What's your poison?

Humodour

Roughly what political persuasion are you?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. In general I am:

• Far-Right
    • Right
    • Centre-Right
    • Centre
    • Centre-Left
    • Left
    • Far-Left
    • Too hard to define
  2. 2. Economically I am:

• Far-Right
    • Right
    • Centre-Right
    • Centre
    • Centre-Left
    • Left
    • Far-Left
  3. 3. Socially I am:

• Far Right
    • Right
    • Centre-Right
    • Centre
    • Centre-Left
    • Left
    • Far-Left

An accurate Australian political test. Seems pretty country-independent, though (imagine the questions are about your own country). Give it a go. It will give you a political score, but also what Australian political parties correlate with your score, giving you an idea of what Australian parties do what.

None of the parties work for me according to the test (true), though the closest seems to be Greens, Democrats and One Nation. Far-left, centre-left, and far-right respectively. Hahaha.

Greens 53.6% (Voted for these guys in the 2007 election as a balancing move, only because I knew they wouldn't get any real power. I agree with them on a basic level, but consider them too far left for my liking.)

Australian Democrats 56.3% (You know, I actually identify with these guys. It's a shame they're failing so badly; bleeding voters to Labour and Greens)

Labor Party 50.7% (Current government... we'll see how it goes. I'm about as fond of them as I am of the liberals, but at least they actually care about the environment)

Family First 34.7% (A disgusting bunch of religious zealots)

Liberal Party 38.9% (John Howard's party - the government in power for 10 years. Did pretty well.)

National Party 37.9% (A coalition with the Liberal Party)

One Nation 68.6% (Considered right-wing, but sort of politically independent... has been accused in the past of xenophobia but it is more about control of illegal immigration - nobody really votes for them)

LOL. Love how it slowly decreases as we go down from left to right, until it hits One Nation and sky-rockets. It's not exactly a strong correlation to One Nation, though.

Political outlook

Your broad political orientation score is -1.7%, which equates to a

I'm communist

feel pain of my proletariate ass

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I was a lot more leftist than I would have thought according to this test, as I have always considered myself more of a centrist when it comes to economic issues - although the left-leaning social score was no surprise.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My political/economic/social alignment is apathetic.

Too apathetic to even take the tests!

But not apathetic enough to abstain from this thread.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was one point to right from Mahadma Gandhi in that, yay :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What some of these questions in the "compass" have to to with "right" or "left" (of the poll above) is beyond me. There's liberal* and conservative too, and it's not necessarily tied to "left" and "right". And even these categories change in time, so it's just natural to be rated differently if one takes the test again at a later date :p

I seem to be south-east of Gandhi, closer to the Dalai Lama but still a bit more east *gg*

*: Do they use the term "liberal" different in the US? On the compass it's called "libertarian".

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The term 'right' and 'left' in political context means something slightly different in each continent. A conservative European could easily be considered a Democrat for instance.

Also, many of the questions are too loaded and hypothetical to be answerable

no one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it.

Thats not a conclusion now is it, You can be proud if you happen to live in a country with founding values that you consider worthy, but automatic pride, as in the sense of patriotism, which we find everywhere from Dictatorship to beacon of democracy....

military action that defies international law is sometimes justified.

It depends doesn't it, show me an example and I'll tell you whether it's justified, answering 'yes' should not automatically move me anywhere in the matrix, the devil is in the details.

controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.

I don't feel that is an 'either - or' proposition, fiscal and monetary policy are tools used to reach an end goal of 5% unemployment, which is generally considered full employment, any less would create unsustainable wage increases and hurt the economy, but I can accept that my end goal is perhaps not the same as everyone else's. I would lean toward the controlling unemployment option.

the prime function of schooling should be to equip the future generation to find jobs.

What kind of schooling, elementary school, kindergarten ?. While I don't think it should be the prime goal of education, that doesn't mean that I don't think public education could and should do a lot better in that area.

a significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system

Well yes, thats all true, but is that doesn't mean it's a good thing.

astrology accurately explains many things

Yes, like how gullible some people are.

some people are naturally unlucky

Is this philosophy or more an option for people who refuse to believe in social Darwinism. Where is the 'how the hell should I know' option.

And here we go :

Economic Left/Right: -3.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10.

I guess I can live with that.

*: Do they use the term "liberal" different in the US? On the compass it's called "libertarian".

It's my understanding that Liberal in the US is mostly used by Republicans to describe everything that is wrong with Democrats. It's certainly not the same as economic liberalism (free trade), or 'traditional' liberalism (individual rights)

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Gorgon's observations about some of the questions have some truth to them.

It's been a while since I've taken that test, but I usually end up somewhere within spitting distance of -1 economic and -4 social (depending on when and if I use the "strongly" agree/disagree).

I am regularly accused of being a nazi and a hippie in the same evening.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Does that make you a hizzi or a nappie?

Whenever I do tests like this that focus on broad, sweeping statements of opinion, I come out on the economic scale as quite far to the left, but if the test looks at more specific questions related to initiatives actually under discussion in the UK, I come out as centre or centre-right.

Socially, I'm always way to the left, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Does that make you a hizzi or a nappie?

Sadly, a nappie.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I tend to agree with you guys.

I think that the test has a left-leaning bias due to the questions. They often frame the right-wing response as either illogical or heartless.

I think in general I am between centre right and centre left on political issues, but the political compass test claims I am far left.

The Australian political test I linked to seems far more accurate.

It just occurred to me that I could be both a nazi and a hippie at once. To create a thousand year reich, by using negative waves!

-Elwood Blues

Me. :o

Economic Left/Right: -3.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

:p

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think that the test has a left-leaning bias due to the questions. They often frame the right-wing response as either illogical or heartless.
If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

:p

I usually answer yes to questions like these, even if I don't believe that trans-national coorporations are neccesarily out to enslave humanity. It also helps that I in general belive that globalization will help humanity in general.

Also:

it's a sad reflection on our society that something as basic as drinking water is now a bottled, branded consumer product.

I do agree, but I'm guessing that the test will take it as me wanting to regulate people up their bottoms, which I'm not interested in. My main gripe with it is mostly that people should stop doing stuff that I dislike.

I could find even more but it would take up too much space.

@Gorgon

a significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system

The test doesn't ask whether it is correct but whether you agree.

My result:

pcgraphpngphpsa4.th.png

Anyway you people are horribly leftist.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

This test generally put me as an anarchist with communist tendencies. Sometimes I'm closer to Ghandi, sometimes I'm closer to to down the middle and at the bottom anarchism. It's bunk either way. You ask me these completely out of context general idea questions and I'm going to answer out of ideals, not my real world stance.

I'm with Gorgon on thinking that many of the questions are stupid.

Edit: And when the heck did Astrology start to apply to political persuasion?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

@Gorgon

The test doesn't ask whether it is correct but whether you agree.

Dictatorships can get things done quicker, while that is an advantage of sorts, there are much greater disadvantages for the populace. The test only asks me if I agree with one side of the issue, which is misleading, since the answer is yes, but that should certainly not suggest that I believe dictatorships are a preferable form of government.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.