Filipinos warned that crucifixions could be hazardous to their health.

In my view, when it comes to mythic figures we need to take a look at what is actually plausible and remove the "supernatural" mumbo-jumbo. Now what is more plausible: A supernatural entity pregnanting Mary or Mary getting pregnant out of wedlock? I would say the latter than the former but given the way social and cultural misgivings for out of wedlock pregnancies back then Joseph and Mary probably concocted the story, being inspired by previous mythologies such as Zeus/Jupiter having his way with mortal women. A half-god son that could change the world sounds something more impressive than a bastard son who became fed up with the status quo as well. As with all myths there is often a kernal of truth hidden in the grandoise story.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Gods and monsters! Can we go five freaking minutes without yapping on about how all spiritual people have to be dungheaps with moose for brains? It's getting pretty tedious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Eh? >_<

Just trying to separate the myth from fact, Walsh. In fact did you know that Jesus wasn't labeled to be God till a full 400 years after his death. At the Council of Chalcedon in 451 AD he was proclaimed to be God and the Holy Trinity became doctrine.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Eh? :(

Just trying to separate the myth from fact, Walsh. In fact did you know that Jesus wasn't labeled to be God till a full 400 years after his death. At the Council of Chalcedon in 451 AD he was proclaimed to be God and the Holy Trinity became doctrine.

What the glitter-coated primate has that got to do with people nailing themselves to wood this weekend?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Its the who monkey see monkey do thing. They are probably thinking "If Jesus did it, so can I." I tell you, Jesus is just a bad influence on people. Someone should sue.

There was a staged crucification somewhere out here in Alabama a few Easters ago--a sort of traveling stage show that did religious plays. There was something in the paper about how the guy who played Jesus didn't think the cross looked sturdy enough and refused to get on. There was a fight and Judas started shaking and kicking the cross to show Jesus it was safe, but Jesus walked out. When the curtain went up, they'd crucified Judas instead and it was the greatest staged crucification ever.

That's a true story.

^That's just beyond awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

In my view, when it comes to mythic figures we need to take a look at what is actually plausible and remove the "supernatural" mumbo-jumbo. Now what is more plausible: A supernatural entity pregnanting Mary or Mary getting pregnant out of wedlock? I would say the latter than the former but given the way social and cultural misgivings for out of wedlock pregnancies back then Joseph and Mary probably concocted the story, being inspired by previous mythologies such as Zeus/Jupiter having his way with mortal women. A half-god son that could change the world sounds something more impressive than a bastard son who became fed up with the status quo as well. As with all myths there is often a kernal of truth hidden in the grandoise story.

Define plausible. No religion is "plausible". Its called faith.

Fictional event? There's proof that it happened, such as all the witnesses???

Really? I thought they'd all be dead by now.

No, Krezack, they're alive. I asked them to recall their account of his Crucifixion, and they wrote me a nice little papyrus scroll. ;)

Twitter | @Insevin

Define plausible. No religion is "plausible". Its called faith.

Not trying to diss or anything, but this has always somewhat annoyed me

Guess what, Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world yesterday! You don't believe it, huh? Well you shuld, cuz I have faith

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have bad news for you sunshine. Unless you convert to pastafarian in these next 24 hours you'll burn in hell as he brings apocalypse unto us all!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't go by faith. Not any more at least. When I was a youngster I went to a nice Christian church, had faith in some higher power, and whatnot. Then I grew up and saw how silly and dangerous faith can be. I saw how organized religions are the source of great amount of social ills in this country and abroad.

Faith is very dangerous.

So is faith in science, faith in our government, faith in the way we live the world.

To believe that avoiding religion makes us fully rational, controllable, independent beings who will not be subject to fanaticism, paranoia or delusion is itself the greatest danger of all.

That is why I don't go by faith, Tigger.

That is why I don't go by faith, Tigger.

What about your faith in squint eyed skepticism?

-Elwood Blues