Baldur's Gate

Humodour

Fascinating, rn - I tried to continue that TOB game, left Minsc out of the party so that he wouldn't object to Irenicus taking Balthazar's soul. Soona fter, I had the dreamtalk that you mentioned - then, a little bit after that, some real breakthrough (that 'logical battle').

But then a Fallen Solar killed my protagonist, so I'm just hanging in Amkethran now waiting for that talk to fire. I wonder if it's inconsequential and he already has that Balth Soul, or he can sitll abandon that.

I always took Dyn if I took Minsc,...

I always took her because Hale and Cummings are a pretty awesome voice acting duo.

Tigranes remind me of a thief who knows and acknowledges that stealing is wrong and still do it. ;)

Crap. I didn't know Naomi Hunter (and Emma Emmerich) was Dynaheir. Now I might have to start liking her.

Edit: Double Crap, she's also Mazzy. The Halfling. I hate Halflings.

She is also Bastila and Fall from Grace... she is a busy woman :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Crap. I didn't know Naomi Hunter (and Emma Emmerich) was Dynaheir. Now I might have to start liking her.

She is also Bastila and Fall from Grace... she is a busy woman :sweat:

Jennifer Hale is the Grace Kelly of CRPGs. ;)

Jennifer Hale is the female Phil Lamarr.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I always took Dyn if I took Minsc,...

I always took her because Hale and Cummings are a pretty awesome voice acting duo.

Tigranes remind me of a thief who knows and acknowledges that stealing is wrong and still do it. :)

She is also Bastila and Fall from Grace... she is a busy woman :)

Holy crap, I have to pay attention to those characters (Mazzy, Dynaheir, Bastilla) from now on, then. I guess they did have good voice acting. Trust BIS to be the only one to give her a good character, though.

I know I just finished the entire trilogy, but I'm going right back to start it again. :/ I really wasn't satisfied with SCS2, it was a fantastic mod but made the game lag too much, and there are a batch of new mods I want to try.

For BG1 I plan to use the following configuration:

-> BG2 Fixpack

-> BG Trilogy-WeiDu & Tweakpack

-> with Dark Side of the Sword Coast / Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

-> and some quest mods (Grey Clan, Bone Hill, Sirine's Call, Unfinished Business)

-> and the NPC Project, Tutu GUI

Never used Trilogy before, but I assume it'll be sort of like Tutu. Dark Side is a really old mod and pretty amateurish (or at least, that's what I remember from when I tried it in ~2003), but Northern Tales is a new one and that required DS. We'll see.

A NWN2 expansion taking place in the Sword Coast area, not a Baldur's Gate game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If you noticed Krezack said Obz was making sequel to Baldur's Gate 1, not new Baldur's Gate game

That looks like it'll be spiritual successor of sorts

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A NWN2 expansion taking place in the Sword Coast area, not a Baldur's Gate game.

lol facepalm

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've finally made it to Baldur's Gate! This is pretty big for me as I've never played this far into the game before. It's kinda crazy because I've played and completed BG2, just never BG1. Go figure.

Anyways, I don't know if this is a TuTu bug but it won't let me complete the quest that Scar gives you to investigate the missing citizens. I've gone down to the sewers on the east side of the city, found the ogre mage and killed him and his carrion crawler buddies. I go back to Scar and he says something about he'll have someone else investigate it. I did some searching on the net about this quest and I did find an FAQ which said I had to have the ruby ring that was on his corpse, which I looted and had with me when I talked to Scar. So, is this a bug? Am I missing something?

No, I believe you need to go get the OTHER ruby ring thats on the trail of corpses past the ogre mage. They are glued to the wall by carrion vomit or somesuch.

Though you might want to reload to BEFORE you tell Scar.

It's something added by a patch, unfinished business I believe.

Oh, wait I remember. You have to retrieve the royal girl's body on the wall, and she has a ruby ring. I think you need to give both to scar. Her body weights like 150kg so good luck lol.

No, I believe you need to go get the OTHER ruby ring thats on the trail of corpses past the ogre mage. They are glued to the wall by carrion vomit or somesuch.

Though you might want to reload to BEFORE you tell Scar.

It's something added by a patch, unfinished business I believe.

Oh, wait I remember. You have to retrieve the royal girl's body on the wall, and she has a ruby ring. I think you need to give both to scar. Her body weights like 150kg so good luck lol.

Ahh ok, it must be the body because I got 2 ruby rings, one from the ogre mage's corpse and the other off the wall. I'll try and get the body to see if it works. Thanks.

Ok, I went back and loaded an earlier save, before I had accepted the quest from Scar and did the quest completely over again and for some reason it worked this time. Although, I didn't need the body to complete it - just the ruby ring.

Heh. As I recall, you can finish the quest just by frying the ogre mage and his CC's - but you can get extra goodies by giving the ruby ring if you have it on you. Maybe the corpse, too, but I forget.

Heh. As I recall, you can finish the quest just by frying the ogre mage and his CC's - but you can get extra goodies by giving the ruby ring if you have it on you. Maybe the corpse, too, but I forget.

That's true, you can but the first time when I tried to complete the quest, after slaying the ogre mage, the dialogue option wasn't there to complete the quest. Scar said he would get someone else to do it and then told me to meet him outside because he wanted to talk about the Iron Throne. But when I loaded up a previous save and did the quest again, the dialogue option was there to complete the quest --- I have no clue what happned, it was probably bugged the first time around.

Well, I did end up starting that new BG campaign. This is probably the last year of my life I can play games like this so I might as well use it.

BGTrilogy with lots of mods, including the vicious return of Dark Side of the Sword Coast & Northern Tales of the Sword Coast, which I hadn't tried before.

NTotSC seems to be just as bad as DSotSC in absolutely horrible writing. I mean, a bard called Will Scarlet O'Hara? The pernicious lack of periods to mark the end of sentences? A run-on sentence every two lines? It's like everybody on the team forgot to go to middle school. But thankfully, it's not breaking immersion yet.

A Wild Mage as protagonist (best thing mods ever did, let you go up against xvarts with 3 Dweomers memorised), taking along Ajantis, Khalid/Jaheira, Kivan and Imoen. Always loved archers, and the mods added some cool Paladin gear so Ajantis' annoyingness is excused. Pretty brainless tank party, but with a party of Kagain/Tiax/Edwin/Minsc last time I wanted to shuffle things up.