NHL

SteveThaiBinh

And by the looks of it, Patrick Marleau did everything but get a point tonight. He rings one off the crossbar, saves a goal in overtime, then nets the shootout winner. I love it when these NHL guys prove me wrong!

This afternoons' Oilers - Hawks tilt was a bit of a nailbiter. Great clutch goalscoring, but some pretty bad defensive play. I'm really looking forward to seeing how our Kid line pans out next year already. With any luck we can avoid giving Anaheim a chance at the lottery pick in this years draft.

Maybe it was because of all the matinee games , but there sure seemed to be a high number of 'weird' goals scored today.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"With the success of the Winter Classic between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres this past January, the NHL has been looking into the possibility of holding more outdoor games. Since the Yankees will be moving into a new stadium in 2009, the proposed hockey game would be the final sporting event held at old Yankee Stadium."

Link

You think that's cool Deraldin? One of our rookies, Andrew Cogliano, has scored the game winner in three consecutive overtime games. That's an NHL record, by the way!

The push for ninth starts now! **** You Brian Burke!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You think that's cool Deraldin? One of our rookies, Andrew Cogliano, has scored the game winner in three consecutive overtime games. That's an NHL record, by the way!

The push for ninth starts now! **** You Brian Burke!

Yeah, but with the number of overtime games you guys play (and win!) and taking into account the number of rookies, it was bound to happen sooner or later. :o

Good win last night. But still.. not. I mean, with eleven games left to play they are still seven points out. Winning in OVERTIME against their closest rival is better than losing, but still not good enough! And now they're basically at a position where it doesn't really matter if they tank it or not, they won't get a good draft pick anyhow. Unless they lose ALL 11 remaining games, but I don't think Bettman would like that :nuke:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

go ducks!

Really? They are pretty much choking right now. I don't see them as the same team they were last year. They are the third best in their division.

They are one point behind Dallas (+0 games) and two behind San Jose (+3 games) - two of the hottest teams in the NHL right now. I don't think anyone in the NHL would want to face the Ducks in the playoffs, and I don't see how anyone can beat them in a series besides Dallas. Having Corey Perry out does hurt... maybe he can be back if they make it to the third round.

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

http://ballhype.com/video/pronger_stomps_o..._leg_new_angle/

Simon got 30, Pronger got none.

I don't know, it really looks like he's stomping on Kesler to me. It just can't be an accident.

Yeah, I've always disliked Pronger, but I thought he'd cleaned up his play over the last couple years. This is inexcusable though, he deserves at least 5 games.

http://ballhype.com/video/pronger_stomps_o..._leg_new_angle/

Simon got 30, Pronger got none.

I don't know, it really looks like he's stomping on Kesler to me. It just can't be an accident.

Yeah, I've always disliked Pronger, but I thought he'd cleaned up his play over the last couple years. This is inexcusable though, he deserves at least 5 games.

Rumors are 10+ games. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

The first part of the Chris Pronger hat trick is almost complete. He'll be suspended for sure.

Now we just have to wait for him to blast the Canadian media and reinvent physics. :D

Sucks to be Anaheim though. I wouldn't say they're in any real danger of missing the playoffs but you never know...

He got off easy.

And the Leafs can forget the playoffs (not that they had much of a hope to begin with). Sundin out. Poni out. Our team's two top scorers are both out. And we lost again. Ho hum.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The top line of the Oilers was much better with Shawn Horcoff in the middle, not Jarred Stoll. Stoll has been the linemate of doom this season, although it's not for lack of effort (anymore :down: ), he's just been as snakebit as one can be in the NHL. Last year he was concussed twice, and he still hasn't been able to get his game back to where it was. I think I was reading somewhere that he was one of the, if not the worst center in the NHL for even strength points in the 07 campaign. He still gets a fair bit of powerplay and penalty kill time, but you can tell by his three penalties tonight that he's not really at the top of his game.

Tonight's three stars:

1.Dwayne Roloson

2.Dwayne Roloson

3.Dwayne Roloson

with an honorable mention to mr.Clutch, Fernando Pisani!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Roli brought back terrible memories of 2006 with his work tonight. Those weren't outside shots either, there were quite a few point blank and traffic saves. Ah well, the Sharks drop the winning streak, but a point is still a point and they've got the games in hand to take the Pacific. I think if they win 6 of the last 10 they will wrap up 2nd, very doable. Of course, they need to at least split the pair against Dallas and Anaheim.

Ouch. Have to agree with Bowen. Toskala is going to be on every single last highlight reel tonight for that goal. 197 foot shot that results in a short handed goal. It bounced all the way down the ice and took a weird hop just before it got to Toskala and went just around his glove and into the net.

More crazy action in the league tonight. Buffalo rallying against Tampa was a hoot to see on tv. Nice to see San Jose clinch a playoff spot as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif