US passports not even made in Amercia anymore....

Arkan

Yeah, this is a real good idea:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/0...outsourcing.cnn

So, the US lacks the "state of the art" technology to make passports? :):down:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I blame the Republicans.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I blame your face!

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I blame Canada!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

>_<

I blame Canada!

With their floppy little heads and beady little eyes.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Is it just me, or was that report nothing but pure conjecture? Okay, U.S. Passports are made by a european firm, using chips and assembly in the far East. Some Members of Congress have taken GPO to task for the supposed security risks in this, but is there any evidence that domestic production would produce a roughly equivalent product at a reasonable cost with a lower level of security risk? GPO is the only party I see that has thoroughly examined this question (they are required to do so under the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Buy American Act), and they concluded that the answer is no. The rest is all jingoistic whinging.

I suppose you chaps noticed that a lot of US equipment and munitions are made in Norway? Damned fishy, if you ask me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

U.S. Passports not made in the US? I blame the following:

Republicans

Chinese

People in Sitcoms

People in Soap Operas

People in Opera

Mars

Pluto (They've been plotting against us since we made it not a planet)

Rimshots

and Stuck up, Rich, and stupid people.

They all hate us normal people o:)

Art made in Mexico? Chairs made in China? Our guns made in Norway? (Norway would win the war better then we are :grin: )

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod