Xbox 360 Revolutions

Nick_i_am

mk.3 360 thread paved the way for a poor Matrix joke that I simply wasn't man enough to make.

That 2v2 CoD4 was pretty fun, great practice for small-scale tactics and (as you guys might have realised) a good platform to test various weapons that we don't normally touch (hence me using a shotgun on the marketplace level).

Anyway, you guys should look into Ace Combat 6 and Vegas. Given the fun we were having in 2v2 CoD4, 4 player Terrorist Hunt in Vegas should be loads of fun.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

So tonight the 'team' I'm playing on is getting owned on Crossfire. This one guy, who was 3 and 17, keeps bitching about the other team camping. After about three minutes of it, another team member pipes up, "Shut up and go play Viva Pinata if you hate it so much". We all laughed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

You would. :bat:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You know, Bok, maybe the day will come where I get so bored with CoD that I'll take you up on that offer. I rank Halo somewhere along the lines of going to the dentist, or getting kicked in the nuts.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The right angle being a fairly narrow viewpoint. But it can be fun.

We need the next game to redeem 4p co-op.

In any case, Left 4 Dead will be awesome. I'm still unsure whether I'll get the 360 version or PC. It'll depends on whether the 360 version will allow guesting online. Otherwise, I might just get 2 copies on Steam instead.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Impressions from the new Ace of Aces map (which is mission 1 - same story, but seemingly vastly changed gameplay) for Ace Combat 6

The mission starts like normal except there are no C-17s in the first section to drop airborne tanks. There are the usual targets, plus roughly 60 enemy fighters, half of them are always shooting at you, so keeps your wits about you.

You can take out the fighters if you wish, but if you take out the targets, they all disappear.

Then a 2 minute countdown starts. By the Kings Bridge, 4 F-14s spawn under the name "RED". When you shoot down the 14s, 4 F-18s spawn under the name "GREEN". Then when those go down, a final group of 4 F-15Es spawn under the name "BLUE". If you take those 3 groups down within two minutes, you get the ability to use Allied Support. (That's right, in the first section, you can't use it at all).

Next, the mission continues like normal, with the same target B-52s and UH-9s spawning, along with another 60+ fighters, again, half always trying to kill you (ubar 1337 missile spam). Note that ti takes roughly 3-4 two missile passes to kill one B-52.

After all the targets have gone down, you get another 2 minute countdown. This time, an untaregtable squad of C-17s comes in from the west. They start to drop airborne tanks under the name "RED". you can take down the tanks with missiles. After this group, another untargetable group of C-17s appear. They then drop more airborne tanks under the name "GREEN", except this time, these tanks are untargetable, so you have to rely on your gun.

After the two tank groups have been destroyed (as long as it's within the time limit), you get more allied support. More fighter spanw, and two special sqaudrons as well. One is a squad of 4 Rafales under the name "SUCCUBUS", and 4 F-18s under the name "INCUBUS". Once you shoot down both of those squadrons, the Aigaion cutscene plays. (Note that if you die anytime before the cutscene, regardless of how far you get, you have to start from scratch due to no checkpoint)

After the cutscene, the red rings on your radar signalling the nimbus detonation, are completely surrounding you, the only way out is up or down. Yet more fighters spawn, along with Strigon and the Aigaion. I will point out that after the cutscene, you can actually land at Gracemeria Base to re-arm. Your final task.......DESTROY TEH STRIGON!

Once all of the Strigon's have gone down, the mission is complete. There is no need to cross the return line.

I got killed 3 times, but still came out with an S (Evasion FTW)

Differences from standard "Invasion of Gracemeria" mission:

- There are 8 Strigons: 7 of them are still SU-33s, the other is in fact the CFA-44. It is implied that Voychek is flying it.

- The Aigaion is not targetable, it is there for show, but it also makes more deadly Nimbus barrages.

- Every single Nimbus barrage is aimed at you and not randomly. The red circles always surround your aircraft.

- There are no Apaches flying over the Gracemeria Base runway.

- After you shoot down the first three 4-plane squads (RED, GREEN and BLUE), a small fleet consisting of a Carrier, two Destroyers and an Aegis will spawn just south of Kings Bridge.

- As stated before, you can land at the Gracemeria Base runway to refuel.

- No C-17s in the first section.

- Even if you take down the CFA-44 first, second or third etc. Toscha will start the "Strigon Leader is hit!" line of dialogue. However, Strigon will NOT evacuate, they will still fight.

- If you do try to land, make sure it's after a Nimbus attack. I got killed while I was slowing down on the tarmac.

- It is not mandatory to destroy the enemy fighters, but for the S rank, I advise you do so.

- Allied Support CANNOT BE ACTIVATED BELOW THE THIRD SECTION OF THE BAR. You have to get into the fourth bar for it to work.

Re: new co-op map

The co-op download is proving to be quite the task. There are several subsections to the mission and even with 3 people, it is difficult to take out all targets in each subsection. Plenty of F-15s, F-14s, SU-47s and F-22s in the co-op along with an ungodly number of ground targets. You even have to kill off flak cannons at the beginning to safely exit the canyon. The use of the tunnels is incorporated in the mission as well. If you are a fan of co-op play, it's definitely worth the money for this one.

Hadescopy.jpg