Pictures of your games

Stalker: Clear Sky looks absolutely amazing. Saying it looks like a Quake 2 mod is beyond dumb.

STALKER looks outdated, and it even looks worse on crappy computers, like random_Noob's one. Unless of course Clear Sky actually managed to look worse by default than the original.

There, I mean just look at the washed out Textures:

4.jpg

Edited by Morgoth

Nope, it doesn't. It's just this new internet fad that you have to say "yeah, the graphics suck" at every new game that comes out, as if that would somehow make yourself more important (like some people claim 192kbs MP3 is Youtube quality in the audio circles..). The picture you quoted is taken just before nighttime during bad weather, just before the game goes completely dark. And I really mean dark. I've never seen a game with such a realistic day-and-night cycle before. If you don't have a light during nighttime, you're basically looking at a black screen. I love it.

ss_mattiaskreku_09-29-08_21-29-19_r.jpg

The above was taken during nighttime, using both a flashlight and night vision goggles. Still dark as hell. And scary.

ss_mattiaskreku_09-29-08_23-06-42_h.jpg

During daytime, the game uses HDR lighting, which makes the ground in this picture almost glow from sunlight.

ss_mattiaskreku_09-28-08_21-42-40_y.jpg

During sunrise, everything casts fantastic, realistic shadows. In the background there's an old powerline tower. It's not really visible, but it cast its shadows all over the vast plain. It looked awesome in motion.

ss_mattiaskreku_09-28-08_19-18-48_a.jpg

During sunset, the sky lights up in beautiful colours. Then it goes dark.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Even on this board, people are just like sheep, once a direction has been accepted as good, it is then used as the own point of view. Teh awesome grafix in Stalker are now, or so the general consensus says, lacklustre. You are not going to convince anyone I'm afraid.

I wish I could take Psychonauts Screenshots without an extra tool I always forget to activate before I play...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

STALKER looks outdated
Hahaha

No.

The above was taken during nighttime, using both a flashlight and night vision goggles. Still dark as hell. And scary.
Enemies aren't affected by darkness though, which makes nighttime play kinda pointless.

During sunrise, everything casts fantastic, realistic shadows. In the background there's an old powerline tower. It's not really visible, but it cast its shadows all over the vast plain. It looked awesome in motion.
Yeah, god rays though, are only in effect during sunrise. And they don't warrant the hit in FPS. Not for me at least.

During sunset, the sky lights up in beautiful colours. Then it goes dark.
The skies are some of the best textures in the game, alright. Character faces, not so good.

I've re-installed Jericho - it's a lot more fun than some reviewers said. :ermm:

Well I slogged my way to the end so it can't be anywhere as near as bad as it's been touted to be.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Played the demo and it was underwhelming.

The demo really does not show one of the better parts of the game, although I agree that the game was not scary (the controls are better in the full game, or at least them seemed that way). :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot