New TV recommendations needed.....

roshan

Burn Notice season 2 starts tomorrow night. Go Bruce Campbell!

Bruce Campbell? Where?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's a burn notice marathon on now that I've been watching since the morning. It's a pretty entertaining show. Thanks for the heads up. :biggrin:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So far the new Venture Bros. have all been ridiculously good, lots of backstory it definitely seems like they're building towards something grand.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

yeah, its totally vag empowering, my sister and mom love it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Bruce Campbell? Where?

Burn Notice. I recommend.

I've never even heard of it. Does anyone know if it's on in the UK?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it's on USA Network... so if you get monk, psych and the closer, then yes. if not, then probably not.

the new episode last night was quite good, IMO. both my wife and i could swear we knew the voice of "carla," and were both totally amazed at what she looked like, i.e., she wasn't who we thought she would be.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i don't watch either so it is hard to say. there is a driving plot: michael got "burned" from the CIA and is now left in miami without any money or job, and his primary focus is to figure out who burned him (basically, he was fired and listed as a security risk). the show is about all the odd "jobs" he does while dealing with the constant surveillance from the FBI along with his attempts find out who burned him. last night was the first encounter he had with the people that are actually pulling his strings, btw.

taks

I would say it's more like House in that each episode has a different set of circumstances, characters and subplot. Burn Notice has a lot more story progression thrown in though becuase each case he gets closer and closer to the truth. I just started watching yesterday and watched about 8 episodes over the course of the day since they were running a marathon. It's a pretty good show and yes the new episode was quite good. I figured that hot chick was the voice right when they showed her. Too much attention pointed to her and when she spoke it was a dead ringer. But I agree I thought she would have been a smokey hot brunette with medium sized cans. Blondes are lame but she'll have to suffice I suppose.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I figured that hot chick was the voice right when they showed her. Too much attention pointed to her and when she spoke it was a dead ringer. But I agree I thought she would have been a smokey hot brunette with medium sized cans. Blondes are lame but she'll have to suffice I suppose.

uh, i meant that we thought we knew which actual actress was playing the part, someone we knew from some other show. we were wrong.

taks

I'm not really into self-contained episodes. I much rather have series with an on-going plot.

well, there IS an ongoing plot, and it really does dominate what is happening in the show, though subtly. each episode, however, centers around the particular job he's doing that ultimately pay for his search for the truth about why he was burned. some of the episodes have more involvement with the central plot in that the "job" is connected with the main plot to begin with. last night was a perfect example of this, btw. the "job" was to help a guy that got screwed by the puppet masters (for lack of a better term, since we don't exactly know who is pulling his strings yet).

taks

Well, it sounds decent, and it has Bruce Campbell. So it's going on my list of must-sees.

-Elwood Blues

• 1 month later...

Heroes season 3 is starting in two weeks. Still haven't seen the second one. Also new season of Dexter coming at the end of September.

Season 4 of Weeds will be finished in two weeks, so I'll be having a marathon then (haven't seen any of it yet).

Anyone seen Generation Kill? Opinions?

Same question for Fringe. But tbh, I'm not that excited about this one.

Heroes season 3 is starting in two weeks. Still haven't seen the second one. Also new season of Dexter coming at the end of September.

Season 4 of Weeds will be finished in two weeks, so I'll be having a marathon then (haven't seen any of it yet).

Same question for Fringe. But tbh, I'm not that excited about this one.

Fringe is brand new.

Gen Kill is very serialized and very... different

Heroes season two just came out on dvd.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I cannot wait for the return of Dexter, Ultimate Fighter, and House. I've also picked up a few shows lately in the mean time, Psych and Monk. I used to catch a glimpse of these shows and scoff from afar but they are actually pretty good. Psyche is actually a really good show considering its on cable tv and actually funny. Mind you it's a silly kind of humor but I like it none the less.

I'm interested in The Fringe and how that will turn out but still basically a rip off of his previous show Heroes just darker and more x files-ish I guess. I suppose I will catch Heroes, Lost, Entourage and a few other shows but they have all either just gotten too crazy and left any semblance of what made them charming in the begining or its just been too long since they've aired or both.

Also looking forward to the Star Wars: Clone Wars cartoon.

I thought it was like most every other HBO show in the fact that it's production values are first rate, acting excellent with interesting and well developed characters, and no commercials! I only watched the first 2 episodes, then talked to a friend who went on to mention, that it gets much more political as the story progresses and I immediately lost interest, I might pick it up again soon.

Really looking forward to the season premiere of the new series True Blood which premieres Sunday, September 7 at 9 pm on HBO. BIG fan of Alan Ball and his work on both Six Feet Under and American Beauty. Not a fan of Vampires in general, so this should be interesting.

Also Season Five of Entourage Premieres Sunday, September 7 at 10 pm. Love, LOVE this show currently catching up on season 4 On Demand. Ari Gold > you

Ari Gold is indeed awesome, especially combined with Lloyd, but otherwise I didn't think season 4 of Entourage was all that.

Dog Day Afternoon still best episode to date, all thanks to Ari and Lloyd.

Edited by Pope