Baldur's Gate

Humodour

The avatar art in both BGs was always pretty atrocious

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The ones used in BG1 looked better. BG2's elf avatars were horrid.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Shudder, yeah.

Actually, i've seen worse, but yeah, her fans are the 'actual' problem.

Basically, I wouldn't give a crap, except that she's been shoved down my throat by fanmorons (in both picture and text form) in much the same way that people seem to think that Bastila is somehow an interesting or relevent character but not just limited to 'HOW HOT IS BASTILA?!' threads on one subforum.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

There are fans of Viconia? Ugh. I suppose after Bastila and Aribeth, anything can happen.

But yeah, I would recommend Tutu and BG2Fixpack to *anybody*. Ease-of-Use as well. Because you can select what options to install and what not (go Weimer), you can use them all and still end up with a very purist, 'unmodded' BG2 experience; they're basically patches, and very useful. I can't remember all the nightmares I had of You must gather your party before venturing forth before.

After that, it's all up to individual tastes. Tactics is a must for me, but a few battles I consider to be so artificially beefed up you have to cheese to win (well, I do. I'm pretty good but not very good with IE battles, and I don't plan my builds that much). There are some promising total conversion / new content mods out there too. I remember enjoying Dark Side of the Sword Coast, even if it was a bit munchkin and had low production value. I've been wanting to try Check the Bodies for a long time, but the installation always seems to screw up for me.

Bah, I always had to have Kivan. I dabbled with the other NPC's, but Kivan was always by my side. I just couldn't talk him into my bed. :brows:

Oh, well. There was always Coran. :thumbsup:

Edited by ~Di

Yep, you had to do a lot of run-and-shoot, and pausing. He had such a bloody high AC and THAC0, and he was on some sort of super-crack so he would get like 4 attacks per round. If you stood still to fight him, even with some of the best armour in the game it was chop chop chop chop *miss* (that's you), chop chop chop, game over. Massive magic resistance as well. You just had to stock up on +2 arrows and pepper him from all directions while running around in circles.

That, or abuse the Wand of Summoning.

He can only be hit on a natural 20 as his AC is -17 or some equally ridiculous value. He also has 98% (gotta love AD&D rules) magic res, which makes targeting him with spells kinda pointless. He can be killed, but it's stupidly tedious and it's a fight that can't be won without cheese.

You are NOT meant to be able to overpower him by that point, though. But the way they did it is probably the worst I can think of, short of giving him an "Imoen's Belt" type item...

It's fun to cheat in a Sarevok and have them go at it, tho.

That wasn't by choice, actually. I believe the devs were forced into the silliness because WoTC wasn't happy with allowing you to kill Drizzt and have him remain dead foreva, and for you to keep his stuff. Thus, Harpell implies that he has simply revived Drizzt, and having recovered the loot, Drizzt will continue on as before, no harm done to the canon.

I don't know why they didn't have to do that in BG1, but yeah. That's the price of using these characters, you can't kill Elminster either, can you?

That wasn't by choice, actually. I believe the devs were forced into the silliness because WoTC wasn't happy with allowing you to kill Drizzt and have him remain dead foreva, and for you to keep his stuff. Thus, Harpell implies that he has simply revived Drizzt, and having recovered the loot, Drizzt will continue on as before, no harm done to the canon.

I don't know why they didn't have to do that in BG1, but yeah. That's the price of using these characters, you can't kill Elminster either, can you?

Well, remember how NWN2 characters suddenly became amish in their clothing compared to NWN1... so it isn't rare thing for them to do

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

That's the price of using these characters, you can't kill Elminster either, can you?

Iirc, it's possible with some insane timing and a great deal of luck. If memory serves Elminster can be killed by Cloudkill in BG1. If you get it off at the right time and he fails the save. I've never done it myself though, so I can't say for sure.

Or maybe it was Volo that was only killable through Cloudkill. I think it's one or the other.