New Fallout 3 screens

sharkz

Looks like crap. The graphics are as gray and drab as MW's was crappy brown. Disgusting. And, the enclave have been reduced to nothing but enemies to kill. You'd think they'd wnat to capture you to find our where your vault is (if they don't know); but nooooo..

LAME.

O NOES! We're in agreement.

That fatman weapon is the stupidest thing they introduced into the game. like WTF?!?!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

We still haven't seen any part of the game really outside of combat. Despite my dislike for Oblivion I'm still not writing of FO3 as a lost cause yet.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Looks like crap. The graphics are as gray and drab as MW's was crappy brown. Disgusting. And, the enclave have been reduced to nothing but enemies to kill. You'd think they'd wnat to capture you to find our where your vault is (if they don't know); but nooooo..

LAME.

O NOES! We're in agreement.

That fatman weapon is the stupidest thing they introduced into the game. like WTF?!?!

Oh no... it gets even worse:

If you defuse the bomb in Megaton you are rewarded with a shack, "which like all your future homes can be themed in different ways - pre-war, Mr Loverman, and Vault themes can be bought at the local supply store.

Barbie's post-apocalyptic house dress-up!

I wonder if NMA will post a headline saying "We are sorry Rosh. You were right."

Disappointed that all they wanted to do was achieve the highest number of exploding limbs in a single minute record, but not surprised. We still don't really know anything yet.

Positives: the ad was very nice, though the babies popping out was off. The environment looks great in action. It might or might not look exactly Fallout, but it stands well and I think I would enjoy exploring it.

Negatives: VATS never gets old? Sorry, it's already old. Havoc technology means everyone explodes at the same places in the same way, and it looks really, really unrealistic when you throw a grenade slow motion, and the other guy just stands in the same spot while its coming at them. They don't even look at it. It's like "oh theres a nuclear missile coming my way, I'll just stand still and maybe shoot at you, shall I". It's not good GAMEPLAY, it's not COOL, and it's not IMMERSIVE. Exactly which box does this tick?

We have yet to see most of the game of course, no dialogue/etc yet. And for all their hyping about enemies using cover, we haven't really seen that in this trailer either (in one of them, raiders do take cover, but thats because they spawn behind cover to begin with. When left up to AI they just run out, then stand still while Todd shotguns one.)

Oh no... it gets even worse:

If you defuse the bomb in Megaton you are rewarded with a shack, "which like all your future homes can be themed in different ways - pre-war, Mr Loverman, and Vault themes can be bought at the local supply store.

Barbie's post-apocalyptic house dress-up!

I wonder if NMA will post a headline saying "We are sorry Rosh. You were right."

I admit that stuff like this doesn't sound good; what it sounds like is that Bethesda is taking all their dumb Oblivion ideas and shoving them right into FO. Which would (does) suck.

But we have no context (due to Bethesda's cone of silence on non-combat gameplay in FO3) in which to place these things. They may just be like little Oblivion seeds scattered in a huge field that is much like FO and therefore aren't really significant when viewed within the context of the entire game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

WoWSers! Just like Oblivion where you can buy a neat house and get pretty things for it. Just WoW!!! Oblivion with guns!

Also, if you shoot enemies with teddy bears... THEY EXPLODE IN A BLOODY MESS! (There is a gun that shoots junk you have on hand, and todd was shooting a Raider with... teddy bears).

I'm not making this up.

Stop it. You're freaking killing me here, Jae. :(

I'll assume G4TV website will have the video up shortly, and you can see for yourself, how they are making this abomination.

Also shooting people IN THE HEAD, causes people to Blow up in a bloody mess (Arms and legs somehow... get blown off... by the bullet you shoot to their head).

BETHESDA ARE SO FUNNY! hoho!

I'm trying so hard to be positive here!

Damnit.

A gun that shoots Teddy Bears? Jesus Christ, I was unaware that Bethesda was taking the time to model the ballistics of Teddy Bears. DO they need a smoothbore or can they be fired from a rifled barrel? :(

Are you sure you are not making this up, Jae?

