NHL

SteveThaiBinh

I simply dislike the absolute trashing of players, and the way people dehumanize them. Look at some of the responses to this trade espicially by Pens fans. They are really trashing Hossa as not just a hockey player but a human just because he doens't have a ring. plenty of great players have played without a championship. heck, Ray Bourque only won a championship at the end of his career by running to an already dominate Avalanche team. *shrug*

Pointing out that hossa's past playoff performances aren't up to the standards he set in the regular season is one thing - trahsing him, and saying he sucks as a hockey player ((as well as a human) is beyond the pale. Heck, people point out the series with the Rangers as 'proof' of hsi sucikitude' yet let's point out it was 4 4 games, and the entire team was horrible - including so called 'veteran play off guys'. Plus, hossa has had some good play offs too boot.

Writing someone off is simply dumb.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Some players deserve the playoff choker label, many don't but get it, it's just the way it goes with the hockey world. Alfredsson is still sometimes thought of as a playoff choker even though he clearly was the best Senator and maybe the best player in the playoffs last year.

Only really good players get the moniker because they already have a reputation as an outstanding regular season performer. It's not really an insult. It's just a question of whether their tremendous game changing talent can translate into post season success.

And then Hossa gets injured in his first game. Ah well, Pittsburgh should be used to dealing with injuries by now.

You know, I sat up for a few hours on trade deadline day wondering where/how Brad Richards would fit with the Stars. His four assists tonight make me thankful for picking him in my hockey pool. I'll always hate Dallas, but can't deny that Richards is one of my favorite players. Huge contract and all. I think the Western Conference better take notice.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That's what I thought as well. Do you unseat reformed prima donna Mike Ribero from the top line? What about the mighty horseface Modano? It turns out that Richards was playing second line duties with Hagman and that other guy, something that sounds like Mittens or whatever. Anyhoo, checking the stats it looks like the newest addition potted five helpers tonight. It sure would be funny if Tampa traded St.Louis to Dallas next year. :thumbsup:

edit:Uh oh, the Kings just pulled within one of the Oilers...

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Marleau has been a huge dissapointment in my hockey pool this year. I'm not so cheezed about Cheechoo, since I picked him from a lower bracket, but ol' Patty really has been a letdown this season. I figured at worst he'd get around 57 points, and that would really be a stretch for him to achieve this season.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Leafs had a pretty good game tonight. But as usual it feels like too little too late. Let's hope I'm wrong. Still six points out though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Leafs had a pretty good game tonight. But as usual it feels like too little too late. Let's hope I'm wrong. Still six points out though.

Would you rather see them make the playoffs, or get Stamkos? There seems to be a lot of talk about which one people would prefer right now. I can think of several sports writers who have done stories about the number of pissed off Leafs fans because this winning streak is ruining their chance at getting Stamkos. Just thought I'd ask your opinion. :ermm:

I don't want them to miss the play-offs and I would be extremely happy (and surprised) if they made the play-offs this year. But I also want them to get a shot at a good draft pick number. Can't I both have the cake and eat it? :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't want them to miss the play-offs and I would be extremely happy (and surprised) if they made the play-offs this year. But I also want them to get a shot at a good draft pick number. Can't I both have the cake and eat it? :)

Unfortunately that's not the way it works. :thumbsup: