Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

Gamefaqs is being torn to shreds right now.

Microsoft so won E3 :shifty:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gamefaqs is being torn to shreds right now.

Microsoft so won E3 :sorcerer:

Dude, it's Gamefaqs. Only a step above 4chan.

But yeah, that's a big announcement for Microsoft. It makes me even more curious about one rumored announcement for DKS3713.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sony is going to have to pull some serious crap out to top that.

"It's Ridge RACER!"

"Woo."

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Whoa, Netflix is teaming up with Xbox Live. That means with a Netflix account you will have free access to a ton of movies. That's awesome, and I imagine it will compliment the current mailing system they have in place.

I wonder if it will be streaming like on the Netflix website, or if it's a download?

Early days, but it LOOKS like it's steaming, since you can share movies with members of your party.

In case you didn't get that, you can now form parties in the dashboard (6 max) and launch games togeather, or, if one person has access to a film, everyone else can watch it with him from their own consoles.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Early days, but it LOOKS like it's steaming, since you can share movies with members of your party.

In case you didn't get that, you can now form parties in the dashboard (6 max) and launch games togeather, or, if one person has access to a film, everyone else can watch it with him from their own consoles.

6 max? I saw someone reporting up to 8 people.

I'm not sure that netflix even operates in the UK and if this 360 system will be available here either.

If it is, it would be tempting. I can't be bothered with the DVDs, but steaming movies to my 360 would be very nice.

Hadescopy.jpg

BREAKING NEWS:LOL

kirottu said:

So has any of you 360 co-op creatures decided yourself on PC vs. 360 in regards to Left 4 Dead?

It seems to me that the apparent decision to use the 360 headset instead of the PC's voice commands could mean that the failbox could be the superiour platform for this game.

I'm assuming that none of you are freaky enough to wait for the PS3 version.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Lly and I are getting it for 360, and I guess a couple of the other morons are too.

I understand your sceptesism of this, but it's hard to really understand why until you've actually experienced it for yourself. The coordination and convenience easily outweighs the learning curve for the controler where we're concirned, and that's even eithout guesting.

Also, if Orange Box is anything to go by, a Left4Dead PS3 port is risky, since Valve arn't doing it themselves (last I heard).

EDIT: The idiot squad cares not for Bad Company.

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's a decent group planning on getting Left 4 Dead on the 360. We've talked about it a couple times.

What about BF: Bad Company? Anyone getting it? The reviews are favorable.

I bought it. The destruction is awesome and adds another level of gameplay. Totally worth it.

PS: Explosives are EVERYWHERE in that game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I guess I'll have to be a console tard come november then. :)

I understand your sceptesism of this, but it's hard to really understand why until you've actually experienced it for yourself. The coordination and convenience easily outweighs the learning curve for the controler where we're concirned, and that's even eithout guesting.

Directed at me?

I've actually cut my teeth on the 360 controller recently and while it is quite horrible at first (read: i threw the controller on the ground several times in disgust) it is definately usable if these other features are as great a boon as people lead me to believe.

Also I truly suck at quick-keying voice commands. :)

So what is this guesting phenomenom that you people keep praising like it is the second coming of chocolate?

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Yeah, I was talking to you. Before getting a 360 (which took a lot of persuasion) I was pretty much in the same camp as you, it was really using the controler (playing Lost Planet) which sold me. As you say, compared to the controlers i'm used to (sorry, but the Duelshock is horrible) it is very usable. The convenience really can't be understated though, given the intigrated friendslist, voice communication and matchmaking, it's hard to go back to online PC gaming just because of the pre-setup and coordination required. Again, this really isn't somthing I appresiated before I got a 360, even if it makes me 'lazy'.

Guesting is where you can put more than one player from a console into an online game. EG, in Halo, you can actually have 4 players in an online game playing off the same console. It would be an instant seller for the 360 version of Dead Rising for myself and Llyranor because we have people constantly around who'd want to join in. If you don't have any friends it's irrelivent though.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yeah, pretty much. Gee, that would probably have been an easier way to describe it in the first place.

Too bad it's the minority of games that actually support it at the moment.

Hadescopy.jpg