I'll assume G4TV website will have the video up shortly, and you can see for yourself, how they are making this abomination.

Also shooting people IN THE HEAD, causes people to Blow up in a bloody mess (Arms and legs somehow... get blown off... by the bullet you shoot to their head).

BETHESDA ARE SO FUNNY! hoho!

The exploding is due to the bloody mess perk. In the game play trailer the enemy shot in the head doesn't blow into pieces until a few seconds after he's shot which makes it seem disjointed.

Another thing that bugs me is that the enemies still fire on the character while the slow motion bullet camera thing plays. Although realistic -- why would I want that feature enabled if it makes my character a living pi

I'm trying so hard to be positive here!

Damnit.

A gun that shoots Teddy Bears? Jesus Christ, I was unaware that Bethesda was taking the time to model the ballistics of Teddy Bears. DO they need a smoothbore or can they be fired from a rifled barrel? :(

Are you sure you are not making this up, Jae?

There is really nothing to be positive about Fallout 3. And sadly no, I am not making this up.

Actually if you get G4TV, you can watch the first todd demo now.

Edited by Jaesun

I think that i finally understand the artistic integrity of Bethesda. Todd Howard just described, by his own words, on how the Nu-kular catapult, called "fatman" worked on the soldiers from the Un-clave.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think that i finally understand the artistic integrity of Bethesda. Todd Howard just described, by his own words, on how the Nu-kular catapult, called "fatman" worked on the soldiers from the Un-clave.

Well, to be fair, I can't pronounce aluminum, but I still know what it is. Sorta.

The fatman thing is silly, but not too far-fetched. There are thermobaric munitions that pack a considerably stronger punch than what is shown in the trailer. And yes, they are shoulder mounted.

The teddy bear thing is silly as well, but not much sillier than killing super mutants in one hit bare-handed, kung-fu style.

And of course, what a retarded idea it is to give the player a hut! I mean, just look at Bloodlines for instance! OMG FAIL!

You wouldn't be more predictable if you did it on purpose. Quaint.

There is really nothing to be positive about Fallout 3. And sadly no, I am not making this up.
I take it you get your kicks from being bitter, then?

Find another hobby man, you'll live longer.

Edited by random n00b

I take it you get your kicks from being bitter, then?

Find another hobby man, you'll live longer.

Well lets see... Play Barbie's post-apocalyptic house dress-up. Completely ignore Fallout canon. Teddy bears that make people explode. Bethesda thinks killing people with patriotic music on the radio is "funny". Bullets shot at peoples HEAD, causes arms and legs to suddenly fly off and explode. The BOS AND the Enclave in WASHINGTON? The Enclave radio station? WTF. I could go on and on.

I will say... I think it's a pretty game. But it is no where near a Fallout game. At all.

I don't really care about Fallout canon though. I just don't want the gameworld to be as bland, empty, lonely, and meaningless as Oblivion was.

Bullets shot at peoples HEAD, causes arms and legs to suddenly fly off and explode.

The same hapenend in Fallout 1 + 2 -- maybe you missed my previous post about the bloody mess perk. Everything goes bloody splat explode with it. If anything that's one of the few things that is true to the earlier Fallout games.

The teddy bear gun does sound silly -- unless the teddy bears are filled with lead :verymad:

I think you're confusing "canon" with "conventions". There's nothing explicitly stated about DC in any of the Fallout games, nor is it confirmed that the Enclave was wiped out after 2.

That is true about the Enclave. Why then are the BOS there? (Tactics is not canon). Anyways there is more debate on this at NMA.

The same hapenend in Fallout 1 + 2 -- maybe you missed my previous post about the bloody mess perk. Everything goes bloody splat explode with it. If anything that's one of the few things that is true to the earlier Fallout games.

No I know they had the bloody mess perk, but people explode by being shot by... teddy bears? what?

And It has been a while since I played fallout 1/2... but with a targeted shot to the head + bloody mess... people would explode and body parts fly off? That I don't remember.