US Presidential Elections

Guard Dog

Barack uses fundraising

McCain is confused!

o:)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Best campaign gimmick ever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, I think I've had enough of the Democrats destroying each other and handing the Whitehouse to the Republicans now. I was looking forward to a real, serious, intelligent and high-minded contest between McCain and whoever opposes him, but it will be a terrible waste of an opportunity if the Democrats implode before then.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If the Dems do beat McCain I guess I'd prefer Obama. At least there would be some chance of a change of culture at the top.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

90fe6633b78e8297bfd859b4dcf94942.jpg

LOL. :yes:

They should hold all the primaries etc. over the summer, the conventions in September, then 6 weeks of campaigning and the vote in November. Spreading it out over a year (or eighteen months, it seems like with this one) is just painful.

That would make the process go too fast. We've got quite a large country and we do need that time.

Yeah, I just hope Billary drops out and Obama moves forward.

What is so great about Obama? I think he'd do well domestically but terrible on foreign policy. I believe Hillary would do well in both aspects. If either wins, all is good with the world, but I do think Hillary is the better choice. You can just compare it to KOTOR. Hillary=Revan Obama=Malak. :wowey: That doesn't look good actually.

Twitter | @Insevin

You can just compare it to KOTOR. Hillary=Revan Obama=Malak.

*epic facepalm*

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What is so great about Obama? I think he'd do well domestically but terrible on foreign policy.

Foreign policy is not the same as image, it's true, but Obama would have a tremendous positive effect on the US' image abroad, not just because he's black, but because he's said he would talk to people - even those the US doesn't approve of.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

>_

Thats not enough to dismiss that the way he thinks may lead the US into greater danger.

What danger?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I want there to not be war for a couple of years. With the raising graphical standards, I can enjoy exploding churches and people being burned in tanks virtually on my screen with ever-increasing clarity and vision. I hope no one actually has to experience either.

I hope that's not too much to ask.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hillary Deathwatch!

To start off, we're putting her odds at a generous 12 percent. (Last week, a Clinton campaign official gave her one-in-10 odds.) At the moment, polls indicate that Obama has survived the Jeremiah Wright flap (for now). Clinton's Bosnia blunder has metastasized from a headache into a five-day circus. Bill Richardson finally climbed down from his fence onto Obama's side. And a Michigan court yesterday deemed the state's Jan. 15 primary unconstitutional and declined to order a revote, effectively smothering the last glimmer of hope for a deus ex Michigana bailout. Meanwhile, a new poll puts her favorability rating at 37 percent

I've been reading more of How to kill by Kris Hollington. It's my considered opinion that Hillary or Obama will be the subject of at least one assassination attempt, and there are good odds of it being succesful. My question is, is it tasteless and/wrong to lay a bet to that effect?

-Elwood Blues

I've been reading more of How to kill by Kris Hollington. It's my considered opinion that Hillary or Obama will be the subject of at least one assassination attempt, and there are good odds of it being succesful. My question is, is it tasteless and/wrong to lay a bet to that effect?

It's not nice to seek to profit from such an event.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

But if i lay a bet on it, maybe the bookies will generate nterest, and raise the issue higher, leading to better security?

-Elwood Blues

But if i lay a bet on it, maybe the bookies will generate nterest, and raise the issue higher, leading to better security?

You can raise awareness without seeking to profit.

I think many people are aware of the risk.

The biggest risk is probably assassination by capable professional killers - like those who work for the CIA or aligned groups.

I don't think security is the issue. One thing that deters profession political assassination is the prospect of discovery and horrendous consequences. If you can make it clear that someone will find any bastards who do such a thing and destroy them and all of their friends that will help.

You can see though, that even murder/assassination by bin Laden did not result in effective retribution against the perpetrators but instead in efforts to profit from the deaths by perpetrating other wars of opportunity to achieve other objectives (political control of the Middle East).

It's like gang fights. Even the good guys are skum.

You can hope that there really are a few good men and because of that it won't happen.

I don't think security is the issue. One thing that deters profession political assassination is the prospect of discovery and horrendous consequences. If you can make it clear that someone will find any bastards who do such a thing and destroy them and all of their friends that will help.

You can see though, that even murder/assassination by bin Laden did not result in effective retribution against the perpetrators but instead in efforts to profit from the deaths by perpetrating other wars of opportunity to achieve other objectives (political control of the Middle East).

It's like gang fights. Even the good guys are skum.

You can hope that there really are a few good men and because of that it won't happen.

I'm sorry, Colrom, but I've fallen foul of the language barrier. Would you mind explaining that again? :)

-Elwood Blues

Come now.

I don't think language is the problem.

How about we don't talk about or bet on the prospects of assassination of Obama or the Queen or anybody else.

That should be clear enough.

Add On Edit -

I guess that was uncalled for on my part.

I apologize.

More reasoned response in next post.

Edited by Colrom

It is my impression that most successful assassinations are carried out by capable and experienced killers working under the guidance or influence of powerful political people.

Also, treachery seems to be a common element. A trusted person clears the way for the killing.

One of Hitler's generals tried to kill Hitler. Some people believe that the CIA may have played a role in the assassination of Bobby Kennedy.

I haven't seen or read anything that makes me think that assassinations of that type are likely to be detered by public awareness of the risk to the victim.

There is reason to believe, however, that assassinations may be detered by fear and expectation of retribution - the more so if the retribution is likely to be of a type that will not be easy to avoid.

So - if you want to deter assassination - you would probably do best develop fear of retribution in the minds of those you expect are most likely to be doing the evil deed.

It is not clear if we have been doing a good job of that lately. Our political police seem to be too easily distracted from their assigned task by the gold coins they find lying about.

Is that better?