfectly aware that it isn't necesarily a game that someone will like. This is actually the reason I haven't bought it yet as I'm waiting for it to fall sufficiently in price till that I'm willing to give it a chance. I wish it were on Steam so that I could buy it in one of those insane "100 games for 2$" packages that they like to make once in a while.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I liked the game enough to play it twice which I rarely do with any type of media. The game definitely needed more content in terms of spells/skills/hero bosses/items and the controls could have been tweaked a bit. I enjoyed the core gameplay mechanics and the graphics were pretty good for xbox along with some good audio. The story isn't anything special but it didn't exactly suck in my opinion either. It's a pretty straight forward linear trying to be non linear action rpg. I would definitely give it a go.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

It's ****ing horribler and ou'rte only abel to run in corridoe4s and follow whatever the game demands you do do.

If yuop can stabd being yold to run along the same corridors ten times then tyou'r gong to lvoe it. Otherwise it's a miss.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fable... I have played the game several times and my general impression is that Peter Molyneux could not have chosen a better name for his project. He created so much hype, including many features that were never implemented -or indeed on the list to be implemented-, that he had to give a formal apology to the masses who were calling for his head on a pike, Essentially, he had created a fable of what Fable would be like, something the game could never surmount no matter how good it actually was. I, personally, did not care for it and was glad that I had only borrowed a friend's copy - but you might with to try it. Just do not expect a great RPG. :yucky:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My reaction to Fable is that it was made by a bunch of really talented and creative people who fundamentally didn't understand the genre they were working in. There's lots of great stuff in Fable, but none of it has anything to do with what makes a good RPG.

Fable... I have played the game several times, did not care for it

haha, a game I 'don't care for' is lucky as hell if it even gets one playthrough.

He said "played the game several times," not "played through the game several times." Usually the inference is right for your assumption, however he might be saying he merely picked up the controller for the game a few times.

Edited by Tale

Fable... I have played the game several times, did not care for it

haha, a game I 'don't care for' is lucky as hell if it even gets one playthrough.

I have not played the entire game several times, just some of it. :yucky:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Fable is a horrible game. But its amazing how Peter Molyneus managd to create not an RPG, but an RPG-simulator. Its like an alien was watching a chef make an omelette, and then tried to make an omelette himself using plastic and chewed paper.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

i liek omlets :lol:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, I didn't like that omelette, it tasted of plastic and paper.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

ewww, I got sick of omelettes in secondary school :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I had an omelette de fromage this morning.

Edited by Tale

my condolences

I never liked it to begin with but being forced to eat that with weird spices three times in few weeks... plus we screwed one up (yes it is possible to screw up omelette, shut up) and had to eat it

Worst trauma of my life

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)